Home

Old 10-13-2016, 05:54 PM   #265
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: $29 NBA 2K17

They now have the US copies available on cdkeys. It's $48. The euro copy is now $26. Was anyone able to get the euro copy to work on a US steam account?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2016, 07:13 PM   #266
Rookie

OVR: 6

YUP, simple download a free VPN (even for a trial) doesn't make a difference, choose a European... server and then activate.. NO reason to pay full price for the same game

Use the saved money to buy VC for myplayer/my career :-)

Good luck

OH on a side note after activating... go into options in steam and change U.S (they allow you to) 100 % legal. THis way all prices are now shown in US $$ not euro's!

THe game will update on the U.S servers once activated.

Note: the DLC and 10k VC code didn't work for me and many others.. but for $29... doesn't make a difference

Please remember cdkeys and all the other similiar website selling "keys" are in a "Grey" area/.. not illegal but .. certainly a bit shady.. but they're 100 % legit you will get a key.
Old 10-13-2016, 07:39 PM   #267
MVP

sbauer318's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuttyrich
YUP, simple download a free VPN (even for a trial) doesn't make a difference, choose a European... server and then activate.. NO reason to pay full price for the same game

Good luck

OH on a side note after activating... go into options in steam and change U.S (they allow you to) 100 % legal. THis way all prices are now shown in US $$ not euro's!

Note: the DLC and 10k VC code didn't work for me and many others.. but for $29... doesn't make a difference

Please remember cdkeys and all the other similiar website selling "keys" are in a "Grey" area/.. not illegal but .. certainly a bit shady.. but they're 100 % legit you will get a key.

Using a VPN to activate a regional key is a good way to violate the Steam agreement. Legit retailers tell you not to do it. Even unauthorized key resellers tell you not to do it. Don't do it.
NFL: Baltimore Ravens
Old 10-13-2016, 07:45 PM   #268
Rookie

It's not illegal. Never heard of anyone on steam being banned once key is activated it's legit. By all means if a person wants 100%.. They buy retail. Option is out there it's not illegal.

Sent from my KIW-L24 using Tapatalk
Old 10-13-2016, 08:30 PM   #269
MVP

sbauer318's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
It's not illegal. Never heard of anyone on steam being banned once key is activated it's legit. By all means if a person wants 100%.. They buy retail. Option is out there it's not illegal.

Sent from my KIW-L24 using Tapatalk

I didn't say it was illegal. I said it was against their terms. They may or may not suspend your account. I'd rather not leave the choice up to them.
NFL: Baltimore Ravens
Old 10-14-2016, 12:02 PM   #270
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:

Good luck

I already have a vpn. I'm guessing you need to use the vpn to purchase the key too as it doesn't allow you to checkout as their site see's my ip is coming from the states. I'll give it a try. I don't care about the VC crap as i don't play any of that. Thanks.
Old 10-21-2016, 07:46 PM   #271
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoodedSoldier
They now have the US copies available on cdkeys. It's $48. The euro copy is now $26. Was anyone able to get the euro copy to work on a US steam account?
Well.. the thing is CDkeys ( and many others) issued EURO keys to U.S customers (early release) we were unable to activate... (only by VPN).

If you buy the Euro version you will be billed a bit higher whatever the conversion rate is? I see it at 24.98 U.S (you will need to be on a euro VPN for the purchase) otherwise it will say remove from cart this isn't for your country..

So VPN when purchasing, and VPN when activating, after that... go back to regular internet, change home back to U.S and everything is 100 % fine and NOT illegal

If this was the ps4/xbox one I would say pay the $50, but cheat engine is back (makes the game unplayable and basically NO ONE online.

I don't have any performance problems with max settings.. BUT many many people here DO and I certainly trust fellows from here when they say it's not optimized .

With the power of a P.C.. we should be crushing xbox/ps4... we are the red headed step child. I will tell people to BUY EURO for $24 until 2k removes the cheat engine

Good luck
Enjoy
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »