Home

[xbox360] People hiding their Gamertags?

This is a discussion on [xbox360] People hiding their Gamertags? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-30-2013, 02:18 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
[xbox360] People hiding their Gamertags?

Every time i am playing againt someone in MyTeam or Quick Matches, specially when they cheese mind you, when i go to look them up their gamertag do not appear under recent players.

However they are always able to msg me and find me. i dont get it... do they hide their gamertag? is like we never even played together since sometimes they send me a msg and i go to put a review on them it says we havent played againts each other...

the reason i am posting this is cuz 2k is the only game that does this specially in MyTeam which is leading me to believe cheesers hide their GT so people dont harass em
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2013, 03:00 PM   #2
Rookie

Legendary24's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: [xbox360] People hiding their Gamertags?

Quote:
Originally Posted by arimamba
Every time i am playing againt someone in MyTeam or Quick Matches, specially when they cheese mind you, when i go to look them up their gamertag do not appear under recent players.

However they are always able to msg me and find me. i dont get it... do they hide their gamertag? is like we never even played together since sometimes they send me a msg and i go to put a review on them it says we havent played againts each other...

the reason i am posting this is cuz 2k is the only game that does this specially in MyTeam which is leading me to believe cheesers hide their GT so people dont harass em
They probably set their online status to appear offline, If they do the only way you can send them a message is if you memorize their gamertag and manually type it in.
Old 07-30-2013, 06:46 PM   #3
Pro

TalenT's Arena

OVR: 10

It's been like that forever. The cheesers are the ones you can never message to tell them how cheap they play after the game. Win or lose I try to school these trash players so I'm guessing I'm not the first one.

XBOXONE GT: TalenT3Point0
Old 07-30-2013, 06:57 PM   #4
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

OVR: 0
There's something wrong with the game. I used take a picture of the gamertag when they start playing cheesy.
Old 07-30-2013, 07:03 PM   #5
Fighting a War & Gaming

8and9's Arena

OVR: 9

I've noticed that as well. I'm not sure if it's a XBL thing, game issue, or people appearing offline.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2013, 08:57 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendary24
They probably set their online status to appear offline, If they do the only way you can send them a message is if you memorize their gamertag and manually type it in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TalenT
It's been like that forever. The cheesers are the ones you can never message to tell them how cheap they play after the game. Win or lose I try to school these trash players so I'm guessing I'm not the first one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
There's something wrong with the game. I used take a picture of the gamertag when they start playing cheesy.

But i am pretty sure that is not it because alot of people play as offline but they should still show? at least for other game modes like blacktop and other games but for some reason in 2k13 maybe this actually hides you to the rest of the world? lmao

and of course this is a nuisance since i really dont want to msg anybody unless they uber cheese and i want to send them my best regards or if they are really class act which rarely happens.
Old 07-30-2013, 09:43 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 4

Yeah it's annoying as hell. When I play them I call a timeout and look at their "scouting report." It usually shows their gamertag.
Old 07-30-2013, 10:06 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illuminatos94
Yeah it's annoying as hell. When I play them I call a timeout and look at their "scouting report." It usually shows their gamertag.
oh man thanks!! im going to do that next time

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »