Home

2k13 Why adjust shooting but leave NBA Jam

This is a discussion on 2k13 Why adjust shooting but leave NBA Jam within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-20-2012, 09:03 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 3
2k13 Why adjust shooting but leave NBA Jam

What is going on with online shooting. I play my associations on sim mode and this shooting adjustment that apparently was made can't be sim. You can't hit anything.

This is the second time shooting is being messed with yet NBA Jam mode is still allowed. Anyone with Westbrook, Lebron, Iggy, Durant can turbo from half court and dunk on your whole team regardless of your defense. How about toning down the dunk fest?

I'm about to start running the 2-3 zone online.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2012, 12:21 PM   #2
MVP

gator3guy's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: 2k13 Why adjust shooting but leave NBA Jam

Cuz that's what the kids want to see. If they had any intentions of toning down dunking, it would have been done by now.
Old 12-20-2012, 12:40 PM   #3
Rookie

Tr98185's Arena

OVR: 0

Yea this is crazy. I woke up this morning to see if anything had changes...NOPE.

I played with the blazers and sum guy picked the lakers. He drove ALL game with kobe. Whole game was just run & drive. Kobe threw up 35 shots, & when he did miss of course howard cleaned up. I couldnt even play my game, so i just had to try and run with him. Close game, but with kobe's closer skill, it wasn't enough.

If i gotta play like this every time, then this isn't worth it till they fix this. Back to myplayer (which has gotten kinda boring imo)
Old 12-20-2012, 03:22 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 33

Because one can easily be done with sliders/difficulty, the other cant be easily done (the frequency of dunks can be altered not the way they occur, aka, the sliding and omission of collision) ... in fact, it would requiere a whole new engine heavily leaned towards physics, if not a RTP ...

2k is all about adjustments, specially from the users ... take notes and adjust.
Old 12-20-2012, 03:29 PM   #5
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

What are you guys talking about? What shooting adjustment? Are you refering to quick ranked game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2012, 03:37 PM   #6
Pro

IUxHOOSIERS's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
What are you guys talking about? What shooting adjustment? Are you refering to quick ranked game?
Within the last 24 hours (for me at least) there has been some trouble hitting wide open threes. Before if you were a decent shooter, you would hit 99% of your threes if you timed it right. Now I'm only hitting about 50% of my wide open threes with my guy who has 99 three point and all of that. I even have the Deadeye, spot up shooter, and microwave signature skills, and yet I can't hit any threes. I have been playing online blacktop the most and I definitely saw a change within that mode. Whenever I play one on one vs the computer in blacktop, I dont notice the shooting change. I get A's and A-'s on my shot feedback when I play vs CPU on blacktop. However when I go to Online Blacktop, the best I can get is a B-, and that is with all greens.

That's fine if they change it, but they should have warned us or something. I ended up trying a whole bunch of different shooting animations last night because I thought it was me that was causing this to happen. Guess not.
Old 12-20-2012, 04:18 PM   #7
MVP

MarvinOida's Arena

OVR: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by IUxHOOSIERS
Within the last 24 hours (for me at least) there has been some trouble hitting wide open threes. Before if you were a decent shooter, you would hit 99% of your threes if you timed it right. Now I'm only hitting about 50% of my wide open threes with my guy who has 99 three point and all of that. I even have the Deadeye, spot up shooter, and microwave signature skills, and yet I can't hit any threes. I have been playing online blacktop the most and I definitely saw a change within that mode. Whenever I play one on one vs the computer in blacktop, I dont notice the shooting change. I get A's and A-'s on my shot feedback when I play vs CPU on blacktop. However when I go to Online Blacktop, the best I can get is a B-, and that is with all greens.

That's fine if they change it, but they should have warned us or something. I ended up trying a whole bunch of different shooting animations last night because I thought it was me that was causing this to happen. Guess not.
You are not alone. I've had the same problem, I thought it was my release but it isn't I turned on Feedback and I missed open shots with Perfect Release, Perfect Distance, Wide Open, and at least B grade on Blacktop.

99 3Pt
Deadeye
Anti Freeze
Corner Shooter

Money offline, Now 6-15 on Blacktop. Wtf?
Old 12-20-2012, 04:48 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1
I've been having the same problems with Blacktop. I can't make an open three to save my life. Stopped shooting them after a while. Figured it was just me though since I see others shooting very well from 3

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »