Home

Must Read For All People Regarding Graphics

This is a discussion on Must Read For All People Regarding Graphics within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-24-2013, 12:04 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0

People. This is all I see on these forums. We see trailers and then gameplay footage. The trailer is zoomed in and the gameplay is zoomed out.

These are the reactions :

"OMG THE GRAPHICS LOOK BETTER IN THE TRAILER!"

"THEY LIED TO US!!!"

Listen,

Go to a real game or better yet, watch one on TV from the presentation angle that every broadcast (and the game) use.

Do you notice the detail you see in the trailer? Do you see all of the tiny details you see in a trailer?

No. You don't. So all of you who assume because we see trailers of player close-ups (which look 100% identical to the transition between basket cuts that are in the game) that the same level of detail will be noticeable from a view that is zoomed out, you are messed up.

Jesus. Seriously. I swear to God some of you have a problem.

And to add another thing :

All of these, "RIP Association Mode" or "They took out seasons!" complainers, they renamed it. It's called MyGM now. Grow up. They took out 30 team control and multiple users. If you are one of the 1% who play that way, then you guys can complain all you want. The rest of you, shut it. Its the same damn thing.

Last edited by RateSports; 10-24-2013 at 02:03 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2013, 01:31 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Must Read For All People Regarding Graphics

You nailed it right on the head, if they don't like it, then they don't have to buy it
Old 10-24-2013, 02:00 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 5

What the actual **** is the point of 32 team control like really? What the heck is the point? Are people going to start playing games with 2 controllers saying "It makes the CPU more SIM!" -__- come on this is a non-issue.
Old 10-24-2013, 02:08 AM   #4
MVP

Melbournelad's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrueToTheGame
What the actual **** is the point of 32 team control like really? What the heck is the point? Are people going to start playing games with 2 controllers saying "It makes the CPU more SIM!" -__- come on this is a non-issue.
Are we in 2036? Since when does the NBA have 32 teams?

And anyone who has played Association knows exactly why 30 team control is needed. The CPU logic (draft, trade, FA, team building) is terrible. If it was half way competent I would only control one team, but in every 2k so far the logic has been horrible. Hopefully that isn't the case with NG. And don't use hyperbole, no one "plays games with 2 controllers to make it more sim".

It's a non-issue to you. It will be a non-issue if the CPU logic is finally decent. I could ask why does anyone play Myteam or online (in it's current form), but I don't, because I know there are some that do like those two.
Old 10-24-2013, 02:09 AM   #5
Rookie

TheSituation's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrueToTheGame

It's a not a big issue to me, but I perfectly understand where those people are coming from. If the CPU/AI logic to making certain decisions wouldn't be so awful, this wouldn't be an issue.

Perhaps they reworked those aspects in the next generation version.. who knows.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2013, 02:09 AM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melbournelad
And anyone who has played Association knows exactly why 30 team control is needed
This is just false in a lot of ways.

The vast majority of people play association mode, and I guarantee the vast majority don't use 30 team control.

Having said that, hopefully your concerns about it are adjusted. I think we all have high hopes this year and that's refreshing for once.
Old 10-24-2013, 02:10 AM   #7
MVP

Melbournelad's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by RateSports
People. This is all I see on these forums. We see trailers and then gameplay footage. The trailer is zoomed in and the gameplay is zoomed out.

These are the reactions :

"OMG THE GRAPHICS LOOK BETTER IN THE TRAILER!"

"THEY LIED TO US!!!"

Listen,

Go to a real game or better yet, watch one on TV from the presentation angle that every broadcast (and the game) use.

Do you notice the detail you see in the trailer? Do you see all of the tiny details you see in a trailer?

No. You don't. So all of you who assume because we see trailers of player close-ups (which look 100% identical to the transition between basket cuts that are in the game) that the same level of detail will be noticeable from a view that is zoomed out, you are messed up.

Jesus. Seriously. I swear to God some of you have a problem.

And to add another thing :

All of these, "RIP Association Mode" or "They took out seasons!" complainers, they renamed it. It's called MyGM now. Grow up. They took out 30 team control and multiple users. If you are one of the 1% who play that way, then you guys can complain all you want. The rest of you, shut it. Its the same damn thing.
Your post was good up until the last paragraph. There is evidently more than 1% who used 30 team control, otherwise you wouldn't see much of an outcry. And like I said, that won't be an issue if the CPU logic is finally revamped. I didn't control more than one team because I really wanted to, I did because it was a neccessity when the CPU logic was so bad.
Old 10-24-2013, 02:11 AM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melbournelad
Your post was good up until the last paragraph. There is evidently more than 1% who used 30 team control, otherwise you wouldn't see much of an outcry. And like I said, that won't be an issue if the CPU logic is finally revamped. I didn't control more than one team because I really wanted to, I did because it was a neccessity when the CPU logic was so bad.
That's understandable but as far as citing an outcry, it's easy to find the people who don't like a feature. Remove it, then all of a sudden it's a huge deal. Still isn't even close to a majority.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »