Home

Best laptop for gaming? (NBA 2K in particular)

This is a discussion on Best laptop for gaming? (NBA 2K in particular) within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-27-2013, 01:06 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Best laptop for gaming? (NBA 2K in particular)

Hello,
I'm about to ready to make the switch from 360 to PC gaming after seeing all the amazing mods available on the PC version. However, Im a novice when it comes to PC gaming, so what type of laptop (including specs) would you guys recommend, without breaking bank that is lol thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2013, 01:20 PM   #2
Rookie

dragonjaii's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Best laptop for gaming? (NBA 2K in particular)

whats your budget?
Old 05-27-2013, 01:52 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonjaii
whats your budget?
I'd say $800 max, will that be enough for a quality gaming laptop?
Old 05-28-2013, 01:47 AM   #4
OCD Roster Editor

rovert22044's Arena

OVR: 0

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16834230595
(Close to your budget. Solid laptop overall. Should get mid to high performance on all games with mostly high)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16834230416
(In your budget. Not as good as the first, but still a solid machine)

And the one I would most recommend:

http://www.amazon.com/Republic-G75VW...=operasport-20
(I currently have this one. Granted, it's not nearly as good as my $2,000 custom built PC rig, but it's still some of the best performance you can get from a laptop. Extremely solid laptop)

EDIT: If I recommend anything, it would be build a desktop. I thought having a gaming laptop would be awesome cause I can play my games on the go and wherever I want! Right? Wrong. The screen looks and feels weird when gaming on it. The laptop overheats (get a cooling mat) which decreases performance drastically. And it's not nearly as customizable. But hey, if you're really set on a laptop, go for it. I just recommend building a PC.

Last edited by rovert22044; 05-28-2013 at 01:49 AM.
Old 05-28-2013, 12:02 PM   #5
Rookie

Wow thanks a lot for your help and going the extra mile to find me the recommended models, I really appreciate it! On that note though, (sorry to be a pain) I think I might as well go for the desktop because what you said makes a lot of sense. Would it be possible to get a solid gaming laptop to play 2K13 on for under $1000 (no lagging, framerate issues, etc), and if so, what are the necessary components/ specs, if you don't mind helping me again? I'm totally new to the PC gaming realm but after seeing all the amazing mods you guys have I feel its about time. Thanks again for your help!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2013, 07:17 PM   #6
OCD Roster Editor

rovert22044's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kxw7340
Wow thanks a lot for your help and going the extra mile to find me the recommended models, I really appreciate it! On that note though, (sorry to be a pain) I think I might as well go for the desktop because what you said makes a lot of sense. Would it be possible to get a solid gaming laptop to play 2K13 on for under $1000 (no lagging, framerate issues, etc), and if so, what are the necessary components/ specs, if you don't mind helping me again? I'm totally new to the PC gaming realm but after seeing all the amazing mods you guys have I feel its about time. Thanks again for your help!
No problem. I can build you a PC on Newegg with the best possible specs for your budget. First question, would you need peripherals such as monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, speakers, etc.? If so, which ones would you need. I'll build the specs once I get a response.
Old 05-28-2013, 10:01 PM   #7
Rookie

bobbyb9827's Arena

PC Noob Here.
http://www.staples.com/HP-Pavilion-g...product_132506
Is this good enough to play 2k?
Old 05-29-2013, 12:11 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rovert22044
No problem. I can build you a PC on Newegg with the best possible specs for your budget. First question, would you need peripherals such as monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, speakers, etc.? If so, which ones would you need. I'll build the specs once I get a response.
Thanks again man it really means a lot. But I don't need a headset and although I plan to hook up the CPU to a flat screen I could use a decent monitor. but I do need a a mouse, speakers, and keyboard, but just base models at best for those please. The things I really want to focus on are the meat and bones of the system (processor, graphics card, etc) to give me the best 2K gaming experience with minimal issues but without going broke lol thanks again for your much needed help!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »