Home

Worth getting before patch? (2k12)

This is a discussion on Worth getting before patch? (2k12) within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 01-03-2012, 01:55 AM   #9
Pro

OVR: 12
Re: Worth getting before patch? (2k12)

I picked up the game for the 360 when it was released and was pretty dissapointed with it to be honest. I don't know if it was frustration over the lockout or legit gameplay gripes (mainly passing). Well my xbox RROD'd on me and my laptop died all in the same week. I decided to just build a gaming computer instead of replacing both fallen friends.

I picked up 2k12 for the pc for $20 off of amazon and installed a few mods (no gameplay mods just graphical stuff). Let's just say my gripes have disappeared and I strongly feel this game is the most accurate representation of virtual NBA basketball to date.

The game runs and looks much better on my pc than it did on the xbox so I guess it totally depends on your rig. I hear some people complaining that it runs poorly but if your pc is up to the task I can't see you being disappointed.

My specs are in my sig.
Old 01-04-2012, 12:53 AM   #10
Banned

Court_vision's Arena

OVR: 25

I have it on the pc and 360. The game is much better after the patch. Fastbreaks and passing are much improved. No word yet as to whether the pc will get patched though.
Old 01-05-2012, 11:59 PM   #11
Pro

torpidbeaver's Arena

OVR: 2

I'll put it this way: the pc version was good enough that it made me buy the PS3 version, because 2K supports the console versions.

I'm trying to look at it like the money I spent on the much much inferior pc version was like a "rental," or a "demo," and now I'm Playing the real full patched version. But the fact that I threw away money for a game I won't Play because the studio won't patch it to make it more playable pisses me off quite a bit.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2012, 12:18 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 1

When it works, its a terrific game. I'd say, if you can get a good deal for it, snag it because traditionally 2k does patch the PC version around Feb/March

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »