Home

Official PC Patch?

This is a discussion on Official PC Patch? within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 11-09-2011, 06:57 AM   #1
MVP

tcnumba10's Arena

OVR: 11
Official PC Patch?

I just think it's a shame that the PC community gets the shaft when it comes to getting official patches from 2K. Is there a reason why the PC community have to wait a longer period of time to get these updates?

I just want to raise the awareness on this issue since it's been happening when 2K9 first came out and nothing has been done to quicken the process. It's really disappointed and frustrating b/c we spend money on a product and expect the best although it's not the full $60 PS3/360 users pay but money is money and I believe we should all be treated fairly.

There hasn't been any official word/reason from any 2K reps that explains why PC patches are always late. I wish they would come out and explain it!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2011, 09:51 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Official PC Patch?

Yes, I agree. If something doesn't happen soon (Official patch, fix online etc.) then this is the last time I will buy an nba 2k game for PC (And possibly the last nba 2k game, that is if nba elite will be good).
Old 11-09-2011, 04:18 PM   #3
Rookie

se7six's Arena

OVR: 4

I have no idea exactly when a new patch will be released for the Windows version but I'm guessing around January or February is when we will see the first patch. I hope I'm wrong but that's what I'm expecting.

got tomato?

YouTube
Moddingway

† Ecclesiastes 12:13-14 KJB †
Old 12-14-2011, 06:57 AM   #4
MVP

tcnumba10's Arena

I made a thread on the main forum, hopefully it doesn't get moved to the PC forum since I doubt 2K developers ever come here.

Patch 1.04 is out for Xbox and PS3, yet we still haven't gotten anything! (not even 1.03)

Other games like Skyrim have their patches pushed out at the same time for PC, Xbox, PS3, so why can't 2K Sports do that too??

Really frustrating, I'm getting really angry with the lack of PC support. I rather them charge me the same price as the Xbox/PS3 games is and get the patches the same time as them...

Seriously the lack of PC Support is really giving me second thoughts on purchasing future NBA 2K games for the PC now...
Old 12-14-2011, 07:05 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcnumba10
I made a thread on the main forum, hopefully it doesn't get moved to the PC forum since I doubt 2K developers ever come here.

Patch 1.04 is out for Xbox and PS3, yet we still haven't gotten anything! (not even 1.03)

Other games like Skyrim have their patches pushed out at the same time for PC, Xbox, PS3, so why can't 2K Sports do that too??

Really frustrating, I'm getting really angry with the lack of PC support. I rather them charge me the same price as the Xbox/PS3 games is and get the patches the same time as them...

Seriously the lack of PC Support is really giving me second thoughts on purchasing future NBA 2K games for the PC now...
+1

However, lets hope that there is a bright side out of it. The pc patch when eventually be available, will probably be a combined patch, addressing all the hardcore issues. For example, after 4 patches for the consoles, the team stats bug is STILL THERE.
So lets hope, the pc patch will eventually be THE REAL PATCH.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2011, 08:57 AM   #6
MVP

tcnumba10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by illusiondrmr
+1

However, lets hope that there is a bright side out of it. The pc patch when eventually be available, will probably be a combined patch, addressing all the hardcore issues. For example, after 4 patches for the consoles, the team stats bug is STILL THERE.
So lets hope, the pc patch will eventually be THE REAL PATCH.
They said the "pc patch" will be a combined of 1.03 + 1.04... next thing you will know is that they will say that the pc patch will get delayed even further because they are planning on releasing another patch, 1.05 for xbox/ps3 users and that the PC users will have to wait so it will be all combined, 1.03 + 1.04 + 1.05 lol. This is so ridiculous and frustrating. It seems that they (2K SPORTS) don't give a damn about PC users while other developers for other games treat all consoles equally.
Old 12-14-2011, 03:42 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcnumba10

One example does not qualify "Other games."

Plenty of developers have done the same, year after year with franchise after franchise...Hell, we get patches to take portions of our game out. PC support has been the same for the better part of the last ten years, EA, Ubisoft, Activision...It doesn't matter, all of them in one way or another screwed us over, some even released "patches" that broke the game.
Old 12-14-2011, 08:50 PM   #8
MVP

tcnumba10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdicalSon44
One example does not qualify "Other games."

Plenty of developers have done the same, year after year with franchise after franchise...Hell, we get patches to take portions of our game out. PC support has been the same for the better part of the last ten years, EA, Ubisoft, Activision...It doesn't matter, all of them in one way or another screwed us over, some even released "patches" that broke the game.
Other games = Fifa 12 too. Patches for fifa come out roughly the same time and it's a sports game across all platforms...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »