Home

[Offline MyCareer 99 OVR Tutorial]

This is a discussion on [Offline MyCareer 99 OVR Tutorial] within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-10-2012, 07:33 PM   #1
Rookie

Deck's Arena

OVR: 0
Icon4 [Offline MyCareer 99 OVR Tutorial]

So I've read a bunch of posts of people complaining about wasting VC to enjoy MC mode just to have the save disappear, fear not I have a plausible solution I found when I lost my online MC save.

There are some ways to enjoy MC with different positions off-line without having to worry about FARMING.

The quicker way is if you have 80k vc like I do, every time I create an off-line MC I get 80k sp without loosing a single VC (80k is enough to get 90+ and some decent sig. skills).

As far as equipment goes you can still buy it with VC from the store and equip it there like you would do in a on-line MC.

Warning:The second method is a bit more advanced, and should be done carefully(I'll tell you how to do with the ps3 version).

So you start an off-line MC (SP only don't forget) with rosters and game updated, play the rookie showcase and get drafted. Then you need to set your system offline (no internet connection) and remove the patch (Warning as far as I know you will loose your shoes that I noticed but you might loose a bit more, pending confirmation, and will have to re-download allstar weekend).

To remove the patch (on ps3) you go to Game utility data and remove both Nba 2k13 Additional Data and Nba 2k13. Then you start the game go to your MC and spend ALL SP on updates, so you have close to zero before playing the game.
Then you need to successfully do a dynamic goal, have some turnovers/1-2 bad shot selections and with about 0:14 or less left in the 4th quit the game (don't quit and save, really quit).
If this works you should now have MINUS SP (like -18 or -100) and you can upgrade everything you want.
When you're finished updating your player stats/animation, quit the game, turn the internet on,update de game and voila you should now have a beast with everything you wanted and 0 SP.

Disclaimer: I didn't find out this out by myself I got the idea from reading OS and other 2k forums, just trying to help people like me who like to experiment MC with several positions/playstyles.

Last edited by Deck; 12-10-2012 at 07:40 PM. Reason: Disclaimer added
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2012, 12:35 PM   #2
Pro

flyer1985's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: [Offline MyCareer 99 OVR Tutorial]

Does this actually work???
NCAA: Indiana Hoosiers
Old 01-03-2013, 09:09 PM   #3
Rookie

Deck's Arena

Sorry for the late reply, on ps3 it surely works, Xbox I heard it did work too.

Sent from my Blade using Tapatalk 2
Old 01-04-2013, 09:34 PM   #4
Pro

flyer1985's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deck
Sorry for the late reply, on ps3 it surely works, Xbox I heard it did work too.

Not with the new patch. Tried it.
NCAA: Indiana Hoosiers
Old 01-05-2013, 12:21 PM   #5
Rookie

Deck's Arena

You have to delete the patch do the exploit, spend the negative sp, go online apply the patch as I said on the tutorial.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2013, 12:43 PM   #6
We're Going Farming

Equinox831's Arena

OVR: 18

I think you'll quickly find that about 99% of the community here at OS isn't really into cheating or using exploits..
Old 01-05-2013, 02:18 PM   #7
Rookie

Deck's Arena

I'm just sharing because I dont like 2k VC($$) cheese, and for anyone wanting to try a new pos. or to spike things up without wasting VC....

Old 01-05-2013, 02:32 PM   #8
Rookie

Jesus White's Arena

OVR: 2

if you want a less risky way you can start an online my career, play the showcase and get drafted then quit, go start an association and save it as an online association over the my career you just created. if you started with 10k vc you should have 10k skill points.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »