Home

Is there a reason My Player/Career was barely touched?

This is a discussion on Is there a reason My Player/Career was barely touched? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-10-2013, 03:06 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Is there a reason My Player/Career was barely touched?

I mean seriously? My Player was barely touched, if at all. Same hairstyles, tattoos, facial features, etc. The only thing they changed in this category was add some more clothes options and a couple accessories. Oh and the ability boost but that's honestly really useless.

Then we go to My Career. Not much has really changed and the stuff that has changed, about 95% of them were stupid AF. They changed the menu (which is honestly the only thing I actually like). I finally like how the white socks/black socks was changed to match with an Away/Home game. I still don't like how no new animations were introduced. I would like my own poster dunk celebration or 3 point animation. They didn't even add an option for secondary positions! I don't want my 6'1 PG be subbed in at SG when someone taller than me is put at PG.

Gameplay in general is good except for shooting % still. I got drafted to a 69 rated 76ers team vs the Heat. At halftime we were up 50-41 and my team was shooting 58%!!! Really??? The Heat were shooting 54%! WTF man! What is with 2K and they're really high shooting percentages in this mode?? Scoring in the paint is still WAY TOO EASY for the opponent AI. Shot clock cheese, IMO, has gotten way worse this year. I just witnessed shane battier take a 35 foot 3 pointer, turn around fade away with thaddeus young in his face and he swished it completely. And that was 1 of like 10 shot clock cheeses.

Also why still have the rookie showcase? It's completely pointless. I like the 2K11 scrimmage to determine draft because that is the closest to what really happens in real life. You don't play in MSG in front of thousands of people to determine draft stock. Also why remove the summer league and d-league from 2K10? I also hate playing the same people over and over and over when I make a new player or restart the rookie showcase. Why is it also we have those interviews? Why can't we get drafted by a team that needs me for my position/skill set. Also, why can't I have the ability to start for a team. The 76ers need a PG but they let Michael Carter Williams be the PG when I'm the more purest PG out of us two.

These are just my opinions and I felt the need to vent a little. I feel 2K just completely loathed around on this mode and didn't even care what we customers think. They never do. Unless they've changed A LOT in 2K14 next gen, then they done f***ed up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2013, 05:57 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Is there a reason My Player/Career was barely touched?

Now you know how Association Mode fans feel.
Old 10-10-2013, 06:34 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

That's why I call this game 2k13.5
Old 10-10-2013, 06:56 PM   #4
Rookie

ruttentud's Arena

OVR: 0

Hey, still not as big of a mess as Madden.

I'm not that into this game, so it doesn't hit me as hard, but I completely feel you. I was hoping to see some new things. And would hope to see the game make educated decisions when drafting you. Does a team have an old starting PG that's great, but about to retire and need a new one to grow into the position? Or a team need a new starter?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »