Home

What 2k is doing wrong...

This is a discussion on What 2k is doing wrong... within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-31-2013, 10:30 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
What 2k is doing wrong...

I noticed that 2k12 is completely different from 2k13 and that 2k basically built anew. They need to build upon 2k13 for 2k14. If they put more effort into improving the system instead of making an entirely new one they can create a way better experience!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2013, 10:49 PM   #2
MVP

KyotoCarl's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: What 2k is doing wrong...

That's not true. They did definetly not start from scratch. It's the same engine that they've used for awhile. They have definetly been improving on and building on the released that came before 13.

My thoughts on how replays should be handled:
http://www.operationsports.com/Kyoto...plays-replays/
Old 08-01-2013, 08:34 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 9

Nope!

Some of the same issues in 2K12 is still in 2K13. 2K12 was bad and 2K should've started from 2k11 but it seems like they started from 2K12.
Old 08-01-2013, 08:47 AM   #4
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

They definately don't start from scratch but I see where OP is coming from. 2K definately tryes to do too much in a one year cycle. They need to chill a little. Take a year where you focus on fixing what's broken, polish your game. 2K13 feels extremely different than 2K12, and 2K12 felt extremely different than 2K11.

You can only applaud them for trying to do that much but at the same time it's hurting their game.
Old 08-01-2013, 08:56 AM   #5
MVP

cthurt's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
They definately don't start from scratch but I see where OP is coming from. 2K definately tryes to do too much in a one year cycle. They need to chill a little. Take a year where you focus on fixing what's broken, polish your game. 2K13 feels extremely different than 2K12, and 2K12 felt extremely different than 2K11.

You can only applaud them for trying to do that much but at the same time it's hurting their game.
I agree it seems 2k is having the consumer have to learn how to play the game all over again each year, which totally threw me off this year for some reason i just couldnt get there new dribble system down to save my life, i understand it now but i literally couldnt enjoy the game until i did understand it and by that time i no longer cared.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2013, 10:26 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 33

They arent giving us as much options and customization as we need, they are deviating from their past committment to do so.

The best way to appeal to many distinct markets is by given them the options/customization/ability to fit the game into their very specific views.

We "need" and "want" more, not less.
Old 08-01-2013, 01:06 PM   #7
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffaacc03
They arent giving us as much options and customization as we need, they are deviating from their past committment to do so.
I don't have a lot of experience with other sports games, but I've always thought NBA2K as one of the more customizable sports games available, given the default gamestyle modes available and the myriad team/coach/cpu/human sliders that can be adjusted. As well as the on-the-fly in-game customizations that can be done. The only problem I see with giving more options is there will always be people that think they can somehow get a videogame to mimic human behavior, and get frustrated because of it.

I'd agree more is usually better though. But I think if you're talking about online, less would probably be preferable. The more options 2K [or any dev] adds, the more difficult it is to account for the increased number of variables any customization a human might bring to give themselves an advantage over an opponent. As someone said in another thread, online's usually about wins/losses and less about sportsmanship. It's a guess, but probably 75% of the complaining that occurs in this forum is related to (1) Online play or (2) 2K's rosters. Given the wide range of sill levels for people playing the game now, it's hard to see them ever completely satisfying everyone. Anytime there's a big change over the past 2-3yrs (people having problems making layups, shooting threes, etc.) you have one group chiming that it's the perfect fix while others complain. While the majority of people probably lie somewhere in-between, and adjust to/accept what things are at any given time. Even on this board it's hard to find a consensus on how the game should be played.

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 08-01-2013, 01:37 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

If 2k wanted better quality in their games, the would release them once every 2 years, giving constant patches and support to the current game while having plenty of time to work on the next game.
BUT 2K just wants more money so they'll release it every year (reminds me of COD)

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »