Home

Why is PC version the red headed step child of NBA 2K

This is a discussion on Why is PC version the red headed step child of NBA 2K within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 06-26-2015, 01:53 PM   #33
Hail To The Redskins!

cjallure24's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Why is PC version the red headed step child of NBA 2K

Quote:
Originally Posted by davtrinh
Are there any plans for someone to release an updated roster for PC? Xbox One and PS4 getting all the love in their respective forums.
http://forums.nba-live.com/viewtopic.php?f=159&t=97995
Old 07-16-2015, 02:42 PM   #34
MVP

OVR: 22
Re: Why is PC version the red headed step child of NBA 2K

Quote:
Originally Posted by KehliahoMauiFootball
I'm more of a console guy but

NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS 512
8192 MB RAM
DirectX 11
Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 Quad
That C2C Proc and that ancient (as a mummy) graphics card is causing some of the issues you have. You gotta keep in mind 2k15 is running on a new-gen engine. Your graphics card alone is like 8 years old...that Proc you have is equally as old or right around there. The ram you have..even though you state 8gb...is DDR2 ram. Bro..time for a new rig man. These new games require a decent setup these days. Anything older than 4 years old or so will struggle. Your PC is closer to Xbox 360 hardware than a Xbox One or PS4..just to give you an idea but PC games in general tend to need a bit more brute force power to overcome background resources taking up power and the fact that console games are simply much better optimized overall..where as PC games are a big rough around the edges in terms of optimizations.

Running a Intel i7 [email protected] with 8 threads...and a AMD R9 280X 3GB card and 8 gbDDR3 system ram. Game runs 60fps at 2560x1440 resolution (2k resolution) on a big screen hdtv. That resolution is inbetween 1080p and Ultra High Def hence the 2k resolution..its a nice trade off and in the middle of Ultra 4K and 1080p HD. I had a very high end graphics card but i blew it ...long story but luckily i had the 280x in a secondary rig, so i use that for now which is fine for current games as of now.

Dude you can build a decent rig today for 600 or 700 and if you do not know how to build, buy a pre-built but much better bang for the buck if you simply learn how to build a PC. You don't have to go as high as i did a year and half ago when i built this rig. It's worth it if you want higher than new-gen console visuals. I do have a PS4 but i opt for PC versions when possible...example if there is a console game that is also on PC...i will choose the PC version over the new PS4 version. Just because i can max out the games a tad bit more than what PS4 can push.

Anyone that plans on playing PC games..really gotta make sure your hardware is up to snuff. Again..most of your issues are all hardware related and i guarantee from the rig you have that you are not super PC savvy which is no disrespect as most people are not PC savvy...but my point is...i guarantee your PC is not optimized well and have a bunch of background apps and resources running in the background...This issue alone can slow down a powerful PC...it's all a learning process, i guess and don't feel bad..every single PC gamer all started off at the beginning.

Last edited by Moegames; 07-16-2015 at 02:50 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »