Home

Is NBA 2k16 PC online dead?

This is a discussion on Is NBA 2k16 PC online dead? within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 11-26-2015, 04:52 AM   #17
Rookie

Dynasty League's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Is NBA 2k16 PC online dead?

I get an error message everytime I try to play online once I try to make a sub, call a play, ect in the menu.

It is extremely disappointing.
Old 12-02-2015, 08:21 AM   #18
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nique2KPC
It's not dead I would say, but the region lock does effect it more so than consoles. U.S west is dead it seems.
The game was basically never really alive.
Look at the numbers on Steamcharts:
November lost 18.23% compared to October. The all-time peak was a laughable 7.333 players on at the same time (reached on October 3) and nowadays it barely goes over 5.000 players worldwide on weekends.
The all-time peak for NBA 2K15 was 8.197 players

I'm not surprised though, from the first minute of release people were warning others about the abysmal state of the game, that 2K pretty much puked out a beta version and even after several patches it's still in a rather sorry state.
Of course the ban wave and the fact that 2K only banned people for getting VC while having the Cheat Engine Cheaters still running arond doesn't help either.

I moved on, i have more fun with GTA Online and Rocket League than i ever had with NBA 2K16.
Old 12-02-2015, 10:16 AM   #19
Pro

Vroman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowAngel85
The game was basically never really alive.
Look at the numbers on Steamcharts:
November lost 18.23% compared to October. The all-time peak was a laughable 7.333 players on at the same time (reached on October 3) and nowadays it barely goes over 5.000 players worldwide on weekends.
The all-time peak for NBA 2K15 was 8.197 players

I'm not surprised though, from the first minute of release people were warning others about the abysmal state of the game, that 2K pretty much puked out a beta version and even after several patches it's still in a rather sorry state.
Of course the ban wave and the fact that 2K only banned people for getting VC while having the Cheat Engine Cheaters still running arond doesn't help either.

I moved on, i have more fun with GTA Online and Rocket League than i ever had with NBA 2K16.
MyPark is a lot more populated than it was in 2k15 and overall online community is alive in europe, in US most are on consoles and pc community much smaller there i guess. Also cheat engine users did get banned, I haven't seen single cheater after last patch (and there were very few cheaters since the first banwave).
However most cheaters are in pro am mode, since they can bypass the ban by being invited by friends or something. I don't like the game mode anyways, not much point to it and gameplay is very cheesy there, so not that much of a loss.

Last edited by Vroman; 12-02-2015 at 10:21 AM.
Old 12-03-2015, 08:57 PM   #20
Rookie

If you're talking about Europe, fair enough but on USEast there are still plenty of people cheating.

There was definitely a ban wave since this last patch, but at one point on USEast all 3v3 courts had cheaters on them. There are still a bunch showing up -- people who pop in as legend 5, dunkasurus Centres who run faster than smaller players and can't be stolen from etc.

Every ban wave is only a temporary respite. There might be a higher population than 2k15, but 7k people isn't enough for 2K to give a **** about actively stopping cheating on the PC platform.

I haven't even bothered with Pro-Am because of them being able to circumvent the ban. The sad thing is I still enjoy playing MyPark. Most cheaters aren't very good and lean hard on their stats set to 99 to overcome terrible playing. Anyone who is actually competent though, I just avoid like the plague.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »