Home

NBA 2K15 System Requirements Revealed For PC Users, Will Cost $59.99

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 System Requirements Revealed For PC Users, Will Cost $59.99 within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-28-2014, 05:12 PM   #209
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: NBA 2K15 System Requirements Revealed For PC Users, Will Cost $59.99

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimm44
I read somewhere (maybe earlier in this thread) that if I can run the FIFA15 demo I will probably be able to run 2k15. Is this popular opinion?
I think 2K15 has a higher quality of graphics in general, and most of the FIFA gameplay is from a fairly far away perspective and it doesn't take much in the way of polygons to render a soccer player who is 1/8th of the screen in height. Having said that, you do have more of them to render than basketball, but it also seems like NBA has a larger focus on crowd, the bench etc as well.

Probably a fair indication but I'd expect 2K15 to be a bit more demanding. The wildcard is the fact that they are two separate engines and one could be optimized for PC a lot more than the other.
Old 09-28-2014, 05:15 PM   #210
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nza
I think 2K15 has a higher quality of graphics in general, and most of the FIFA gameplay is from a fairly far away perspective and it doesn't take much in the way of polygons to render a soccer player who is 1/8th of the screen in height. Having said that, you do have more of them to render than basketball, but it also seems like NBA has a larger focus on crowd, the bench etc as well.

Probably a fair indication but I'd expect 2K15 to be a bit more demanding. The wildcard is the fact that they are two separate engines and one could be optimized for PC a lot more than the other.
FIFA is more demanding. Check steam for req.
Old 09-28-2014, 05:26 PM   #211
MVP

OVR: 19

In the demo for FIFA there aren't many visual customization options, but with the resolution maxed, rendering set to high, full screen, and no limit for frame rate, the game plays very smooth and fast with any camera angle. I do get some lag if it shows camera shots with just the crowd and during intros, but gameplay looks very smooth. I wish it had a benchmark feature in the demo.

What can you guys tell me based off this information? If there is anything else I can tell you, ask and I'll try to answer.
Acts 2:38. Let the truth be told.
John 4:23. He is seeking a seeker.
John 3:20. Say no to normal.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2014, 05:46 PM   #212
MVP

Quote:
In the demo for FIFA there aren't many visual customization options, but with the resolution maxed, rendering set to high, full screen, and no limit for frame rate, the game plays very smooth and fast with any camera angle. I do get some lag if it shows camera shots with just the crowd and during intros, but gameplay looks very smooth. I wish it had a benchmark feature in the demo.

What can you guys tell me based off this information? If there is anything else I can tell you, ask and I'll try to answer.
What's your config and will you be doing roster updates for 2K15?
Old 09-28-2014, 05:51 PM   #213
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8KB24
What's your config and will you be doing roster updates for 2K15?
Possibly. I just finished a 2015 and 1993 roster for Skoadam over at NLSC. Complete overhauls. I'm going on a missions trip in less than two weeks and I'm going to work on a 96 or 98 roster after that. Those are for 2k13, by the way. I like 13 more than 14. If my setup will run 2k15 and some editing tools are released, I will probably put in some work.

I don't want to tell you my specs yet. According to canirunit and game-debate, I shouldn't be able to run 13 or 14 and I can max those out with no problem at all.
Old 09-28-2014, 05:59 PM   #214
MVP

Quote:
Possibly. I just finished a 2015 and 1993 roster for Skoadam over at NLSC. Complete overhauls. I'm going on a missions trip in less than two weeks and I'm going to work on a 96 or 98 roster after that. Those are for 2k13, by the way. I like 13 more than 14. If my setup will run 2k15 and some editing tools are released, I will probably put in some work.

I don't want to tell you my specs yet. According to canirunit and game-debate, I shouldn't be able to run 13 or 14 and I can max those out with no problem at all.
Too bad. Your rosters were absolute best gameplay-wise.

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri Go here and check NBA 2K15. If it says yes -- you're good to go. At least on lowest settings(like I will).
Old 09-28-2014, 06:09 PM   #215
MVP

Quote:
Too bad. Your rosters were absolute best gameplay-wise.

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri Go here and check NBA 2K15. If it says yes -- you're good to go. At least on lowest settings(like I will).
That website tells me I can't run 2k13 or 14 at all. I max those out easily.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2014, 01:34 AM   #216
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
FIFA is more demanding. Check steam for req.
I have little faith in the accuracy of NBA's requirements - they are so vague. Listing DX11 and memory for a GPU requirement is a joke - it doesn't even mention which grade of GPU from a grunt perspective.

Plus it isn't like there is a standard way to determine sys requirements between developers. One may play it safer than another, one might phone it in *cough* 2K *cough* without putting much effort into really determining the requirements down to a specific CPU/GPU model level.

All in all it tells us nothing and isn't comparable to FIFA's.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »