Home

miss open shots and after ankle breaking moves

This is a discussion on miss open shots and after ankle breaking moves within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-14-2013, 11:48 AM   #1
Rookie

celtics9rondo's Arena

OVR: 0
miss open shots and after ankle breaking moves

the the title explains it... i did an ankle breaker and got the wide open shot. i had perfect release and an A for shot choice. this happens on an everyday basis. Also i was in my career and i had 72 for my 3pt attribute and i missed the shot. same details A for grade and "excellent" for release. Both are really frustrating. Anyone having this problem too?
Patriots
rajon rondo
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2013, 12:00 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: miss open shots and after ankle breaking moves

If u have a 72 3pt shot its not going to go in very often and just like in real life sometimes players miss open shots it happens i played a my team game and me and the other guy had paul george his paul george was hitting everything while my paul george could not hit a single shot
Old 10-14-2013, 12:10 PM   #3
Rookie

cavs25's Arena

OVR: 1

72=C
This means you are supposed to be an average 3pt shooter, who must likely shoots about 36% from behind the line.
Old 10-14-2013, 01:15 PM   #4
Rookie

thedoob's Arena

OVR: 9

I'm assuming you made him fall and then immediately shot it. Wrong, wrong, wrong. After you break his ankles there are a few things you must do:
1. Stare him down as he tries to recover.
2. Shoot a fallaway 3.(Very important you make it look legit)
3. As the shot is arcing, whisper "Buckets" to the defender flailing to contest your shot.
Old 10-14-2013, 01:21 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by celtics9rondo
the the title explains it... i did an ankle breaker and got the wide open shot. i had perfect release and an A for shot choice. this happens on an everyday basis. Also i was in my career and i had 72 for my 3pt attribute and i missed the shot. same details A for grade and "excellent" for release. Both are really frustrating. Anyone having this problem too?
Have u ever played bastketball?? Sometimes - matter-a-fact, half the time (cause the BEST shooters only shoot 40-50%) regardless of how good your release feels or how good of a shooter u are, u miss the shot. If u expect to hit the shot every time it says "A+ release"then you're really fooling urself and u might as well just turn your shot feedback off 2 save yourself the frustration. Also, what's your consistency and your shot off the dribble rating because those things matter also?
Committed 2 page, I write a rhyme, sometimes won't finish 4 days
Scrutinize my literature from the large 2 the miniature
I mathematically ADD minister
Subtract the wack, Selector, wheel it back I'm feelin that!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2013, 01:32 PM   #6
MVP

thedream2k13's Arena

Shot rating determines success along with releasw.2k needs to get rid of the grading system so people can start learning releases in. Practice mode again.

fighting for truth, justice and SIMULATION gameplay
Old 10-14-2013, 04:08 PM   #7
Rookie

celtics9rondo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel_INS
Have u ever played bastketball?? Sometimes - matter-a-fact, half the time (cause the BEST shooters only shoot 40-50%) regardless of how good your release feels or how good of a shooter u are, u miss the shot. If u expect to hit the shot every time it says "A+ release"then you're really fooling urself and u might as well just turn your shot feedback off 2 save yourself the frustration. Also, what's your consistency and your shot off the dribble rating because those things matter also?
I played basketball and watch it regularly and see players like melo and felton miss open 3s sometimes, but i am yet to make a 3 point shot wide open and same with an ankle breaker. my medium range is like a 78 and still i get nothing to fall for me. ive broken the ankles more than a dozen times and never got a single bucket to go. and same with being wide open..

Patriots
rajon rondo
Old 10-15-2013, 09:25 AM   #8
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

OVR: 13

If you break someone's ankle, drive, make the defense collapse, and find the open man for "bucketz". Don't just settle for a jumpshot!

But cmon guys he broke their ankles? Do you guys not watch highlights?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »