Home

PC patch with QA!! -per Ronnie2k!

This is a discussion on PC patch with QA!! -per Ronnie2k! within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience
Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2012, 12:16 AM   #33
Lie,cheat,steal,kill: Win

trobinson97's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: PC patch with QA!! -per Ronnie2k!

Quote:
Originally Posted by westwood
i would actually doubt that. i think most people who buy it do so because they don't care about online and prefer the mods and better graphics the pc offers. i have several friends in that boat atleast. i also own both the 360 and a ps3 but the pc is just a superior platform.

Yep, that's me.

SteamID - Depotboy

...2009, 2011, 2012, 2015, 2017, 2020....
What a run
Roll Tide

Old 02-19-2012, 04:23 AM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by westwood
i would actually doubt that. i think most people who buy it do so because they don't care about online and prefer the mods and better graphics the pc offers. i have several friends in that boat atleast. i also own both the 360 and a ps3 but the pc is just a superior platform.
spot on! The PC version is superior in key areas: frame rate and input latency (running at 60 fps instead of 30), resolution (1080p instead of 720p), load times (huge difference), mods (courts, players etc. etc.). I own nba 2k11 for PS3 and 2k12 for PC (with xbox 360 gamepad).
Old 02-19-2012, 05:22 AM   #35
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by thuglife74
i'm curious - if you have an xbox, why bother why a pc version of 2k12? my guess is most of us who do have the pc version don't own a console.
I own an X360 too. But it's pretty obvious man. MODS.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2012, 06:25 AM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quite opposite in my case. All I and my friends in community care is online. Not the quick games or crew games, but leagues and association mode with managers. No AI opponent in the world is capable of imitating a real basketball game as live opponent. I consider myself lucky that I am a member of great community of basketball lovers who knows the game. So we don't have cheesers and we dont allow cheese game.

Last year in 2k11 we had a great at think 6 seasons of our league as we started with 20+ dedicated members. In first season we organized fantasy draft and then we simulate regular league with trades, salary cups, restriction... everything. 2k11 was superb game in every aspect. It had minor flaws (unable to save custom playbooks, signing free agents, lead pass to paint after pnr cheese, spind dunk cheese, defender movements) which will be dealt, we expected, in 2k12. Also we were very exciting when we heard news about Online Association. It seems that our dream come true.

But then reality check had come. First of all and the biggest issue -> PERFORMANCE BENCHMARK bug in Online Association. This is totally unacceptable, because we cant play online games in Association -> we cant play game with 15 fps!

The second complaint lays in the same things which were flawed in 2k11 and they are still issue in 2k12: (unable to save custom playbooks, coach settings, camera settings (this was ok in 2k11)).

The third complaint lays in things which were good in 2k11 but due to unknown reasons were broken in 2k12. They are:
- bad defense logic of your teammates (defense switch when opponent had ball in his hand...). I am not going into double teams
- speed atribute is not relevant
- p'n'r game is broken
- passing game is broken (you even managed to slow down icon pass)
- every player (even post players) can perform Kobe/CP3/Wade style of iso moves without any penalty
- leagues are removed (even regular ones)
- we are stuck with broken Online Association (which has its own logic of schedule progression and game simulation)
- canned animations are more frequent and worse than in 2k11.
- calling game play in team playbook...

So we have some suggestions for 2k13 (yes... we gave up 2k12 and we stayed with 2k11):
- FIX ONLINE GAME
- allow users to have regular leagues (with fantasy draft)
- fix the damn Online Association in which allow users to have: custom playbooks, custom coach settings, custom sliders, custom camera and if you have enough time even allow different mods to be used when played online
- get rid of automatic schedule advances and give that power to league commisionares
- fix skate movement of player in defense
- get rid of auto contest shot animation in defense
- fix the passing game with introduction of button pressed passes (1xbutton -> normal chest pass, 2x button press -> bounce pass, 3xbutton press -> lob) or even introduce 2-3 buttons for different style passes. You can look how to implement passes in FIFA 2012 which has 3 buttons for pass. One for short pass, one for lob and one for thorough. -> GIVE CONTROL BACK TO USER
- fix P'N'R game
- fix isomoves
- fix reach-in steal cheese
- punish reach-in steals and shot contest moves. If defender goes for steal or jumps on pump fake it should take time to recover.
- get rid of automatic post-up mode. If player wants to enter post-up mode, then it must order to enter post-up mode.
- if possibile, bring back post controls from 2k11.

I'd like to finish my post with some positive aspects in 2k12 which I in my opinion should stay in future iterations think:
- on-ball defense is in 2k12 better implemented than in 2k11 -> get rid of ice skating and it will be OK
- pull up jumper
- executing offensive plays (multiple branches)
- Player defense settings on how to handle screens, off-ball setting, on-ball setting

Regards,
svit
Old 02-19-2012, 03:59 PM   #37
MVP

geisterhome's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by thuglife74
i'm curious - if you have an xbox, why bother why a pc version of 2k12? my guess is most of us who do have the pc version don't own a console.
well my reasons are first of all the possibility of modding (love stuff like original dornas, improved faces etc..); then the better graphics, and they are way superior to the xbox 360 version even without any mods (in fact i downloaded the xbox demo sometime ago and i was shocked how much worse it looks...) and finally also the cheaper price plays some kind of role in my decision for the pc version.
actually for my xbox i mostly buy console exclusive titles the rest all for pc. and i just own a (pretty new) middle class lap top still i can run nba 2k12 on max settings and in fullhd w/ 2x aa at around 60 fps. so considering all that ill never buy the console version. im wondering why not more ppl are doing the same, since you dont need killer hardware anymore to run games with better graphics than a xbox or ps3 ever could.
Old 02-21-2012, 07:08 PM   #38
MVP

tcnumba10's Arena

OVR: 11

so how long has it been in QA for...
Old 02-22-2012, 01:11 PM   #39
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

Putting the console version aside and I'm grabbing the PC version on Friday so hopefully it is out by then. Still amazing that these games get programmed on a PC and most developers hit PC with patches before console but 2K... nope.
Old 02-22-2012, 01:25 PM   #40
Rookie

westwood's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altimus
Putting the console version aside and I'm grabbing the PC version on Friday so hopefully it is out by then. Still amazing that these games get programmed on a PC and most developers hit PC with patches before console but 2K... nope.
its because they have to go through sony and MS for the consoles ontop of paying them and all the other garbage. 2k just flat doesnt give a **** about the pc. its still a vastly superior game to the console version if online isnt your focus though. and better then them dicking it up like they did with the ps3.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »