Home

NBA 2K12 PC Patch Available Now, Details Included

This is a discussion on NBA 2K12 PC Patch Available Now, Details Included within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-08-2012, 01:39 PM   #65
Pro

GOBLUE_08's Arena

OVR: 10
I downloaded the patch last night and installed it. I keep my game offline because, well, online is worthless. All my mods and everything are still intact, there is definitely a noticeable change in gameplay but I'm not getting the problems that other folks are seeing. So if you dont mind not being able to go online and you want to keep your mods just firewall it and everything seems to be fine. Just may have to tweak your sliders a bit
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2012, 02:19 PM   #66
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: NBA 2K12 PC Patch Available Now, Details Included

I haven't decided if I'm going to download the patch or not. I've been reading reviews since it was released and am still on the fence. I am getting great gameplay/sim-stats with my All-Star sliders and have also developed some really good Pro sliders for watching CPU games.

I have seen the list of fixes the patch contained, but from gameplay experience, can you guys tell me some reasons that I should download the patch?
Acts 2:38. Let the truth be told.
John 4:23. He is seeking a seeker.
John 3:20. Say no to normal.
Old 03-08-2012, 02:35 PM   #67
Pro

GOBLUE_08's Arena

OVR: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimm44
I haven't decided if I'm going to download the patch or not. I've been reading reviews since it was released and am still on the fence. I am getting great gameplay/sim-stats with my All-Star sliders and have also developed some really good Pro sliders for watching CPU games.

I have seen the list of fixes the patch contained, but from gameplay experience, can you guys tell me some reasons that I should download the patch?
Really the only reason I downloaded was to fix some of the nagging stuff the sliders can't fix. Trade logic, more efficient directional passing, things like that. I was otherwise having a ball with my franchise using Alby's rosters and sliders
Old 03-09-2012, 02:58 AM   #68
Pro

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBLUE_08
Really the only reason I downloaded was to fix some of the nagging stuff the sliders can't fix. Trade logic, more efficient directional passing, things like that. I was otherwise having a ball with my franchise using Alby's rosters and sliders
Same deal here as far as enjoying the game before but I haven't noticed any new weird bugs since downloading the patch. Passing seems a bit quicker and more logical (just saw KLove bounce pass to a cutter from the post).

I don't know if it's just me but passing improvements seem to not carry over to existing associations. Not a huge deal to me but I know that could suck for a lot of people. Maybe someone could confirm gameplay improvements applying to existing saves.

Long time coming but meh... still enjoying myself. It'll be interesting to see how 2k approaches the game next year though since it seems that there was a ton of negative feedback coming back at them for this years game.
Old 03-09-2012, 04:25 AM   #69
MVP

fearwhatnow's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipperfan811
Same deal here as far as enjoying the game before but I haven't noticed any new weird bugs since downloading the patch. Passing seems a bit quicker and more logical (just saw KLove bounce pass to a cutter from the post).

I don't know if it's just me but passing improvements seem to not carry over to existing associations. Not a huge deal to me but I know that could suck for a lot of people. Maybe someone could confirm gameplay improvements applying to existing saves.

Long time coming but meh... still enjoying myself. It'll be interesting to see how 2k approaches the game next year though since it seems that there was a ton of negative feedback coming back at them for this years game.
I started a new association too because changes didn't carry over my previous saves.The passing improvemets are huge.The movement both on D and offense is now spectacular.I'm using Albys roster now and game has reached levels of a pure 9+ out of 10.I don't get why there are so many negative reactions to this year's game.Let's hope 2k will rely on the constructive criticism of their customers and will not ruin the franchise with 2k13.Nba2k11 was great but with major flaws and Nba2k12 is surely an improvement.Build from here 2k.
Old 03-09-2012, 05:36 AM   #70
Pro

ffpp's Arena

OVR: 6

I will need to try a quick game, have only played an older save since the patch.

But what actually did carry over are
  • lower shooting percentages
  • no excessive jumping forward on on-ball steal attempts
  • defensive positioning of AI teammates and opponents
It sounds strange that some changes would not apply to older saves, as long as they're not tied to roster changes.
But I will try a quick match to validate this.
Old 03-09-2012, 07:42 PM   #71
Rookie

puttincomputers's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by fearwhatnow
I started a new association too because changes didn't carry over my previous saves.The passing improvemets are huge.The movement both on D and offense is now spectacular.I'm using Albys roster now and game has reached levels of a pure 9+ out of 10.I don't get why there are so many negative reactions to this year's game.Let's hope 2k will rely on the constructive criticism of their customers and will not ruin the franchise with 2k13.Nba2k11 was great but with major flaws and Nba2k12 is surely an improvement.Build from here 2k.
The patch DOES carryover to current associations. I can attest to that!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2012, 09:36 PM   #72
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by puttincomputers
Someone has reported on NLSC that Rookies now have Zebra stripes on the arms. However there is a mod that fixes this and it has been out for a long time! http://forums.nba-live.com/downloads...ail&df_id=2219

this mod didn't do anything for me
after applying, rookie arms are still striped. anyone else having the same problem?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »