Home

Is there a kryptonite vs the dreaded WIDE OPEN shot Brick?

This is a discussion on Is there a kryptonite vs the dreaded WIDE OPEN shot Brick? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-05-2013, 02:10 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 12
Is there a kryptonite vs the dreaded WIDE OPEN shot Brick?

Do I have to have some special signature skill to make a WIDE OPEN jumper? Fffs. It's like taking a shot with the guy 2 ft away = a better shot. So annoying. Way to PUNISH the OPEN shot. That's great basketball logic... Don't even get me started on the comeback logic..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2013, 05:16 AM   #2
Banned

Re: Is there a kryptonite vs the dreaded WIDE OPEN shot Brick?

this game is fundamentally flawed until it rewards open shots and punishes contested shots. it's like opposite basketball. a shot with a defender 5 ft away is better than a shot with a defender 20 ft away. where is the basketball logic in that????? when you are REWARDING bad basketball and punishing good basketball it throws the whole entire strategy out of wack. Why work for an open shot if it is actually worse basketball (in 2K14's world).

My advice, if you're making a new my player, no need to create a shooter. It's a waste of time. You can have perfect release, have the nearest defender pickin his butt under the hoop, and have every shooter signature skill, it's not going to matter if the nba 2k gods have decided you're not making that shot because it has to adhere to some predetermined shot percentage to make the stats appear realistic. We should be controlling the success rate instead of some predetermined number of misses.

Last edited by Ramboooo; 12-06-2013 at 05:24 AM.
Old 12-06-2013, 08:54 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

No one makes every shot, wide open shots aren't always supposed to go in. Ray Allen misses plenty of open shots and he's considered one of the better shooters in the league.

Shot success is user determined, if you get a perfect release it has a better chance of going it. I wouldn't want perfect shots to always go in, otherwise people would be jackin 3's with people who have no business out there
Old 12-07-2013, 01:07 AM   #4
Rookie

Jay62107's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajonRondo9Celtics
No one makes every shot, wide open shots aren't always supposed to go in. Ray Allen misses plenty of open shots and he's considered one of the better shooters in the league.

Shot success is user determined, if you get a perfect release it has a better chance of going it. I wouldn't want perfect shots to always go in, otherwise people would be jackin 3's with people who have no business out there
That's not the point. The point is if you have a shooter with multiple shooting signature skills even if you get a perfect release you never know if the shot is going in. I've never been a great 3pt shooter on 2K games but I've always had a great mid range game, and this year even when I have a open shot I start questioning whether I'm going to make it before I even start my shot.
Old 12-07-2013, 04:17 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajonRondo9Celtics

That's not the point, no one claims that ALL open shots or even most of them have to go in, what's annoying, unrealistic and illogical is the way the game handles shots- you will make the same % of shots whether they're contested or not, you can miss 4-5 A+ (perfect release/perfect range/no contest) in a row but then make a bunch of C+ shots and the same goes for AI/CPU.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2013, 05:02 PM   #6
Rookie

QB1N's Arena

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/10...3-set-nba-mark

Anyone feel like justifying Korver missing wide open shots to the tune of 0-4 multiple games ?

Lets see now...

I call a play.
Korver gets wide open.
I pass to Korver. He shoots A+ all green.
This happens 4 times throughout the game.
Every shot results in a brick with the exception of the 3rd which is an airball.

Situations like this make me question whether or not the developers even keep up with players real life shooting consistencies...

Ill be the first to admit that even the best shooters miss wide open shots, but the ratio of contested makes over wide open shots for the totality of players in the game is skewed horribly. Ive had games where someone pulls in my face repeatedly and cashs C or below quality shots. But when I call plays or freestyle PnPs or PnRs into passes for wide open looks I come up empty more times than the contested player.

Now anyone that watches basketball enough knows that certain players shoot better when their shots are CONTESTED, however this is a very small number, and this is why these players are considered stars because they can create something out of nothing. These are obviously the Kobes, Melos, Durants, etc... But to have scrubs doing this in 2k is disrespectful to the strategy and fundamental aspects of basketball because it basically makes it ok for people to pick up 2k and not know a thing about basketball and outplay someone who is a basketball guru. This should not be the case. People have to learn how to get good shots, not get bailed out consistently.
Old 12-19-2013, 10:18 AM   #7
Banned

everytime I use my SG instead of my big man on blacktop I feel like smashing the effn disk. god forbid I take an outside shot. holy crap this game is programmed so random with which shots it wants you to make and which ones it doesn't. combine that with comeback logic and it's a free for all as far as what is a quality shot and what isn't.

REWARD THE OPEN SHOT, PUNISH THE CONTESTED SHOT!! It's not effn rocket science. Getting this simple black and white thing wrong throws the entire game out of wack.

patch!
Old 12-19-2013, 02:00 PM   #8
Rookie

consistency 65

mid 52
3pt 37

jumpshot defense release fixes it

Check out my gaming pages (basically rec highlights)

https://www.tiktok.com/@ghostdenidag...Iqia5BLDy&_r=1

https://youtube.com/@Ghostdenidagawd

6'9 3-level scorer 2k23

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »