Home

Old 07-13-2013, 02:56 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
NBA 2K9

I'm stunned. I've been 2k since NFL2k, I've played and loved NBA2k-2k7 back in the day. I let go of NBA2K again until 2k11 with MJ challenge of course, that and my son really getting into bball around the same time. Loved 2k12 & 13, presentation were great and I give them 10's just for what they are and offer presentation wise compared to the other sports games we have available. Well today I popped in 2k9 to see what I missed out on, and I was floored. The graphics were great and in some areas better than 2k13, but the presentation was phenomenal. I've longed wondered why sports games don't have more close up shots to the player faces and players in game, and here they were. The end of quarter replays, the flow of the camera during close ups and after bucket animations were perfect to me, so clean. The camera close ups on coaches and players were amazing, can't believe I missed out on all this and why can't we get an option to change up our presentations to this manner

Last edited by xman2k; 07-13-2013 at 03:01 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2013, 04:38 PM   #2
SOLDIER, First Class...

JazzMan's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: NBA 2K9

2k9 was my ****. Borrowed it from a friend and never returned it, wish I still had it though.

I remember I was always Phoenix and I'd just wreck everybody with Nash, Stoudemire, and Shaq. Good times.

Green Bay Packers
Utah Jazz
Nebraska Cornhuskers

Dibs: AJ Lee
Old 07-13-2013, 05:04 PM   #3
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42

I still say that 2K9 had the best graphics than any other NBA 2K's (minus player models that were hit or miss).

The issue for me (other than interior D sometimes) is that controls weren't good, and to play in the post - I wasted most of the shot clock just performing moves and trying to score.

2K9, in my opinion, had some of the slowest and least responsive animations/controls. If that wasn't an issue, I'd keep playing this game longer.

But, again, I loved the presentation and graphics. Awesome stuff!

Last edited by youvalss; 07-13-2013 at 05:07 PM.
Old 07-13-2013, 05:04 PM   #4
MVP

raiderphantom's Arena

OVR: 6

Personally I thought 2k9 was one of the worst basketball games I ever played, but that's just me. I didnt get into slider editing back then and I thought the blocking was ridiculous.

XBLGT: tjor24
Old 07-14-2013, 01:36 PM   #5
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderphantom
Personally I thought 2k9 was one of the worst basketball games I ever played, but that's just me. I didnt get into slider editing back then and I thought the blocking was ridiculous.
Gameplay-wise, I agree that it had gameplay issues. But also, sliders can't fix controls/animations, no matter how many tweaks you make, which was the worst issue, in my opinion.

I think that 2K9 was the 2K5 of current gen - it looked better than titles that followed. And presentation was great too.

I think that graphically, the jump from 2K8 to 2K9 was the biggest 2K made since 2K7 last-gen to 2K7 current gen. It was almost like a new generation difference, the way I see it (shame on you 2K for making 2K8 look like it did).

Spoiler
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2013, 03:52 PM   #6
MVP

thedream2k13's Arena

2k9 is a classic. Excellent presentation, Bigs actually rotated to protect the paint compared to 2k13, jump shots felt like user actually had control of them and weren't lightening quick, only things i had trouble with here the sliding by ball handlers. 2man animations flowed nicely to create realistic contact animations also. 2k should have never taken them out
Old 07-14-2013, 07:12 PM   #7
Rookie

Graphically 2K9 was by far the worst imo, but gameplay was pretty darn solid. Especially with nog's tendencies and coach profiles edits, this game delivered some great sim stats.
Old 07-14-2013, 07:44 PM   #8
Rookie

l like the halftime show, the highlights of a star player B4 the game starts,(for example u pick the lakers & after that it shows a highlight of Kobe), the presentation.

the graphics & the player model were good too.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »