Home

Rookies have cyberfaces everywhere except in my Association

This is a discussion on Rookies have cyberfaces everywhere except in my Association within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 01-16-2012, 07:35 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Rookies have cyberfaces everywhere except in my Association

First year with 2K on PC, thanks to my newly-built rig and Amazon's awesome holiday sale on 2K12. I've been having a ball with all the mods available so far like the crystal clear mod, the TNT overlay mod, real dornas and tons of cyberfaces. I encountered an issue today, though. I noticed that my newly-added rookie cyberfaces show up from my manage roster screen from the main menu, but when I loaded up my in-progress Association I noticed all the rookies no longer had their cyberface. All the veteran NBA players I've added new cyberfaces to showcase the new cyberface just fine. I'm thinking this must have to do with the rookies being created players since I used slimm44's roster file. The weirdest part is how they show up outside of Association, so I know I matched up their id #'s correctly when patching in their faces. Is there any way to get the rookies in my Association to recognize their cyberface? Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2012, 10:54 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: Rookies have cyberfaces everywhere except in my Association

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLooseCannon
First year with 2K on PC, thanks to my newly-built rig and Amazon's awesome holiday sale on 2K12. I've been having a ball with all the mods available so far like the crystal clear mod, the TNT overlay mod, real dornas and tons of cyberfaces. I encountered an issue today, though. I noticed that my newly-added rookie cyberfaces show up from my manage roster screen from the main menu, but when I loaded up my in-progress Association I noticed all the rookies no longer had their cyberface. All the veteran NBA players I've added new cyberfaces to showcase the new cyberface just fine. I'm thinking this must have to do with the rookies being created players since I used slimm44's roster file. The weirdest part is how they show up outside of Association, so I know I matched up their id #'s correctly when patching in their faces. Is there any way to get the rookies in my Association to recognize their cyberface? Thanks!
Weird. I haven't had that problem. Try the newest roster file.
Acts 2:38. Let the truth be told.
John 4:23. He is seeking a seeker.
John 3:20. Say no to normal.
Old 01-16-2012, 06:02 PM   #3
Rookie

I would have to start my Association over again, though, wouldn't I?
Old 01-16-2012, 06:31 PM   #4
MVP

Quote:
I would have to start my Association over again, though, wouldn't I?
Yes you would.
Old 01-16-2012, 10:56 PM   #5
Rookie

That's unfortunate. Isn't there any way to edit the rookies in my Association with a cyberface manager tool? Seeing as how the vet's updated cyberfaces showed up that must mean the rookies must has an associated file I can edit, right? Seeing as the rookies in exhibition and whatnot with the loaded roster file have the correct cyberface applied, do created players get assigned a secondary file when you start up an Association?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2012, 12:06 AM   #6
MVP

Quote:
That's unfortunate. Isn't there any way to edit the rookies in my Association with a cyberface manager tool? Seeing as how the vet's updated cyberfaces showed up that must mean the rookies must has an associated file I can edit, right? Seeing as the rookies in exhibition and whatnot with the loaded roster file have the correct cyberface applied, do created players get assigned a secondary file when you start up an Association?
That's not how it's worked in the past, but I don't have the capability to load an Association file in REDitor to see. I doubt they would've changed the structure of how cyberfaces and/or portraits are read between file types.

That being said, you are probably right in guessing that you could use some sort of cyberface manager. When I answered before, I was thinking strictly about REDitor as that's all I use to edit. Maybe try NLSC or Moddingway to see if such a tool exists.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »