Home

WIll 2k14 require a brain to play online?

This is a discussion on WIll 2k14 require a brain to play online? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-02-2013, 01:10 PM   #1
MVP

thedream2k13's Arena

OVR: 0
WIll 2k14 require a brain to play online?

It amazes me how bad people are in 2k13 that have records of 250-30! They set defense settings to everyone "deny" or "doubleteam", along with fastbreak 100 crash boards 100 and D pressue 100? They score in the paint from under rim layup animations and take countless contested shots /3 pointers and still manage to win games. Not to mention the 1-3-1 with super defensive recovery they all seem to take advantage of. These guys have no BBIQ it seems and from the tipoff you know what the game is gonna be like with their pregame D blanket settings. This year will we see different? Can the game require some skill or offensive scheme rather than iso freestyle ball for once? Can the post game be relevant again instead of the countless drives to the paint everyone does? I hope 2k14 changes this new casual culture they arrived after 2k12 released or its gonna be a long year hoping 2k15 is better

fighting for truth, justice and SIMULATION gameplay
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2013, 01:21 PM   #2
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: WIll 2k14 require a brain to play online?

It's not required.
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 09-02-2013, 01:37 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 2

If I look at the crap people write in the "I think this player deserves this sig skill" thread...let's just say 2k would irritate a lot of kids and homers if online required anything resembling a brain...

Last edited by mango_prom; 09-02-2013 at 01:46 PM.
Old 09-02-2013, 01:49 PM   #4
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

As long as the Quick Match difficulty stays where it is, then no, no brain or skill..all you need to know is how to cheese and play unrealistic ball.

Now if they added different difficulties on Quick Match, then your answer may be different..
Old 09-02-2013, 02:37 PM   #5
MVP

JasonWilliams55's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedream2k13
This year will we see different? Can the game require some skill or offensive scheme rather than iso freestyle ball for once? Can the post game be relevant again instead of the countless drives to the paint everyone does? I hope 2k14 changes this new casual culture they arrived after 2k12 released or its gonna be a long year hoping 2k15 is better.
If the defensive abilities have been upgrade from where they were, then yes, this year will be different. From the build I was on, it was easily apparent during gameplay to feel the 'power' of the defense in the sense that I could create the contact when I beat the man to the spot. Just with being able to do that, it should allow us (simheads) to dictate the flow of the game. LBJ is gonna get his, but, he will not be bowling people over and dribbling straight thru 3 people to get to the rim, that ball will be on the floor in 14.

Post game is a lost art in real life basketball, doubt the game play from online folk is gonna be any better than previous. And I don't know how 2K could make players go from the post more often?

Casual culture jumped on board with 2k11 my friend, 12 probably grabbed more older casuals with the focus on classic teams. 13 then grabbed little Timmys with the Jay-Z branding, so the game was even more 'casual' to get them on board, 14 should be the year to teach them how to play (on both sides of the ball) hence the ability to play defense now... 15 imo will be that ish tho.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2013, 02:40 PM   #6
MVP

JasonWilliams55's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowDareI
As long as the Quick Match difficulty stays where it is, then no, no brain or skill..all you need to know is how to cheese and play unrealistic ball.

Now if they added different difficulties on Quick Match, then your answer may be different..
I spoke with LD2K about the online difficulty, and he said that they are trying to make it where its on a higher difficulty but are getting resistance to the idea.

I brought up the idea of custom matchmaking, he agreed to the idea in general, but really couldn't go any farther into it, they have had the idea before, but resource allocation just wasn't/isn't there.
Old 09-02-2013, 02:45 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 4

Again, bringing back lobbies would fix this.
Old 09-02-2013, 03:04 PM   #8
Rookie

sreckless's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedream2k13
It amazes me how bad people are in 2k13 that have records of 250-30! They set defense settings to everyone "deny" or "doubleteam", along with fastbreak 100 crash boards 100 and D pressue 100? They score in the paint from under rim layup animations and take countless contested shots /3 pointers and still manage to win games. Not to mention the 1-3-1 with super defensive recovery they all seem to take advantage of. These guys have no BBIQ it seems and from the tipoff you know what the game is gonna be like with their pregame D blanket settings. This year will we see different? Can the game require some skill or offensive scheme rather than iso freestyle ball for once? Can the post game be relevant again instead of the countless drives to the paint everyone does? I hope 2k14 changes this new casual culture they arrived after 2k12 released or its gonna be a long year hoping 2k15 is better
Nobody's getting to 250-30 without some serious skills (unless they know some kind of hack or cheat to pump up their record without actually playing the games, but I'm sure that's rare).

You might not approve of or like their game style, but to win that consistently you need some extraordinary stick skills and great knowledge of the game.

A player can be bad and still win games, but those people will have records closer to .500 or .450 (this is the most common range). If your opponent has a .700 winning percentage he is doing something right, and that person would still win quite a bit even using a different game style.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »