Home

How to beat ANY cheese

This is a discussion on How to beat ANY cheese within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-26-2013, 03:23 PM   #1
bny
Rookie

OVR: 1
How to beat ANY cheese

Edit: Well this went south quick. Oh well, it would be nice to hopefully get this thread back for its intended purpose.

I've been playing online since 2K10, and my knowledge of the game is pretty good.

Lets explore the types of cheese and how to beat them.

3 point shooters - (HOLD LT BUTTON, DEAR GOD PLEASE DO IT) the people who just shoot the 3's. It's pretty easy to guard these people man to man because you know they want to shoot the 3. And once you see how they try to get open, you can predict what they are going to do. Ex: the ones who move left to right, right to left, then throw up a 3. Just predict those moves, and you'll be okay. If all else fails, run a 3-2 (obviously), and always keep an eye on the corner spots. They will occasionally hit the 3, but this game is all about momentum, once you get 2-3 defensive stops in a row, all they'll see are bricks.

1-3-1 zone abuse, off ball def at the 4/5 - People play off ball def because they try to get steals, or can't play man to man defense. So just attack the player they're manually controlling. Usually the 4 or the 5, send your big to cut, run a play, it'll catch them off guard a couple of times. If they adjust, you adjust. 1-3-1 zone, run any play called horns, that is all. If you can't beat the 1-3-1 with horns, somethings not working with your play style.

How to beat LeBron James/Kevin Durant/Kobe Bryant - Unless you have a really good defender OR good interior defense, the game will allow these guys to blow past you 4/5 times. If that happens, I am forced to play the 1-3-1. And when you play the 1-3-1, you HAVE to keep an eye out for corner shooters. This is the hardest defense to play, because it can fall apart by 1 simple lead pass. Lead pass Ray Allen/Nash/Kevin Martin to a corner 3, it's pretty much in.

I hope I explained this well, I can add more if you guys request them. And if you think I cheese or have horrible strategy, then leave a comment.

Oh, and how to run an offense; work the post, run plays, play the fastbreak when you have the momentum. Easier said that done? Hell no, running plays are the easiest things to do, you follow the arrows, pass when it tells you to, shoot when you're open. Post plays? Engage post > create space/faceup/backdown > shimmy/pumpfake/drive/spin > hook/dunk/layup/pumpfake/pass > score. So many options.

Last edited by bny; 05-27-2013 at 02:52 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2013, 04:02 PM   #2
MVP

d11king's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: How to beat ANY cheese

*Sarcastic font* Got it Coach
Old 05-26-2013, 07:11 PM   #3
Rookie

how would you beat me

I play great defense A stealing grade A- Blocking grade 93% on ball defense

but cheese on offense I abuse fastbreaks with J.Kidd (floor general) quick outlet to Melo, JR, Shump and Novak in their hotspots if i dont score before 6 secs on shot clock, I set set up screens for melo(deadeye+shot creator+floor general boost), abuse the hell out amare(finisher+posterizer). If see someone pick the knicks before me I quit because I already know whats coming.
George Gervin
James Worthy
Larry Nance

Greg Anthony
Dell Curry
Gerald Wallace(rookie)
Tom Bullard
Robert Parish
Jeff Turner
Robert PACKMAN
Old 05-26-2013, 08:01 PM   #4
bny
Rookie

Quote:
but cheese on offense I abuse fastbreaks with J.Kidd (floor general)
Jason Kidd misses contested layups easily, pull up jumper - I wouldn't worry too much, spot up JKidd in a half court offense is more of a concern: Sag off during fast break

Quote:
quick outlet to Melo, JR, Shump and Novak in their hotspots
If that's your game, then I'll just play a slow game, and run my plays. You stop quick outlets by scoring and preventing a fastbreak, and set up your half court defense. If I'm not scoring, set offense rebounding to zero for better transition defense.

Quote:
abuse the hell out amare(finisher+posterizer)
Let me guess, spin baseline > dunk. Neutralize spin by moving correctly.

Quote:
If see someone pick the knicks before me I quit because I already know whats coming.
Nobody likes you.
Old 05-26-2013, 08:55 PM   #5
Rookie

Ur mistaken kidd doesnt score all he is there for passing and attribute boost and with amare i use my shooters to clear the lane for take off if u are waiting under basket poterizer animation happens I only lost like 6 online quick match all year out of 130 games played
George Gervin
James Worthy
Larry Nance

Greg Anthony
Dell Curry
Gerald Wallace(rookie)
Tom Bullard
Robert Parish
Jeff Turner
Robert PACKMAN
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2013, 09:00 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bny
Jason Kidd misses contested layups easily, pull up jumper - I wouldn't worry too much, spot up JKidd in a half court offense is more of a concern: Sag off during fast break

If that's your game, then I'll just play a slow game, and run my plays. You stop quick outlets by scoring and preventing a fastbreak, and set up your half court defense. If I'm not scoring, set offense rebounding to zero for better transition defense.

Let me guess, spin baseline > dunk. Neutralize spin by moving correctly.

Nobody likes you.
Trust me you dont wanna play slow I play a mean halfcourt game. I play uptempo because it makes my opponents quit quicker dont wanna waste my time on someone who is not up to par. I hate spinners I had enough of them on myteam. You damn right nobody likes me i get alot of hate mail especially from those who think the can just turbo their way in the paint with Lebron and westbrook.
George Gervin
James Worthy
Larry Nance

Greg Anthony
Dell Curry
Gerald Wallace(rookie)
Tom Bullard
Robert Parish
Jeff Turner
Robert PACKMAN
Old 05-26-2013, 11:05 PM   #7
Go Titans..

OVR: 34

Records don't mean crap online. They don't match you up with people similar to you, they just match you up with random people. In other words, it doesn't get progressively harder like in Madden. I'm 101-30 and I ain't even good lol.
Old 05-27-2013, 01:19 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by snyder2nyce
Trust me you dont wanna play slow I play a mean halfcourt game. I play uptempo because it makes my opponents quit quicker dont wanna waste my time on someone who is not up to par. I hate spinners I had enough of them on myteam. You damn right nobody likes me i get alot of hate mail especially from those who think the can just turbo their way in the paint with Lebron and westbrook.
Keep telling us about how good you are.

Last edited by aMajorNoob; 05-27-2013 at 01:35 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »