Home

NBA 2k12 PC Impressions.

This is a discussion on NBA 2k12 PC Impressions. within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-10-2011, 02:00 AM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: NBA 2k12 PC Impressions.

I think the game is great. It's my first upgrade since 2K9 and it looks like this come has come a long way. Great job 2K !

I love to play in coach mode, and call the plays. I'm more of a GM kinda guy than a player. One problem i have encountered is the game won't begin in Coach mode after i go into a game althought it's saved everywhere as Coach mode "ON"

Other settings not saving are the music that i keep at 10. There must be a way to save this settting outside of the association, playoffs etc. i know i've tried but they don't stick which is a bummer, but not a game killer.

The historical teams are a blast. I set up an elite Playoff bracket and the '86 Celtics won it all sweeping the '86 Bulls and Dr J's sixers , before knocking out Shaq's '95 Magic in 6, and winning it all in 5 over the '71 Milwaukee squad.

Love it 10+
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2011, 10:15 AM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 0
Angry Re: NBA 2k12 PC Impressions.

don't get me wrong, gamepay offline is awesome and it's a lot of fun playing against my buddies. but that's pretty much it. other than that the pc version is just horrific and to be honest, i already regret that i spent 30 bucks on it.
it's not just that you can't get any sort of online game going (online asso not working AT ALL for pc, pc-users can't add friends, quick games are a mess), no , even the so praised offline modes like myplayer and association are so far off from an actual nba experience it's not even funny anymore.
right now i have a very hard time motivating myself for this game. not to mention about 60 people in my online league community who don't even bother to buy this game because they took out normal online leagues (WHY? GOD WHY?) and lobbies.

i can't speak of the console versions of the game but right now, this game is nowhere near finished and i would recommend nobody to buy this game. it's just not fun at all. even if you are more into offline gaming.

i play simulated basketball now for about 11 years, but not once in those 11 years i was so disappointed like i am this year.

i would love to write something more positive about the game, but that's just how i see it.
Old 10-11-2011, 11:00 AM   #43
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

You're coming across as borderline trolling right now.

Quote:
don't get me wrong, gamepay offline is awesome and it's a lot of fun playing against my buddies.
Then:

Quote:
it's just not fun at all. even if you are more into offline gaming.
This contradicts everything that you've written... the gameplay is awesome and a lot of fun... yet it's not fun at all even if you are more into offline gaming, which coincidentally you have said is the most fun part.

If you have an agenda against the game, drop it here with this one post and move along.
Old 10-11-2011, 11:43 AM   #44
MVP

myownsun's Arena

OVR: 15

I guess everyone is entitled to their own opinion but I don't understand how people are not enjoying this game?
Old 10-11-2011, 01:01 PM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 25

How is My Player? any crashes that prevent you from moving on? the trade glitch? the post finals freeze?
Fav NFL team: Giants
Fav NBA player: Dwyane Wade
Fav NFL player: Victor(y) Cruz
New York Giants Superbowl XLVI CHAMPIONS!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2011, 02:21 AM   #46
Glory to the Brave!

Guffers's Arena

OVR: 16

I'm finally enjoying this game because I've realised that you have to control whichever defender is guarding the ball. In past years I always enjoyed just sticking with one player on defense and letting the AI guard everybody else. Now if you try that the CPU will shoot 50% or more each game and absolutely scorch you from deep.

Now that I'm always manually guarding the ballhandler the game has come to life for me. I might even move up from Pro difficulty eventually!

I'm very relieved that I've discovered my issue with the game and what a suprise it turned out to be user error all along.
Old 10-12-2011, 04:25 AM   #47
Banned

OVR: 6

Need help on shots in the paint
Tips/advice?

Whenever I get into the paint wide open, my player would gather, take 1 step/turn around/makes complicated moves making the defenders catch up and i end up getting blocked, smothered by defenders

The game does a poor job recognizing which side of the paint is wide open, and when i try to do it manually, ie. if i see the left side open, i try to do a lefty layup by holding the right stick to the left, my player still does a slow move and do a layup to the side where the defenders are

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »