Home

Nba 2k pc community

This is a discussion on Nba 2k pc community within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-18-2015, 01:33 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Nba 2k pc community

I got a new laptop with high graphic card, processor etc... so this year I'm thinking that I might just get 2k16 for pc instead of xbox one. But before i do so, how is the nba 2k pc community. I'm my mind I always envision 2k on pc not having as big of a community as xbox one, am I wrong?
Knowing that's it pc and there are mods are there hackers?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Last edited by YoungTune; 07-18-2015 at 01:36 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2015, 02:42 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Nba 2k pc community

Sup bruh ! I've been playing 2k on PC since 2K13 and I love it ! But there's not a lot of dudes playing online I got 2k on PC because I'm more of a MyLeague and MyGM guy than a Online or Park guy so I'm really glad I changed because the mods make the game so much more fun and cool , the cyberfaces , the jerseys, the courts , lighting it's so good !
If you enjoy the online aspect more than the offline then you should get it on Xbox but if you want more depth and style and bling-bling you should get it on PC .
Old 07-20-2015, 11:57 AM   #3
MVP

StormsWarning's Arena

OVR: 9

the mods this year vs last year for 2k14 are extremely low considering, the online servers work, but there are not many on, and when they are, its a cheese fest, i would say stick to consoles, i think the modding era is slowly coming to an end when it comes to the new'er games, just because the way the file structure is. yes you do have the basics modding where you can change a color on a jersey, a court, and cyber faces, but it really is small, now 2k14 + The UBR Mod is an entirely different story. excellent game and excellent mods!

me personally im not pre-ordering or buying any more sports titles until i see game, madden, 2k, live whatever, yeah i've seen some vids of all the new stuff from all company's but each year they do this, they show a little of this and a little of that, you get the game, and here come the huge threads of bugs, glitches, and will fix this and that next year, and then the same cyle repeats its self etc, so ima save myself the trouble this year and say NO MORE!, and wait and see what happens 6 months after release! mean time ill continue to play what i have, there's alot of other great games coming out, and if i can still play my atari and nintendo, i know i wont have a problem playing a year old game, until i can see if its really worth while picking up, my only regret is not taking this stand sooner, live and learn though.

Last edited by StormsWarning; 07-20-2015 at 12:03 PM.
Old 07-20-2015, 06:17 PM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormsWarning
me personally im not pre-ordering or buying any more sports titles until i see game
Makes sense if you're playing offline, but for NBA2K specifically, if one is into MyTeam, then one is starting from far behind.
Old 07-20-2015, 07:49 PM   #5
MVP

jk31's Arena

Not really...What you get by preordering is little...

What you get for preordering 2k16? 10k VC? Wow...I get 10k VC in 3-4 Days claiming my daily rewards in the MyNBA2k App. 3 Emerald Packs? Yeah...3 packs... doesn't cost that much to get...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2015, 09:50 AM   #6
MVP

StormsWarning's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryl
Makes sense if you're playing offline, but for NBA2K specifically, if one is into MyTeam, then one is starting from far behind.
i do mostly play offline, online is good with friends, random lobbies are garbage imo, im not the best on the sticks and i'm fine with that, but im not fine with people who over abuse glitches etc, games are meant to be fun, i came up in the era when there wasn't any online, atari, nintendo era, most these the people i have played in random lobby games no matter the game have used exploits, it's not even a matter of a company placing anti cheats to prevent the crap, i can prevent it myself, by picking and choosing who i play with online. i play the mut, and my team, i play mostly vs the cpu and build my team that way and through auction, every blue moon ill go to random lobby and play a game or 2, but i'm just not into the online aspect of it like everyone else is, i have over 60k sitting in my mut right now, haven't touched it in months, it was the same thing in m25.
Old 07-22-2015, 09:59 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk31
Not really...What you get by preordering is little...

What you get for preordering 2k16? 10k VC? Wow...I get 10k VC in 3-4 Days claiming my daily rewards in the MyNBA2k App. 3 Emerald Packs? Yeah...3 packs... doesn't cost that much to get...
The bonus for pre-ordering is modest, but if they weren't, then people would be in an uproar over people paying for too much of an advantage.

My point was in relation to StormsWarning's later statement about waiting for 6 months to see how patches develop, glitches get fixed, etc. That's what I was referring to, in terms of starting from behind: waiting 6 months, not waiting for general release.
Old 07-22-2015, 10:09 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormsWarning
i do mostly play offline, online is good with friends, random lobbies are garbage imo
If you're mostly playing offline, then it's not a big deal to play NBA2K on PC instead of a console. Main advantage of console is much bigger online community for online matchmaking. That, and generally cheaper AH prices.

Only advantages to playing on PC are better graphics/mods, and the limited extent to which it's preferable to use a keyboard for some stuff (i.e. Auction House searches).

I've been playing on PC mainly because I have one with more than sufficient hardware and it was a matter of spending $40 on Steam for the game, versus same amount for game but also $X for a new console.

I would just pre-order NBA2K16 because I know I'll play it and $60 is trivial, but I'm wondering if I'm not better off playing on a console and buying a console to do that. Console cost isn't a big deal. Bigger deal is it being a whole separate piece of equipment that I would mostly only use for NBA2K.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »