Home

Coach2K's NBA2K14 Hall of Fame Thread

This is a discussion on Coach2K's NBA2K14 Hall of Fame Thread within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-27-2013, 04:55 PM   #1
Hall of Fame

Coach2K's Arena

OVR: 2
Coach2K's NBA2K14 Hall of Fame Thread

This is the thread I create to talk about how to win on hall of fame difficulty, simulation slider, 12 minute quarter games vs the CPU.

Basically it comes in two parts.

Part one is where I rank the teams based on how strong I think they are in 2K and start with the worst ranked one, work to beat that team, cross it off the list and move up the list. Last year, while I didn't have time to work on every team, I beat nearly every team that I played including the Knicks, the Heat, the Spurs, etc. I try and be open about the process, even when I lose so you can see what's going on and post box scores and videos along the way.

The second part is by far the most fun part and that's where people come through and say yeah that's nice and all, but you didn't quite do it the way I think you should have, the game cheats, you cheat, or the lights were to bright in that game so it doesn't count. I get all that and do the best I can to eliminate all of the things that people don't like. Far and away people look for two things. One: A pretty box score and two: not one single hint of any kind of thing that's considered cheese.

Personally myself, I look for two main things.

One, realistic play. If I play basketball and get a good shot, I'm going to take it. But like anyone else, I can decide eventually to make the box score look pretty - enough. Even though if I wanted to last year I could shoot over 70 percent from the floor vs the Spurs. Here's a sample of where I got to last year as far as prettying up the box score:

Two, no changes to the team. I try and play every team straight up defensiviely. I make no changes in defensive settings, coaching sliders, etc. I run completely on auto. I always play man. You won't find me zoning, pressing, trapping, playing everyone tight etc. I play on ball most of the time.

So, a couple of housekeeping items out of the way first.

1) It doesn't matter to me what level anyone plays on. The only thing I encourage is you try and gradually improve. You can use these same concepts on any level.
2) I don't think I am any better than you at the game. In fact, I would be willing to bet most of you can beat me which should tell you that if I can do it, and you can beat me, you should be able to do it to. You are all better than you think you are.
3) You can have great games on HOF level, sim sliders, with no changes in sliders but you have to bring your A+ game from top to bottom 80 percent of the time or so but you don't have to play perfect.
4) I don't do this just for the "challenge" to say I can win on hall of fame mode. I can already do that. I do it because people don't believe they can do it because so many people say they can't or that you can but you got to cheat to do it. When you don't. The CPU brings the game YOU bring it. The main reason I do it, is because it's easy to be someone who says it can't be done and I don't see anyone else being the person that says you can AND get good games when I know its true.
5) Yes I believe the CPU gets boosts. But I'm telling you you can find any reason you want to to not play HOF and those things don't matter.

OK. So I'm sure that will bring out a few guys who want to let me have it as usual.

Here's my ranking list from when the game came out. The difficulty level in the chart means what level player you need to be to win with them on HOF in my mind. This means it would be easier to beat all of the team on hall of fame mode as the Heat than as the 76ers.

Hall of fame seems a little different this year in a good way though. But it's still hard and I haven't won as of my initial writing of this post. Compared to last year though, I don't really like the game because the Pacers are harder to use at this point for me.

Also remember, that it takes time to win. It might not look pretty when you first start winning. Clean it up as you go along.

The first team up is the 76ers.

I've been playing them and they've been tough so far.

The last game was great but I wasn't good enough.

To watch a fictional MyLeague expansion series with more than 90 episodes click here.

Subscribe to Coach2K's YouTube channel by clicking here.

Visit Coach2K.com for my latest articles.

Last edited by Coach2K; 10-27-2013 at 05:23 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2013, 04:58 PM   #2
Hall of Fame

Coach2K's Arena

Re: Coach2K's NBA2K14 Hall of Fame Thread

Play of the game against the Sixers.

To watch a fictional MyLeague expansion series with more than 90 episodes click here.

Old 10-27-2013, 07:48 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 0

Coach...I've always loved your tutorials and in depth analysis of NBA 2k every year...you help us all get better and just wanted u to know its appreciated and keep it up...hoping you'll be there with next gen...
Old 10-27-2013, 08:07 PM   #4
Rookie

kevmasood's Arena

C2k, LG. MEMBER. I haven't yet to attempt this yet, on HOF, still was getting used to the controls, im playing on superstar rite now, but getting ready to make the jump, as soon as BEDS, hit us with the ROSTERS for offline, so i can start my quest, of winning on HOF, like last yr in 2k13, was a lot of FUN
Old 10-27-2013, 08:38 PM   #5
Hall of Fame

Coach2K's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by xMAN OF 5TEELx
Coach...I've always loved your tutorials and in depth analysis of NBA 2k every year...you help us all get better and just wanted u to know its appreciated and keep it up...hoping you'll be there with next gen...
Thanks! That's good to hear! I will be getting NG but it will probably be around the holiday.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2013, 08:39 PM   #6
Hall of Fame

Coach2K's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevmasood
C2k, LG. MEMBER. I haven't yet to attempt this yet, on HOF, still was getting used to the controls, im playing on superstar rite now, but getting ready to make the jump, as soon as BEDS, hit us with the ROSTERS for offline, so i can start my quest, of winning on HOF, like last yr in 2k13, was a lot of FUN
I'm waiting on his rosters too. Going to do a hall of fame season with them as well. 'm ready for opening day!

Old 10-27-2013, 08:42 PM   #7
Hall of Fame

Coach2K's Arena

Had a barn burner in Philadelphia. Buckets were hard to come by early. This one went to over time and I lost by two. Some great plays but I had a mental mistake with the ball and down one where I got Hill's shot blocked. Overall this is part of the HOF learning curve.

Great game! But I hate that I got beat.

Here's the box scores!

Last edited by Coach2K; 10-27-2013 at 08:45 PM.
Old 10-27-2013, 09:14 PM   #8
Rookie

Im a Pacers fan myself and play with them all the time. I can't help but notice Roy Hibbert pulling down very few rebounds. I hope the change the rebounding soon because there is no reason big guys like him should just sit there while guys get rebounds over him. I noticed while messing with sliders and stuff though that it seems to be a hustle and fatigue issue.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »