Home

Player will not respond to Jump/Rebound Button (MyCareer/PLayerLock)

This is a discussion on Player will not respond to Jump/Rebound Button (MyCareer/PLayerLock) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-29-2013, 08:34 PM   #1
Pro

skeenz's Arena

OVR: 4
Player will not respond to Jump/Rebound Button (MyCareer/PLayerLock)

FIrst off, I'm sorry if there has already been a thread/post on this subject, I searched and could not find one.

I am having a very difficult time in MyCareer mode getting my player to jump when the Y Button (I'm on 360) is pressed to try to get a rebound. It doesn't matter my positioning, whether or not I'm engaged in a boxout, etc, it seems that more often than not my player will just decide not to jump at all and allow an offensive rebound. And this is with the "Tenacious Rebounder" sig skill and very high rebounding ratings. I've also noticed this issue in other game modes if you are player-locked. The interesting thing is, I haven't had this issue at all when not player-locked, and the button works as its intended to and how it has in the past. If anyone has had a similar issue or has a fix that would be very helpful, and for a Center in MyCareer its an absolute mode-killer.

NFL: Tennessee Titans
NBA: Toronto Raptors
MLB: Cincinatti Reds
NCAA: Who Else?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2013, 10:42 PM   #2
Rookie

psyberkayos's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Player will not respond to Jump/Rebound Button (MyCareer/PLayerLock)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeenz
FIrst off, I'm sorry if there has already been a thread/post on this subject, I searched and could not find one.

I am having a very difficult time in MyCareer mode getting my player to jump when the Y Button (I'm on 360) is pressed to try to get a rebound. It doesn't matter my positioning, whether or not I'm engaged in a boxout, etc, it seems that more often than not my player will just decide not to jump at all and allow an offensive rebound. And this is with the "Tenacious Rebounder" sig skill and very high rebounding ratings. I've also noticed this issue in other game modes if you are player-locked. The interesting thing is, I haven't had this issue at all when not player-locked, and the button works as its intended to and how it has in the past. If anyone has had a similar issue or has a fix that would be very helpful, and for a Center in MyCareer its an absolute mode-killer.

Agreed wholeheartedly.

I mostly play MyCareer and MyPlayer Blacktop, and that issue is definitely ever-present on both.

If it's my player responding 5 seconds later after I pressed the button (or not responding at all sometimes), it's getting a poor animation that makes no sense given where the ball is coming from...

Makes rebounding wholly frustrating as a PF.
Old 10-29-2013, 11:36 PM   #3
Pro

skeenz's Arena

well, at least I'm glad I'm not the only one. But I agree, it makes being a post player so frustrating

Old 10-30-2013, 12:29 AM   #4
Rookie

Yeah I noticed this too. Another issue I've experienced along with other players is pressing the Rebound button coming off of a Block or Block attempt results in your player jumping as if he's trying to Block again instead of Rebound.
Old 10-30-2013, 02:15 AM   #5
Training Camp Warrior

RustyRocket56's Arena

OVR: 5

Happens to me way too often. I have max rebounding, vertical, strength, Offensive and defensive awareness and level 3 tenacious rebounder sig, still my player never jumps or jumps too late or jumps in entirely different direction. more often than not after a missed free throw and the ball coming right at me with opponent boxed out, it goes right through my hands hits me in the head and rolls out. Frustrating, other than rebounding and teammates sagging off way too much on 3 point shooters, playing as bigman in mycareer has been a pleasant experience. hope they fix it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2013, 03:29 AM   #6
MVP

Phreezy P's Arena

OVR: 24

Never noticed this, but I guess its because I dont play my player yet. I often found the Y button too sensitive in regular games, to the point where players jumped to block a shot after they had already blocked the shot. I'm going to try a my player and see if this issue arises.

CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL
Old 10-30-2013, 04:24 AM   #7
Pro

skeenz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by airaron32
Never noticed this, but I guess its because I dont play my player yet. I often found the Y button too sensitive in regular games, to the point where players jumped to block a shot after they had already blocked the shot. I'm going to try a my player and see if this issue arises.
I've played MyCareer mode, LeBron Path to Greatness, and an Association with my roommate where he player-locks on the center and I do not player-lock at all. In MyCareer, the issue exists. In the LeBron mode, I've had no issue most of the time, except for the one game I attempted to player-lock on LeBron (shocker). And in the Association, I've had no trouble, but my roommate has the same issue while he's player locked on the center (or any other position for that matter). For this reason I think the issue has something to do with the player-lock feature and the way it affects the controls.

P.S. I tried changing the Auto Shot Contest settings in the My Controller menu, but that didn't seem to make any difference at all. Don't know why I thought it would help, but hell, I gave it a shot

Old 10-30-2013, 04:31 AM   #8
Banned

Not just My Career, this happens in regular games on PC.

Damn annoying to see CPU players grab offensive rebounds over your player because he is stuck to the floor and refuses to respond to you pressing the jump button.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »