Home

NBA2K13 FXAA Graphics Enhancer

This is a discussion on NBA2K13 FXAA Graphics Enhancer within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-09-2012, 04:17 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: NBA2K13 FXAA Graphics Enhancer

Installing DirectX solved my problem.

@MissionMaximus

What settings are you using? The standard settings modified the game colours in a way I didn't like...looked like a over-used filter on Photoshop.
Old 10-09-2012, 05:32 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 3

I just had to run the tool as Administrator. Solved my problem. Thanks for offering to upload another version, but I should be good!

If i use Vsync (whether in game or in driver software) and any sort of AA, the gameplay is choppy. Something really weird with the optimization of this game, as I can completely max the game with vsync off and get 120fps (the max).

With using FXAA, I'm able to turn on vsync and disable other forms of AA. Still tinkering with it, but I generally prefer max FXAA quality with little to no post sharpening. All of that technicolor and sepia filter stuff i never mess with.
Old 10-09-2012, 06:33 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pillendreher
Installing DirectX solved my problem.

@MissionMaximus

What settings are you using? The standard settings modified the game colours in a way I didn't like...looked like a over-used filter on Photoshop.
Yeah, it's because they have the sepia on. So leave it off uncheck it. I'll try to post soon what I have mine at. I disabled the technicolor because it did fade the red a little too much.
Old 10-09-2012, 06:43 PM   #20
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofa_king
Just wondering, what's the difference between using this tool and say, just switching it on in the NVIDIA/ATI Control Panel?

FYI the trade-off using FXAA instead of other AA options is that textures become blurry. Obviously it's case-to-case depending on the game. I've never used it but looking at these pictures made me interested and I did some research on some other AA options. When I grab 2k13, I will definitely be tinkering around with some settings as I was never a fan of any of the ENB or shadow mods. Not necessarily because it lowered performance/FPS, but just because it didn't really look that great.
Well the FXAA_Tool allows alot more control and options than just enabling in Nvidia Control Panel (which will just use the AA). With FXAA_Tool you have a lot more control and it's simple to adjust and play around with to get it were you like it.
Old 10-09-2012, 06:51 PM   #21
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockjaw333
I just had to run the tool as Administrator. Solved my problem. Thanks for offering to upload another version, but I should be good!

If i use Vsync (whether in game or in driver software) and any sort of AA, the gameplay is choppy. Something really weird with the optimization of this game, as I can completely max the game with vsync off and get 120fps (the max).

With using FXAA, I'm able to turn on vsync and disable other forms of AA. Still tinkering with it, but I generally prefer max FXAA quality with little to no post sharpening. All of that technicolor and sepia filter stuff i never mess with.
Yeah I noticed the choppiness myself and I have a very good Gaming PC. I get a lot better results when turning off in game AA and Vysnc. Then in Nvidia Control Panel using:
Antialiasing-Mode> Override any application setting
Antialiasing-Setting> SLI 8x
Antialiasing-Transparency> 8x (supersample)
Vertical sync- Adaptive

In the game benchmarks I get 20+ fps more and the choppiness is gone.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2012, 10:53 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 3

Its weird, in game vsync seems okay as long as no AA is used. If any combination of AA is used in conjunction with vsync, it stutters.

With vsync off I get the max locked 120fps with 8x AA, anisotropic filtering and some other goodies enable in CCC. However the screen tearing is annoying, and sometimes some of the animations don't seem quite right. Its like the animations look smoother at 60fps with vsync.

I enabled vsync and got the FXAA tool working. I prefer the maximum FXAA quality, minimum blur amount (1), and i disable all sharpening and color post processing. Other than the texture shimmering (inherent problem with post process AA like FXAA) it looks fantastic and is smooth as butter.

8x msaa undoubtably looks better, but it just doesn't jive with vsync with this game for some reason. I'm almost willing to use FXAA instead in order to have vsync locked at 60fps...the game just plays so smooth this way.
Old 10-10-2012, 06:43 PM   #23
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockjaw333
Its weird, in game vsync seems okay as long as no AA is used. If any combination of AA is used in conjunction with vsync, it stutters.

With vsync off I get the max locked 120fps with 8x AA, anisotropic filtering and some other goodies enable in CCC. However the screen tearing is annoying, and sometimes some of the animations don't seem quite right. Its like the animations look smoother at 60fps with vsync.

I enabled vsync and got the FXAA tool working. I prefer the maximum FXAA quality, minimum blur amount (1), and i disable all sharpening and color post processing. Other than the texture shimmering (inherent problem with post process AA like FXAA) it looks fantastic and is smooth as butter.

8x msaa undoubtably looks better, but it just doesn't jive with vsync with this game for some reason. I'm almost willing to use FXAA instead in order to have vsync locked at 60fps...the game just plays so smooth this way.
Glad to hear your enjoying it. They have other types Enb, SMAA, SweetFX but I just prefer FXAA over all of them. The tool is so easy and convenient to use and tweak to one's liking. Yeah it's weird with using in game AA and vysnc I still get high framerates but still get those hiccups.

Hey lockjaw just uploaded a 2nd version with technicolor disabled a little less sharpening and bloom disabled try it out if you like, see what you think. Here is the link http://forums.nba-live.com/viewtopic.php?f=149&t=88247
Old 10-10-2012, 07:01 PM   #24
Banned

Thought I would post some screens of a Version 2 of my FXAA settings for NBA2k13.

Without FXAA

With FXAA

Without FXAA

With FXAA

Without FXAA

With FXAA

Without FXAA

With FXAA

Without FXAA

With FXAA

Without FXAA

With FXAA