Home

Plays to beat 131 zone?

This is a discussion on Plays to beat 131 zone? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-13-2013, 07:17 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Plays to beat 131 zone?

i have been doing pretty good againt the zones but i always struggle since evrytime one of my guy is open he will juust cut as soon as i pass the ball and that causes a steal.

i want to know a play(s) that could keep my shooters in the corner so they ont suddnely leave.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2013, 11:00 AM   #2
bls
MVP

bls's Arena

OVR: 8
Same problem I have which is why everyone plays 1 3 1, because they know your shooters dont stay put. They cut right into the zone for an easy steal as soon as you try to pass it to them.

If 2k is gonna allow these zones they need to allow flexibility to the offense so i can choose whether I want my offense to stay put or be a motion offense.

They also need to bring back the individual quick play options they had in 2k10 where the user could decide whoever they wanted to post up, set a screen, get open or cut to the basket. Many times youll have a mismatch on someone but there is no way to exploit it because you cant tell whoever has the mismatch to go down on the post.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
Old 05-14-2013, 11:28 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Plays to beat 131 zone?

all horns play + brush trey
Old 05-14-2013, 11:29 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

its a zone, no magic play just ball movement. use picks, insert shooters into the game. post iso at free throw line or corner post....learn basketball in real life and apply it to this game, pretty simple. good luck
Old 05-14-2013, 10:11 PM   #5
Pro

Biizz713's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodhi166
its a zone, no magic play just ball movement. use picks, insert shooters into the game. post iso at free throw line or corner post....learn basketball in real life and apply it to this game, pretty simple. good luck
terrible advice. real life basketball with get you absolutely no where against 2k zones. if real life basketball mattered at all in 2k the 1-3-1 wouldn't even be a factor at all.

here are some plays from the kings playbook with shooters standing in both corners. a1 fist, 10 single, rock fist. gut double can also be good against a zone. unfortunately because of how slow the passing in this game is and the unrealistic reaction speed of the defense, if you're playing an expert zone cheeser these plays won't work. they know that the corner is the only open area and they will just manually cover both corners.

even if they leave a corner open they can switch to a big man and contest that corner shot because of how slow the passing is. those plays will help you against the bad zone players though. if you play someone who is really good at exploiting the zone you might as well just break out your cheeser pants because legit basketball does not beat the 2k zones.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2013, 10:18 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biizz713
you might as well just break out your cheeser pants because legit basketball does not beat the 2k zones .
totally agree sometimes i do the euro threes and it gets me back in the game but i will check out the playbook, hope i get in my next pack opening
Old 05-14-2013, 11:10 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biizz713
terrible advice. real life basketball with get you absolutely no where against 2k zones. if real life basketball mattered at all in 2k the 1-3-1 wouldn't even be a factor at all.

here are some plays from the kings playbook with shooters standing in both corners. a1 fist, 10 single, rock fist. gut double can also be good against a zone. unfortunately because of how slow the passing in this game is and the unrealistic reaction speed of the defense, if you're playing an expert zone cheeser these plays won't work. they know that the corner is the only open area and they will just manually cover both corners.

even if they leave a corner open they can switch to a big man and contest that corner shot because of how slow the passing is. those plays will help you against the bad zone players though. if you play someone who is really good at exploiting the zone you might as well just break out your cheeser pants because legit basketball does not beat the 2k zones.
If those plays don't work, use Horns 1. Pass it to a big man and then pass it to the opposite corner (weakside). Your opponent should be focused on the big man with the ball so much that he'll forget about the weakside corner.
Old 05-14-2013, 11:39 PM   #8
Rookie

Coach profile offense tempo to 0 works for me on getting shooters to stay put

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »