Home

Odd Framerate Issue?

This is a discussion on Odd Framerate Issue? within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-18-2011, 12:09 AM   #25
Hall Of Fame

aloncho11's Arena

OVR: 61
Re: Odd Framerate Issue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
I just went and downloaded some new drivers and a new version of Catalyst Control Center... set the anti-aliasing to 8x in the CCC dashboard, and Triple Buffering. Started the game, removed the in game AA... and man... I thought the game looked better before. The way the videocard detects edges and smooths... just absolutely beautiful. No more stuttering, no tearing, no jaggies at all.

Worked perfect for me too. Thanks for the tips! The game is smooth like never before.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2011, 09:38 AM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by art15t
(Sigh) I hope someone comes up with a solution for this. 2k is notorious for not releasing patches quickly... especially for pc. I'm really tempted to buy the 360 and wait it out for the pc patch just so I can play without getting annoyed about the choppiness (the game is that good). If anyone else runs into this issue, please post it in this thread - I have a hard time believing there's only a few of us having this issue.
Nah, I did this with 2k10 because they were so slow to put out a patch for the PC. Not doing it with this one. If they don't get off their lazy arses and fix the problems that are becoming gamebreaking (i.e. crashes and slow downs and just screwed up gameplay at times), I will be one of many who completely shuts it down. I haven't played NBA Live/Elite for about five years now due to EA's lackluster commitment to their game. It will be no problem for me to do the same with 2K if they don't get their act together this year with making good on patching this soon. I can use my thirty bucks on something I know will work, like underwear!!!!
Old 03-02-2012, 08:26 AM   #27
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

Glad I found this thread as I was having the same issues. It would run 120FPS with vsync turned off but we all know the issues with that. 60FPS with it on but the stuttering issues would be there. Found this thread and turned all AA off and put textures to low in-game. Went to the Nvidia control panel and put AA at 32 and rest AA features at highest setting, textures high and ran quick test run and boom, no issues.

With in-game settings on highest points I would get a high FPS in the benchmarks but the on screen game play would stutter badly. With it this way the FPS dropped in the benchmark but the gameplay was very smooth in 2K's benchmark demo which never was previously.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »