Home

Compatible equipment

This is a discussion on Compatible equipment within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-02-2012, 01:07 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Compatible equipment

How much money is that? Give a link to the site you are looking at.
Old 11-02-2012, 04:51 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 1

I just did a test on my laptop, with the ATI Radeon HD 4250, but it didn't pass it says HD 2400 for Radeon or Geforce 6800 for Nvidia, also 512MB ram for video ram.

I would imagine if you get a 256MB ram video card it would run, I have played 2k11 on this laptop without issues. Not sure the differences between specs for 2k11 and 2k13.

Also the more RAM is always better, so I would reccomend 4GB ram Laptop or Desktop. Good thing about Desktops are you can add a video card to it.
Old 11-02-2012, 06:18 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0

There are very basic gaming desktops that would run this game on newegg that only cost around 300-400 bucks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2012, 12:30 PM   #12
MVP

Crossover1's Arena

OVR: 17

Try to get a laptop/desktop with a dedicated GPU because integrated graphics suck for gaming. Do you plan on playing other PC games in the future? If so, you're better off getting a good computer. If not, you might be better off with a cheaper PC because 2K is not that demanding.

If you plan to get a desktop, just build it yourself since it's much cheaper than buying a pre-built PC, and you get to control exactly what you need/don't need. Bulding one isn't that hard either.

Last edited by Crossover1; 11-03-2012 at 12:36 PM.
Old 11-05-2012, 11:42 AM   #13
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjhill23
How much money is that? Give a link to the site you are looking at.

Its a work site... sorry man but its around 400

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUCJ85
I just did a test on my laptop, with the ATI Radeon HD 4250, but it didn't pass it says HD 2400 for Radeon or Geforce 6800 for Nvidia, also 512MB ram for video ram.

I would imagine if you get a 256MB ram video card it would run, I have played 2k11 on this laptop without issues. Not sure the differences between specs for 2k11 and 2k13.

Also the more RAM is always better, so I would reccomend 4GB ram Laptop or Desktop. Good thing about Desktops are you can add a video card to it.
Man im new to this so you gotta be less technical to a degree

Looks like the laptop wasnt going to happen according to what you guys are all saying
Old 11-05-2012, 11:43 AM   #14
yellow

23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjhill23
There are very basic gaming desktops that would run this game on newegg that only cost around 300-400 bucks.

have any links?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossover1
Try to get a laptop/desktop with a dedicated GPU because integrated graphics suck for gaming. Do you plan on playing other PC games in the future? If so, you're better off getting a good computer. If not, you might be better off with a cheaper PC because 2K is not that demanding.

If you plan to get a desktop, just build it yourself since it's much cheaper than buying a pre-built PC, and you get to control exactly what you need/don't need. Bulding one isn't that hard either.

I do but only 2k to be honest with you... not interested in any other PC gaming besides that mostly
Old 11-06-2012, 11:43 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 2

I suggest this CPU. I'm not sure if quad-core processor is an overkill for 2K13 but it's really cheap so why not. (99 dollars)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16819103727

Graphics card. Maybe this one. This is much newer card than mine which I bought 3 years ago. This should last quite long time for 2K NBA series.
($135 after rebate)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814102908

This motherboard ($89 after rebate)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813128521

Hard drive ($85)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16822152185

The above parts has some good ratings and they are in really good price range.

and you will still need the following... the rest of the stuff below shouldn't cost as much as above items though.

-Memory (I believe you will only need 4GB for now. Add later if you must.)
-Power supply unit (make sure to check you get enough juice for your build before buying it. Won't be needing massive power though.)
-Case (Just cheap black one will do)
-Fans (probably 2~3, I suggest 1 air in-flow and 2 out-flow)
-Wireless network card (needed if your PC won't be near ethernet cable. Otherwise, motherboard has ethernet cable outlet built in already)
-CD rom/Blu-ray (Don't think you will need this if you get the game on Steam. *Buy it later if you really need to)

Can someone try to beat my recommendations with cheaper and quality parts that works for 2K13? I just went with similar hardware parts that I bought a while ago. I still play 2K13 with max setting so I think this is a good base to start.

23, Try to visit a local computer store and do a walk through with one of the clerk as if you are buying from them. This way, they can do compatibility check for parts you are getting quotes for. Also, who knows, they might try to beat online pricing.... or hmmm Black Friday is soon for US folks right?

Last edited by achieveduser; 11-06-2012 at 11:57 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2012, 11:40 AM   #16
yellow

23's Arena

This gonna cost an upward of 500 bucks?

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk 2

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »