Home

NBA 2K16 PC Patch #3 Available, Details Included

This is a discussion on NBA 2K16 PC Patch #3 Available, Details Included within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 12-01-2015, 07:12 PM   #49
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K16 PC Patch #3 Available, Details Included

The game is still massively unbalanced in my view. You get to the rim far too easy (I blew out the Thunder with the Pelicans by scoring 94!!! points in the paint). Fastbreak points are also far too easy to come by if you have 2 or 3 relatively quick players. On the defensive side that is a problem as well. Screens work too well, the AI controlled defenders react far too slow to a drive even when they are right next to the basket. Big man barely miss (Adams scorched AD for 25 points even though I had AD right in front of him, bodied him up and contested or went for the block every time). Dribbling and ballhandling in and through traffic causes a 90% chance of losing the ball for the user yet somehow the A.I. rarely has those problems even when you play at low difficulties. Still ridiculous high shooting percentage by the A.I. (even if you slow down the tempo, which you are barely able to do, and absolutely grind the A.I. to death on defense they will rarely score below 47% which is just ridiculous). Still ridiculously high assist rate (how on earth is it, that every PG seems to have a field day against my team. Usually oposing PG's end up with 18+ Assists even if I beat their team to a pulp and win by 40). Still the stats are absolutely ridiculous. Most teams average 50+ rebounds, which even the strongest rebounding teams today manage maybe every 10 games, Most teams average 25+ assists etc. Furthermore still long *** waiting times to skip timeouts or rather to actually start doing stuff during your timeouts. Btw. why is it that neither Kenny nor Shaq nor Ernie know the names of most of the rookies or the legends? Pretty annoying when they can't say someones name in the player of the game presentation.

Yeah the audio cutting out is mostly solved and yeah some other stuff was improved. But there is still so much unfinished and unready about this game. Also: why is there still no option to edit coaches and staff of a team in the roster editor? How is it that I can basically cheat to my hearts content when playing MyLeague but I can not edit the staff to resemble their real life counterparts in looks and in Grades and names? That is just pitiful. Also: Has any of the developers ever checked how half the coaches look? Steve Kerr looks like a bad caricature of himself, especially with all that grey hair and so does Billy Donovan and a lot of others. At least give me the option to edit them. There is also still nothing done about the trade logic in MyGM. Before the game came out we were told that we would be told by our opposite GM why the deal doesn't work or what he would like and then we would get to try and win him over. Why is that not implemented? Why is all I get: well that isn't enough for me. Why isn't the GM saying something along the lines of: if I give up this player I need to get a replacement for his position, as he is a rotation player and I need 2 picks. Or: I need cap space, so if this trade is gonna happen you need to take one of our big earners. Also why do I earn pitches for the opposing GM that I can never use? Why do I have no inclination of how much he likes or dislikes the offer? Why is it so hard to have a similar system to when you try to extend player contracts? Like you offer this and that and the guy either says: nah I don't like it, or I like it a bit but you have to sweeten the deal with a pick, cap space or whatever?
Old 12-01-2015, 08:58 PM   #50
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackyRocks96
The game is still massively unbalanced in my view. You get to the rim far too easy (I blew out the Thunder with the Pelicans by scoring 94!!! points in the paint). Fastbreak points are also far too easy to come by if you have 2 or 3 relatively quick players. On the defensive side that is a problem as well. Screens work too well, the AI controlled defenders react far too slow to a drive even when they are right next to the basket. Big man barely miss (Adams scorched AD for 25 points even though I had AD right in front of him, bodied him up and contested or went for the block every time). Dribbling and ballhandling in and through traffic causes a 90% chance of losing the ball for the user yet somehow the A.I. rarely has those problems even when you play at low difficulties. Still ridiculous high shooting percentage by the A.I. (even if you slow down the tempo, which you are barely able to do, and absolutely grind the A.I. to death on defense they will rarely score below 47% which is just ridiculous). Still ridiculously high assist rate (how on earth is it, that every PG seems to have a field day against my team. Usually oposing PG's end up with 18+ Assists even if I beat their team to a pulp and win by 40). Still the stats are absolutely ridiculous. Most teams average 50+ rebounds, which even the strongest rebounding teams today manage maybe every 10 games, Most teams average 25+ assists etc. Furthermore still long *** waiting times to skip timeouts or rather to actually start doing stuff during your timeouts. Btw. why is it that neither Kenny nor Shaq nor Ernie know the names of most of the rookies or the legends? Pretty annoying when they can't say someones name in the player of the game presentation.

Yeah the audio cutting out is mostly solved and yeah some other stuff was improved. But there is still so much unfinished and unready about this game. Also: why is there still no option to edit coaches and staff of a team in the roster editor? How is it that I can basically cheat to my hearts content when playing MyLeague but I can not edit the staff to resemble their real life counterparts in looks and in Grades and names? That is just pitiful. Also: Has any of the developers ever checked how half the coaches look? Steve Kerr looks like a bad caricature of himself, especially with all that grey hair and so does Billy Donovan and a lot of others. At least give me the option to edit them. There is also still nothing done about the trade logic in MyGM. Before the game came out we were told that we would be told by our opposite GM why the deal doesn't work or what he would like and then we would get to try and win him over. Why is that not implemented? Why is all I get: well that isn't enough for me. Why isn't the GM saying something along the lines of: if I give up this player I need to get a replacement for his position, as he is a rotation player and I need 2 picks. Or: I need cap space, so if this trade is gonna happen you need to take one of our big earners. Also why do I earn pitches for the opposing GM that I can never use? Why do I have no inclination of how much he likes or dislikes the offer? Why is it so hard to have a similar system to when you try to extend player contracts? Like you offer this and that and the guy either says: nah I don't like it, or I like it a bit but you have to sweeten the deal with a pick, cap space or whatever?

Don't give up...nodding is your best friend and the guys are putting together some special things.
Old 12-01-2015, 09:13 PM   #51
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
Don't give up...nodding is your best friend and the guys are putting together some special things.
who, and what? lol =/
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2015, 05:14 AM   #52
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by psydefx
who, and what? lol =/
Exactly my thoughts.
Old 12-02-2015, 08:46 PM   #53
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by grgmths1433
Have you tried Sword sliders?
No but I did check them out. I'll give it a shot. I'm more than capable of making my own sliders. I know what I like.

Few things I do differently:

No fatigue. No Injuries. 10 min Quarters. I want fouls but don't want to spend half the game watching or shooting ft's.

I like a thin line between sim and arcade. Mostly sim. I can't stand broadcast side camera angles and like to play on autoflip from behind the ball handler--Drive zoomed in around 3 and height around 7. Not sure there are many of you that prefer the 2k angles.

I run plays every time down. Play at a medium pace. With the Bulls. I customize my playbook and try to rely on cuts and spot up shooting. Lots of pick and pop with gasol. (Like the real bulls SHOULD be doing more)

I wish you could customize quick plays. I want to be able to quickly have a player cut or post up that isn't predetermined by the 2k.

I'm convinced it's all about tendencies. I don't have time to make a roster. Hats off to those that make them.

I also don't really trust sliders that run settings at 100 or 0. It can't be that absolute.

So much damn potential in this year's game. I feel like it's right on the cusp.

Last edited by LeonLeroy; 12-02-2015 at 08:54 PM.
Old 12-02-2015, 08:51 PM   #54
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
Finally broke down and grabbed me an xbox one during the black friday sales and copped this game for it. As excited as i was for the modding capabilities of the PC version, i was never going to get full enjoyment with my low end system and this game is too purdy not to experience it in full.
I would never admit it to my girlfriend---but I built a bad *** rig primarily motivated by 2k in ultra hd. (I'm also a graphic designer--so it works out).

My computer--with everything considered on what I spent including my ASUS 144hz IPS display---easily breaks $3000.

I've been playing basketball video games since atari. Every year staying current with the newest releases.
Old 12-02-2015, 09:49 PM   #55
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

144hz IPS...must be bliss...why can't there be monitors that's 1080 and IPS?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2015, 11:10 PM   #56
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonLeroy
I would never admit it to my girlfriend---but I built a bad *** rig primarily motivated by 2k in ultra hd. (I'm also a graphic designer--so it works out).

My computer--with everything considered on what I spent including my ASUS 144hz IPS display---easily breaks $3000.

I've been playing basketball video games since atari. Every year staying current with the newest releases.

Man i know the game looks lovely on your rig. You should share some pics of the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »