Home

Will there be Steam Pre-loading of 2K15's PC version?

This is a discussion on Will there be Steam Pre-loading of 2K15's PC version? within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-22-2014, 05:49 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 12
Will there be Steam Pre-loading of 2K15's PC version?

Hiya fellows.
Since a lot of the point of pre ordering is getting to play on launch day, and since the game is expected to be absolutely MASSIVE (~50 GB), meaning a rather long (possibly even arduous, judging by steam track record with bandwith) download time awaits, does anyone know if pre-loading of the game will be allowed?
I really hope so, since I have been planning a launch party and this could seriously screw things up...

For those who are not familiar with the term, pre-loading means that the majority of game files can be downloaded a couple of days prior to release so that on launch day only a small amount of data (i,e, small download) is necessary in order to get up and running. This feature is not unusual for games released via Steam, but I do not know who makes the call, steam or the developer. I assume it's 2K's call to make.

Let's keep our fingers crossed then, and try to get some attention to the issue.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2014, 05:53 AM   #2
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: Will there be Steam Pre-loading of 2K15's PC version?

It won't be 50GB compressed, surely.

How common is Steam preloading? rough %? Strikes me as something bigger (as in more popular) releases might do.
Old 09-22-2014, 08:57 AM   #3
Pro

jaateloauto's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nza
It won't be 50GB compressed, surely.

How common is Steam preloading? rough %? Strikes me as something bigger (as in more popular) releases might do.
It will be 50GB, no doubt about it. That's what it was downloading the game to PS4 last year and Steam releases don't get big installation files but just download the thing as is usually, even with big files like Thief, Total War games, etc.

And preloading is very common, but NBA 2K has been pretty flaky about even appearing on the store front in previous years.
Old 09-22-2014, 01:30 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

http://www.gamingdragons.com/en/game...steam-key.html

36$

Check out my gaming pages (basically rec highlights)

https://www.tiktok.com/@ghostdenidag...Iqia5BLDy&_r=1

https://youtube.com/@Ghostdenidagawd

6'9 3-level scorer 2k23
Old 09-22-2014, 02:08 PM   #5
Rookie

JBulls's Arena

OVR: 2

Is this legit? Seems to good to be true
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2014, 03:16 PM   #6
Pro

jaateloauto's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBulls
Is this legit? Seems to good to be true
A lot of the time key shops work, but there are a lot of exceptions. Most important is that you should never pre-order from a key shop. They might not get keys in time, or get ones that require you to activate through a VPN for example.

They're not licensed resellers and are part of the grey market. Their keys may be from countries where buying the keys is cheaper, or even straight up stolen. There are cases where people who bought their keys from key shops have their codes deactivated when the theft is discovered.

It's buyer beware, and your most important weapon with them is to use paypal so you can issue a chargeback if the transaction fails.
Old 09-23-2014, 03:26 AM   #7
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaateloauto
It will be 50GB, no doubt about it. That's what it was downloading the game to PS4 last year and Steam releases don't get big installation files but just download the thing as is usually, even with big files like Thief, Total War games, etc.

And preloading is very common, but NBA 2K has been pretty flaky about even appearing on the store front in previous years.
Hrm so they don't usually offer a compressed file, which then takes a bit of time to decompress and install?

If it's really a 50GB download then this is going to be.... interesting. Here in Australia, that is a fair chunk of most monthly download limits.
Old 09-23-2014, 05:54 AM   #8
Rookie

JBulls's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nza
Hrm so they don't usually offer a compressed file, which then takes a bit of time to decompress and install?

If it's really a 50GB download then this is going to be.... interesting. Here in Australia, that is a fair chunk of most monthly download limits.
unlimited is available in Aus, I have it

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »