Home

Will you stop buying the PC version if modding is stopped?

This is a discussion on Will you stop buying the PC version if modding is stopped? within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience
View Poll Results: Would you stop buying 2k on PC if modding is no longer available?
Yes, I only buy the PC version because mods make the game great 19 48.72%
No, I prefer playing primarily on PC 17 43.59%
Meh, doesn't matter to me one way or the other 3 7.69%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-27-2015, 05:00 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Will you stop buying the PC version if modding is stopped?

Without modding, it only makes sense for people with i7, 4K Compatible, Ultra graphics cards (which surely isn't many) to purchase 2K on the PC. Honestly the PC community has soley extended the play-ability of games like NBA 2K14 for almost 2 years with mods such as the Ultra Base Roster [UBR], FIBA, and the NCAA series. Imagine 2K hiring a select group of PC community members to deliver 2K for PC completely seperate from console versions. While close to imagination it would be great to play a full season from 2005 with next gen graphics. ..

With our background of experience with 2K for PC, as well as consistent involvement in the forums Visual Game Simulation | (VGS Network) released our very own 'Official DNA Roster' last year for NBA 2K15 on the Xbox One. Which thanks to everyones support, was the #1 overall downloaded roster.

With more realistic features being added on to the 2K series every year, we will continue to reach for the excellence and accuracy that the PC community will surely continue to search for.

LONG.LIVE.2K.MODDING
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2015, 04:15 PM   #26
MVP

HypoLuxa13's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Will you stop buying the PC version if modding is stopped?

I have bought the PC versions of 2k9, 10, 12, 14, and 2k15. Console versions 2k11, 2k12, 2k13. It was easy to double dip when the PC version was only 29.99

I got a PS4 for MLB The Show, so I'm going to start with the PS4 version of 2k16. Going to give online play a shot this year, and PC online community is sparse.

Was looking forward to Mods on the PC version last year, but that didn't happen, so I was a bit disappointed. But that likely will not stop me from buying the PC version of 2k16 at some point off Steam when it is on sale sometime.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »