Home

What is THE best NBA game for PC today?

This is a discussion on What is THE best NBA game for PC today? within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-13-2023, 09:46 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 12
What is THE best NBA game for PC today?

I haven't been real happy with how NBA games control the past decade or more. I feel like I don't have control over my player anymore. The responsiveness is lacking in favor of realistic looking animations.

I haven't tried them all though. So even with mods, what would be the most enjoyable game to play today?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2023, 11:23 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: What is THE best NBA game for PC today?

Sorry to reply with a question but this "what is the best" comes up often and we need some indication of what "best" means to you. Otherwise you're just going to predominantly get what everyone's favourite is. You'll probably still get that anyway. On the court only? User friendly controls? Fun? Best for season mode? Best for modding? You won't find everything in any one game. Again, someone else will say I'm wrong. (you see why it's sort of hard to answer?).

I would say confidently that very few people who have been playing this series as long as I have would argue that I'm wrong by saying that 2K14 on PC with or without mods is the best experience on the court, for interface, and for controls. There are a couple of others and each has their little niggles, but are essentially the same. But I would say the most complete package is 2K14, aside from any personal opinion.
Old 12-14-2023, 09:12 PM   #3
MVP

Player lock. Gameplay. AI. Controls.

Presentation as a secondary.
Old 12-23-2023, 02:39 PM   #4
Cod
MVP

Cod's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinpanalley
I would say confidently that very few people who have been playing this series as long as I have would argue that I'm wrong by saying that 2K14 on PC with or without mods is the best experience on the court, for interface, and for controls. There are a couple of others and each has their little niggles, but are essentially the same. But I would say the most complete package is 2K14, aside from any personal opinion.
The mods are what keep me going back to 2k14 on PC. From the graphical mods to rosters, the game can be whatever you want it to be. And as you've described, the on-court gameplay is phenomenal.
Old 12-24-2023, 05:35 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

NBA 2K23 PC with my PCBasket 2K24 Roster: https://www.shuajota.com/2023/10/pcb...ba-roster.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2023, 01:30 AM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cod
The mods are what keep me going back to 2k14 on PC. From the graphical mods to rosters, the game can be whatever you want it to be. And as you've described, the on-court gameplay is phenomenal.
The ability to customize everything, from graphics to rosters, allows players to tailor the game to their preferences. It's impressive how the community keeps the game alive and evolving, showcasing the versatility of NBA 2K14 beyond its original release. And you're spot on—the on-court gameplay remains phenomenal, making it a timeless favorite for many.
Old 12-27-2023, 02:32 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickden
The ability to customize everything, from graphics to rosters, allows players to tailor the game to their preferences. It's impressive how the community keeps the game alive and evolving, showcasing the versatility of NBA 2K14 beyond its original release. And you're spot on—the on-court gameplay remains phenomenal, making it a timeless favorite for many.
yes, totally agree.
i dont know why, but nba 2k14 is the greatest release ever
Old 01-01-2024, 09:22 PM   #8
MVP

What mods and slider settings should I use for 2k14?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »