Home

Online: Poor Sportsmanship & Quitters

This is a discussion on Online: Poor Sportsmanship & Quitters within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-17-2013, 05:27 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
Online: Poor Sportsmanship & Quitters

Lets post stories and or pics of your experience online. I think I would be interesting to see the different experiences everyone has online.

Here's mine.

This guy (TheHORNY Horsey) has a really good online record. Something around 155 - 45 I think. He's the typical run around with a superstar and isolate guy. Kobe was unstoppable all game. But the defense finally showed up in the 2nd half and I was able to tie the game. Now there's one possession left and I let the clock run. Called for a pick and roll and DRose got loose to the rim and made a layup with 0.6 seconds left.

Now he was playing normal all game (without pausing the game after every score). Then he just paused the game. He does nothing but just sit there staring at the screen. I waited til the time is up and let the clock run for another 3 minutes to see what he would do. All he did was browse through the stats. Finally the 2nd pause timer is up and I just quit.

If anyone wants to add me, my gamertag is iRebound

Last edited by iRebound; 08-17-2013 at 05:29 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2013, 05:48 PM   #2
Rookie

The__Answ3r_i3's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Online: Poor Sportsmanship & Quitters

you had 12 dunks and you're talking about him cheesing? wow.
Old 08-17-2013, 06:04 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The__Answ3r_i3
Yup 12 dunks, TC has to be cheesing. How dare TC dunk the ball 12 times!

Last edited by 11anthony; 08-17-2013 at 06:07 PM.
Old 08-17-2013, 06:05 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
I never mentioned cheese once. I was actually moving the ball around. 12 dunks came from fastbreaks and him camping in the lane with Dwight trying to double team Boozer. I just dish it out to Noah for an easy dunk.
Old 08-17-2013, 06:11 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
What's wrong with him having 12 dunks?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2013, 06:19 PM   #6
Rookie

notoriousPAD's Arena

OVR: 0

I like playing normally, man on man D, running plays, etc. But when I see someone starting to cheese me, well, I cheese right back. I switch to 1-3-1 Defense and chuck 3PT shots at them if they run around with Lebron James/Kobe Bryant doing nothing but dunks or eurosteps. It's what annoys me the most. But I pride myself in not rage quitting.

I've had a few that did. Earlier today someone did that to me in MyTeam after I accidentally ooped the ball to myself with Wesley Johnson, because what I actually wanted was to opp the other guy running beside me (we were on the fast break) and I wanted something flashy that game. Guess I did get something flashy, but he quit anyway

Not to mention that oop gave me the 2 pt lead after I came back from behind. We were playing normally up until that happened. It wasn't even a blow out. He paused the game and let the clock run. I let him have 3 more minutes but he disconnected.
Old 08-17-2013, 06:24 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by notoriousPAD
I like playing normally, man on man D, running plays, etc. But when I see someone starting to cheese me, well, I cheese right back. I switch to 1-3-1 Defense and chuck 3PT shots at them if they run around with Lebron James/Kobe Bryant doing nothing but dunks or eurosteps. It's what annoys me the most. But I pride myself in not rage quitting.
Exactly. You have to expect that when playing random quick matches online. I like moving the ball around and calling different plays. That doesn't mean I can't cheese right back.

It's just not fun for me to run around with a superstar and try to score in the paint all game.
Old 08-17-2013, 06:39 PM   #8
Rookie

notoriousPAD's Arena

OVR: 0

I play mostly MyTeam and I don't have a single Gold player in my squad. It's mostly cheap Silvers, Bronzes and a couple of Legends that I picked up from the Boosters. Whenever I see someone has Lebron and the rest of their squad is filled with scrubs, I expect cheese all game long. I give them 3 minutes to see what they do and know how to react to their situation.

Earlier today I had a great match up. The other guy (or girl) had Lebron James, Carmelo Anthony, Dwight Howard and another big name that I don't really remember what it was. But he didn't cheese and we had a neck to neck game. Only reason I lost by 10 was because my team lacked clutch and I left Lebron open a few times that I shouldn't have.

Not everyone that plays big stars cheeses with them. I have no problem facing the Heat on a quick match up, as long as the other person plays sim (or something remotely close to sim anyway). I used the Thunder a couple of times and I wasn't running around with Westbrook and Durant the whole game, because that takes the enjoyment away from the game, for me anyway.

I don't need to win to prove a point, just annoys me greatly when other people (more than we can count), don't think like that.

12 Dunks? That's nothing quite frankly. I can put up 12 dunks on a normal game playing sim. Especially if the other team leaves my big man alone underneath the basket or a pick and roll worked perfectly. Not to mention the fast breaks we can gather from a stolen ball off a bad pass or a rebound where our SG is already crossing the half court line before we even pick up the ball lol. Doesn't make you a cheeser.

I've always wondered how it feels to play an Online Sim Association with real normal teams (no draft), but was never able to.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »