Home

Question to all Hardcore Association Fans

This is a discussion on Question to all Hardcore Association Fans within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-01-2013, 06:32 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Question to all Hardcore Association Fans

When rebuilding a team in association how do you do it?? do you just try to draft Lottery Picks and build around them or just develop the talent you have on your team?? or do you just trade everyone for a superstar?? I was just curious to ask this since I see a lot of people's teams and it seems like everybody ALWAYS gets a lottery pick and lands either Ben Macklemore or Noel Nerlens

The best part about association to me is being able to take a young player that fits my own criteria in Potential
EX. 6'6" shooting guard with good ability to slash.
7 Foot Center that is extremely young that I can mold

And I turn scrubs that are 61 overall into 85 or 88 overalls in the matter of 3 to 4 seasons of development... I feel this makes association more enjoyable to me than just trying to land superstars every off season and I try to draft YOUNG as possible and develop young talent and sometimes trade those players for either picks or great role players...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2013, 03:08 AM   #2
Rookie

shadow2201's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Question to all Hardcore Association Fans

I hardly ever sign superstars in FA! If anything I'll trade an aging stud to a team for a top pick and get a young guy like Noel or Mclemore, to build up my team, even if it means I have to be sub par for a season! I've tried playing seasons where I sign studs in the offseason and I just lose interest! Would rather build my team up from the bottom than start from the top!
Old 04-02-2013, 04:59 AM   #3
Pro

mpac's Arena

OVR: 1

whenever I play association whether a rebuild or contending team, I usually make few roster moves during the 1st season to build a core of players that I will use for the coming years. And then from then on, I will make few changes on the bench for further improvements or may add or change 1 starter to make my team better.

I usually get future picks but depending on how deep the draft class is. I usually use a team with one star or a couple of old reliable veteran guys, and then build on from there.
Old 04-03-2013, 06:09 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow2201
I hardly ever sign superstars in FA! If anything I'll trade an aging stud to a team for a top pick and get a young guy like Noel or Mclemore, to build up my team, even if it means I have to be sub par for a season! I've tried playing seasons where I sign studs in the offseason and I just lose interest! Would rather build my team up from the bottom than start from the top!
Do you really think it's starting from the bottom if you have a lottery pick?

I NEVER get Lottery picks in the draft I just draft young and hopefully they fall to the Second round and then develop them for 3 or 4 seasons
Old 04-03-2013, 06:17 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpac
whenever I play association whether a rebuild or contending team, I usually make few roster moves during the 1st season to build a core of players that I will use for the coming years. And then from then on, I will make few changes on the bench for further improvements or may add or change 1 starter to make my team better.

I usually get future picks but depending on how deep the draft class is. I usually use a team with one star or a couple of old reliable veteran guys, and then build on from there.
That's a good mix

This year's association has been pushing me to sign 30 plus veterans when my younger talent players get around the 85 to 90 rating overall...

I think they should reconstruct the contract Logic ... I think it should be based on overall production and have somewhat to do with rating I think there should be a balance between the two
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2013, 10:40 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 0

Building is the funnest way to do it. I use a mix of the different ways. A big tip is to control all 30 teams and draft for the cpu so they take players that make sense so noel doesn't fall to lottery haha. But at any rate with my orlando magic season 2.. i have ben maclemore (pick 2) trey burke (pick 1 2nd round) and signed jj hickson to a massive deal. other than that its very important to find a way to drop your huge salary old guys. Now to build around current young guns like harkless, vucevic, and jeremy pargo! Realism is key to a great association..
Old 04-04-2013, 11:22 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JA Money14
Building is the funnest way to do it. I use a mix of the different ways. A big tip is to control all 30 teams and draft for the cpu so they take players that make sense so noel doesn't fall to lottery haha. But at any rate with my orlando magic season 2.. i have ben maclemore (pick 2) trey burke (pick 1 2nd round) and signed jj hickson to a massive deal. other than that its very important to find a way to drop your huge salary old guys. Now to build around current young guns like harkless, vucevic, and jeremy pargo! Realism is key to a great association..
LOL that's great!!! but don't sleep on Doron Lamb he has one of the best 3 point shots in the game!!! and will you keep Harris or Harkless LOL
Old 04-04-2013, 01:42 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 0

Tobias Harris occasionally goes on some confusing hot streaks and drops 20 and hes my starting 3.. So i'd take him over harkless, & a 2nd rounder and al harrington I traded for Nick Young last year. And although I am completely terrible with him I still don't need lamb.. Lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »