Home

PC slider discussion

This is a discussion on PC slider discussion within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-03-2012, 10:15 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
PC slider discussion

Let's talk about what slider sets you are using and roster set also. Also I'd like to see what type of adjustments you are making to enhance your experience.

I was playing on default roster with mkharsh33 slider set#2 until last week. Played about 15 games on my association. That combination was good until I realized my CPU opponents were not playing the way I wanted them to. Every game was pretty much the same. CPU's SF and SG doing most of the work. I went through mkharsh's thread and he said it wasn't something his slider set was able to fix. He suspects with need a patch.

Well you know when patch is going to drop for PC users!!!???

Now I'm playing with slimm44's roster set with mkharsh slider set #2, the newest updated one by mkharsh. I honestly believe slimm did an amazing work to improve some major aspects of this game.

-Aggressive CPU behaviour after defensive rebound. Constant fastbreak attempts
-Unfair CPU offensive rebounding
-CPU Big men not getting enough touches. Hardly ever see them doing post moves.

Well at least, these are the greatest improvements I noticed over default rosters.

But here is the thing.... I'm just going to copy and paste stuff over the stuff I was discussing from slimm44's roster thread below. (You guys can still talk about other slider and roster combination here.)

Last edited by achieveduser; 11-03-2012 at 10:17 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2012, 10:16 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: PC slider discussion

Hi guys,

I've been testing this roster with mkharsh's set #2. (The latest updated slider with Take Inside shots and Close shots at 25) I normally choose Raptors as human because I'm most familiar with the players on this team.
I play games against 76ers and Bulls normally for the test purpose each time new slider set is released. I have some expectation for both teams so I try to observe AI's Center and PG behaviour.

Observation 1:
When I play against 76ers. I saw Bynum scoring 26 points from 12/22 FG. I loved it. But please note I had to increase Bynum's stamina to 85 in slimm's roster to make him play for 34 minutes. (11 min quarters for mkharsh slider)

I won the game 85:76... The raptors shot 50% from the field I think that's what got me the win. I play with playvision lite and try to execute plays, less fancy ISO stuff as possible.

Offensive rebounds was bad for me.
CPU grabbed more offensive rebounds in this new slider set but I admit they looked legit in my opinion. Also in this game, Bynum had some nice putbacks and couple of slams so that's OK for me. Total rebound number was very close. 40 for me and 38 for CPU. I did much better than CPU in defensive rebound.

Observation 2:
I played against Bulls. This is little bit tricky. I think I saw Derek Rose driving to the basket just couple of times in the game.

What I'm about to say is just my theory. I think whatever slimm did with his roster greatly improves aggressive CPU attacking behaviour already... It could be the coaching sliders and/or individual player tendencies... it could be anything. Anyway, it does such a wonderful job in calming CPU down, I only see CPU's fast break points being just around 6ish when I play with mkharsh's slider set. This, to me, is a conflict.

So with everything toned down, especially attack the basket set to 0 in mkharsh's set, it's very rare to experience CPU drive ins. When I tried increasing attack the basket to 2 from testing couple of days ago, I saw very good results from D Rose. So I tried a game against 76ers right away and noticed this change made Bynum soft again.

Today I'm going to try a game against Bulls and 76ers again. With attack the basket set to 1. I might make some adjustments to the user shooting abilities to make game bit more challenging but that's independent of how CPU centers and PG will perform.

Also bring down CPU's fatigue rate in mkharsh's slider set from 60. With this roster, I noticed CPU players getting tired bit too fast hence less minutes played for some key guys.

I will give you an update later today.
Old 11-03-2012, 10:20 AM   #3
Rookie

OK. So I increased CPU attack the basket to 1 and played against 76ers and Bulls today. I decreased human mid range shot by 1... hoping it will give me more challenge. Fatigue rate from 60 to 58 for the CPU. I just want to see more of CPU starters.

Observation 1: My raptors won against 76ers. 72:69 was the final score. Bynum was the highest scorer still at 16 points with 8/20 FG. It was just a low scoring game for both team but I'm still very happy. Neither team was successful in 3 point attempts hence the low scoring game. Also 76ers only attempted only 8 from the 3 point line with the new change. This concerns me but more to follow at the bottom about this. As for fast break points, 76ers had 8 points while I comitted 9 turn overs. I think CPU can do little better in this department.

Observation2: A game against Bulls was my victory again. 90:83 was the result. Even though Bulls FG% was higher than me, I was 95% from the foul line. The raptors were very good at getting bulls to commit shooting foul so that help me grabbing the win.

Happy to tell you guys that with the new change, D Rose attempted the most FG at 16. He just didn't have a good game, only making 6 shots. Next high attempt was Noah at 15, and Boozer at 13. Deng tried 11 shots. Both Noah and Boozer grabbed nice number of offensive rebounds so I'm happy that they were trying to score right away underneath the basket.

The fast break points was 7 for bulls but they didn't really have a chance because I only comitted 4 turnovers.

One thing that starting to concern me a little is Bulls going for only 10 3-pointers. 76ers was 8 attempts. I read from mkharsh's thread that tendencies are very touchy in 2k13. If you change one tendency slider then it will have drastic impact on another. I always keep this in mind when I alter things but this is what I got from just changing attack the basket to 1 from 0. I hope I'm not messing up 3-pointer attempts by CPU. Maybe I will play more games to see.

I really don't want to clog up slimm's roster thread with slider discussion. So let's continue what changes you guys are making to your slider over here.
Old 11-03-2012, 12:23 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

I guess I'll discuss about the sliders here from now on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by achieveduser
It's the offence for user. I always shoot close to 50% against CPU from mid range. Too successful in my opinion. Anyway, I tried lowering it by 1 but still made too many shots. I'm going to lower it by another 1.
How were you shooting close to 50% against CPU from mid range? Which team did you use? Which players were getting a good % from mid range? Just curious.
Old 11-03-2012, 02:30 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by free24ride1
I guess I'll discuss about the sliders here from now on.

How were you shooting close to 50% against CPU from mid range? Which team did you use? Which players were getting a good % from mid range? Just curious.
I was using Raptors when I shot 50% from the mid range. I find Lowry, DeRozan, Bargnani, Calderon are all great shooters in the games I played.

My trick is always attempting mid-range shots with open guys. With offensive play call set to Auto and using play vision, I say I can find open guys about 8 out of 10 times. If they are decent shooters, I can score very easily this way.

I only go for contested shot when the play gets broken.

I noticed I get close to 40% on 3-point shooting also. This happens to me more often than not. (Again I just follow the play and hit the open shooter)

I guess I can up the difficulty level but that means more slider adjustment for me. I don't really want to do that so easiest thing for me is lowering human shooting ability in offence.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2012, 02:46 PM   #6
Rookie

I played a game against OKC using Knicks this morning. I couldn't stand Bulls and 76ers anymore!

Durant had a really nice game. Highest score with 22 shot attempts. He pretty much made most them!

But I was very disappointed to see Westbrook attempting only 7 FG. Freaking Ibaka tried 16 shots on me though. I wish Westbrook and Ibaka numbers were reversed. Kevin Martin tried 15 shots... not bad.

OKC attempted 14 times from the 3-point line. Few less than what I like to see.

I think I'm gonna play with Attack the Basket tendency more. Perhaps raise to 10 and see what happens...

if that doesn't work, I'm thinking of putting everything to 50... and start from the scratch in tendencies department. Haha that'll be fun :P

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »