Home

Best Way to get CPU to Feed the Post

This is a discussion on Best Way to get CPU to Feed the Post within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-21-2014, 10:28 AM   #1
MVP

cch99's Arena

OVR: 9
Best Way to get CPU to Feed the Post

What do people think is the best way to get the CPU to get the ball into the Post ?

It seems like this game is so Point Guard driven and I rarely play games where guys get the ball on the block and take it at me.

Will just sliders do the trick or is it a combination of multiple things you can do ?

Or is it basically that's how the game is and there isn't much you can do about it ?

Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-21-2014, 10:40 AM   #2
Rookie

Sports Operator's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Best Way to get CPU to Feed the Post

It's def sliders man. Tendencies is the most important for what you are looking for. I suggest looking at a few slider sets on the site, if you don't find a whole set that suits your style, you will at least be able to work out more post passing from the CPU. Hope it helps man.
Old 02-21-2014, 12:02 PM   #3
MVP

cch99's Arena

Thanks. Does anyone know if someone has made like a custom, team by team, slider tendencies spreadsheet ?

I know it would take a decent amount of work and you would have to know the teams pretty well but I am just curious if there is something like that out there ?

Thanks.

Last edited by cch99; 02-21-2014 at 12:23 PM.
Old 02-21-2014, 06:48 PM   #4
Just started!

OVR: 0

I didn't feel like it was a problem playing with current teams because the league is PG-driven and PFs and Cs are used in pick-and-rolls a lot more than in the post. I've been working on a 95-96 roster (stay tuned!) and when playing with/against legendary centers like Shaq and Dream as well as second-tier post players like Spoon and Vin Baker, I was finding that they weren't getting nearly enough touches in the post. What I did was to raise the "Look For Post Players" tendency slider as well as the coach profile of the same name above 50 for most teams. Also, check the playbooks, which tend to favor pick-and-rolls over post plays. Pick-and-roll plays also are double-counted because each play is assigned to the ball handler (P&R Ball Handler play set) and to the man setting the pick (P&R Roll Man). Before the changes I listed, the 96 76ers were held hostage on offense by Vernon Maxwell. Now the play distribution involves a lot more Spoon-feeding.
Old 02-22-2014, 02:16 PM   #5
MVP

lisinas's Arena

I somewhat agree with post above me , but the thing is certain teams just feed their big man in the post , lets say Al Jeferson , guy is taking 20-30 shots a game and i played 2 back to back games in my association just now , he took 6shots in first game 9 in second game and thats just unrealistic and the thing is game slider tendencies wont fix it because it applies to all teams , so you need team tendencies and thats a lot of work to do .
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2014, 07:17 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisinas
I somewhat agree with post above me , but the thing is certain teams just feed their big man in the post , lets say Al Jeferson , guy is taking 20-30 shots a game and i played 2 back to back games in my association just now , he took 6shots in first game 9 in second game and thats just unrealistic and the thing is game slider tendencies wont fix it because it applies to all teams , so you need team tendencies and thats a lot of work to do .
Sounds like the 2k game developers job to me not the users.
Old 02-24-2014, 01:23 PM   #7
MVP

lisinas's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by voicingpuma9060
Sounds like the 2k game developers job to me not the users.
exactly .
Old 02-24-2014, 09:04 PM   #8
Just started!

OVR: 0

you will at least be able to work out more post passing from the CPU. Hope it helps man.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »