Home

Post Fadeaway help?

This is a discussion on Post Fadeaway help? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-18-2013, 07:06 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Post Fadeaway help?

In my MyCareer I have a 7'0" Center. I'm having trouble doing any post fadeaway related shots, such as the post fadeaway shot itself or the shimmy shot. Everytime I do a post fadeaway the shot feedback gives me all green for timing, distance and space but I would get a C+/- for my shot feedback. I have my shot inside, shot medium, shot close, low post offense and post fadeaway all at 85.

Besides the fadeaway, can anybody tell me how to score a hook shot? Sometimes I do a hook shot but there's no 'Good Shot Selection' but sometimes there is, so I'm wondering if there should be certain things I should do first before executing the hook shot.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-18-2013, 07:29 AM   #2
Pro

Yonder's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Post Fadeaway help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by InvizTJ
In my MyCareer I have a 7'0" Center. I'm having trouble doing any post fadeaway related shots, such as the post fadeaway shot itself or the shimmy shot. Everytime I do a post fadeaway the shot feedback gives me all green for timing, distance and space but I would get a C+/- for my shot feedback. I have my shot inside, shot medium, shot close, low post offense and post fadeaway all at 85.

Besides the fadeaway, can anybody tell me how to score a hook shot? Sometimes I do a hook shot but there's no 'Good Shot Selection' but sometimes there is, so I'm wondering if there should be certain things I should do first before executing the hook shot.
I don't know if I can really help you, but here's what I learned about post shots.

First of all, you have to be in post position (Y), i.e. with your back to the basket. If you're in the post = near to the basket, and do L-trigger and right-stick left or right of basket (in fact that's up-right and up-left), you'll perform a hook shot. If you're too far away, you'll automatically perform a post fadeaway instead.

I'm pretty sure that shot medium doesn't apply here, as I have that on 30 or so, and rarely miss either of the two. Post offense should be important as well as Post Hook and Post Fadeway. Also I have the sig skill Post Proficiency on Level 3, but I have to admit I never tried these moves without it.

I have Post Hook on 90 (to be eligible for Post Proficiency 3) and Post Fade on 60 only, but my shot percentage is off the charts. I think I missed one of each in the last 8 games combined. I'd say I shoot 4-6 hooks and 2-4 fades per game.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:11 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 8

post fadeaways shot feedbacks are lower than normal Js by default (implying that they are more difficult), but with your 85 ratings should be supposed to get anyway something better than C (usually I get around B with morrow who has 80 post fa)

as regards hook shoots, if you are really close to the basket there is no shot feedback, otherwise there is
Old 01-18-2013, 09:05 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

I have my player maxed out in most categories (post hook not being one) but the post fadeaway shot is lacking this year, so disappointing (much like the real NBA) last year I loved doing DAT shimmy Kobe move but this year... C'MON CUUUUUUUUUUH! I hardly make it it's always a C/C- and well I guess it mirrors the fact that players nowadays aren't really good with post moves, maybe the signature skill for proficiency in post moves help, I hope so anyway. I for one always used post moves.
Old 01-18-2013, 09:28 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsbefrank
I have my player maxed out in most categories (post hook not being one) but the post fadeaway shot is lacking this year, so disappointing (much like the real NBA) last year I loved doing DAT shimmy Kobe move but this year... C'MON CUUUUUUUUUUH! I hardly make it it's always a C/C- and well I guess it mirrors the fact that players nowadays aren't really good with post moves, maybe the signature skill for proficiency in post moves help, I hope so anyway. I for one always used post moves.
yea post proficeny helps so much you dont even know lol my player is 99 ovr with 99 post fadeaway and post proficeny i barley miss from the post lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-18-2013, 10:18 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

I have Post Proficiency Level 1. Just equipped it. I'm still getting a C for feedback, though I timed almost every shot wrongly. I'm going to try it again later.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »