Home

Floor Genreal, Deron Williams is more!!!

This is a discussion on Floor Genreal, Deron Williams is more!!! within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-28-2013, 10:31 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Floor Genreal, Deron Williams is more!!!

Tonights Topic: Deron Williams is nolonger a "Floor General" in the coming NBA2K14.... Do you agree with this or disagree?

My argument is, he's pretty much been an average or slightly above average PG on the Nets so far. Maybe it was Jerry Sloans system that made him look like the next J Kidd. You could say that he wasnt healthy, but if you play in the game, healthy excuse goes out the window.

In the last two seasons the Nets have the record of 68-80 coming out of the East, with Deron playing in 133 of those games.

Now he's averaging 8.2 assists and 19.9 ppg, but he's looking to score more often than set teammates up. Anyone that knows what a Floor General does, knows that its more than getting assists. Guys like CP3, Rondo etc look to make others better first. And the teams success is more so due to them facilitating or being pass first.

Guys like Westbrook, Rose, Tony Parker wouldnt be classified as Floor Generals as they are more the scoring shoot first, attacking guards that may accumulate assists from them driving and dishing.

Im sure any will disagree. Thats ok, all of this is just opinions

old psn First-Draft-
new psn mlnD-gAmEz-
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2013, 10:46 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Floor Genreal, Deron Williams is more!!!

I agree with you. Deron Williams has a conditioning problem which affects his performance on the hardwood floor. His weight issues are the main problem. This is why he gets injured frequently due to poor conditioning. His coach PJ came on record and publicly said this.

I had NBA League Pass last year and saw pretty much all the basketball games on every night and Deron is a flash in the pan. Some nights I would say wow, there is the Deron Williams I know and some nights I would say, what is going on here?

The signature skills I would give him are: Pick/Roll Maestro, Ankle Breaker, Shot Creator. Only 3. Why? Signature Skills are powerful and they should not be tossed left and right like a damn rodeo. If someone is good at something you just don't give them a signature skill. What you do is increase their rating for that particular skill. (Ex. Deron Williams is good attacking the rim. So should I give him Finisher signature skill? NO. I would increase his layup rating, inside rating, from lets say 80 to 85. This is just an example
Old 09-28-2013, 11:11 PM   #3
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10

Floor General
Example Players: Jason Kidd, Rajon Rondo, Chris Paul
This skill identifies an offensive team leader that has the ability to raise the offensive game of his teammates while he is on the floor. While a Floor General’s team has possession of the ball, all teammates are given up to a six point attribute boost to their offensive abilities.

I say the description doesn't fit him and I agree with it. No big deal really but I don't think of floor general when I think of Deron. The Floor General is an extension of the coach out on the floor. He is a good PG nevertheless though but he was injured for much of last season. Compare something like Net48 on 82games.com. I will say this his team doesn't do that much better when he is on the court but a person like CP3 makes a way bigger impact when he is on the floor. Now stats don't always tell the whole story. Surprisingly Rondo team the Celtic's actually played better with him off the court but that is another story. Kidd has been saying he wants to get Williams assist up to 10 this year.

Last edited by stillfeelme; 09-28-2013 at 11:36 PM.
Old 09-28-2013, 11:36 PM   #4
sk
God's Son.

sk's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator S
I agree with you. Deron Williams has a conditioning problem which affects his performance on the hardwood floor. His weight issues are the main problem. This is why he gets injured frequently due to poor conditioning. His coach PJ came on record and publicly said this.

I had NBA League Pass last year and saw pretty much all the basketball games on every night and Deron is a flash in the pan. Some nights I would say wow, there is the Deron Williams I know and some nights I would say, what is going on here?

The signature skills I would give him are: Pick/Roll Maestro, Ankle Breaker, Shot Creator. Only 3. Why? Signature Skills are powerful and they should not be tossed left and right like a damn rodeo. If someone is good at something you just don't give them a signature skill. What you do is increase their rating for that particular skill. (Ex. Deron Williams is good attacking the rim. So should I give him Finisher signature skill? NO. I would increase his layup rating, inside rating, from lets say 80 to 85. This is just an example
So Deron Williams had bone spurs in his ankle because he was fat? That doesn't make much sense to me.

Deron is indeed a floor general. As a Nets fan I too watched every Nets game last year. I'm sure you noticed, the Nets ran an ISO heavy offense. Name me a floor general that was utilized in an ISO offense.

Kidd, Paul, Thomas, Stockton, Nash, NONE of those guys ran an ISO offense.

PJ Carlesimo and Avery Johnson were such jokes I'm so happy they're gone.
Old 09-28-2013, 11:50 PM   #5
Lid
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisxsong
So Deron Williams had bone spurs in his ankle because he was fat? That doesn't make much sense to me.

Deron is indeed a floor general. As a Nets fan I too watched every Nets game last year. I'm sure you noticed, the Nets ran an ISO heavy offense. Name me a floor general that was utilized in an ISO offense.

Kidd, Paul, Thomas, Stockton, Nash, NONE of those guys ran an ISO offense.

PJ Carlesimo and Avery Johnson were such jokes I'm so happy they're gone.
yeah, pj and avery were running deron off screens and calling iso plays majority of the time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2013, 11:58 PM   #6
Pro

shegotgame's Arena

OVR: 5

I think Kidd will be a great influence. Remember, there was a time when people would debate until each other's death about who was the best pg: Deron or Paul. I was in the Paul camp. But the DWill folks had a good argument. As a Nets fan, I agree with those who say we were too ISO heavy. If people are standing around, there is no one to throw assists to. Deron even went on record last year and suggested he wouldn't mind going back to Sloan's offense. Kidd has challenged Deron to average 10 dimes. Let's see if he brings it out of him.

Deron also says he hasn't been healthy. He made a big fuss about not playing ball this summer so he could rest. Annnd now he's injured. Welp. I hope he cut some pounds. He needs to be lighter on his feet. Sometimes he plays without lift.

TL; DR: yes he's a floor general. He needs to live up to the expectations he helped us set for him
(On my phone. Please forgive typos.)

Came to save the game like a memory card. - MF DOOM

Old 09-29-2013, 12:09 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 0

At the end of the day kirk Hinrich got floor general so any PG in the game deserves it then.
Old 09-29-2013, 12:25 AM   #8
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10

I will say this is an easy sig skill to use data to get it right for whatever cut off limits 2K sets. I looked up his stats dating back to his last season in Utah and he wasn't making the team that much better when he is on the court vs. off the court the way this sig skill works. Also it is not that big of a deal they still gave the man 5 sig skills. They probably thought he was more a flashy passer than a floor general and I get that.

Stat
ON Court
OFF Court
Net

Effective FG%
50.2%
49.4%
+0.9%

This is in Utah 2010-11 When he averaged 21 and almost 10 assist

http://www.82games.com/1011/10UTA3.HTM#onoff

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »