Home

The Cream Always Rises To The Top!

This is a discussion on The Cream Always Rises To The Top! within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-23-2012, 12:24 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
The Cream Always Rises To The Top!

I'm not saying I'm the best 2K player in the world, but I do put in work with my team the Washington Wizards. Playing & winning with a high ranking team doesn't impress me. Win consistently with a bad team does. The proof is in the pics. Online quick matches (no Wall, no Nene) and in the online association I'm currently playing in. OA settings = HOF -simulation-12min. quarters. PS3.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wizards.jpg (415.9 KB, 219 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-23-2012, 12:39 AM   #2
Rookie

yungmeaks's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: The Cream Always Rises To The Top!

So.... do you want a hug? A prize? What do you want?
Old 11-23-2012, 01:22 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 8

Genuine question, no sarcasm: Doesn't it bother you at all when every game is 132-145 or something? And most games (assuming here of course) are just about running the break like crazy and scoring from the paint in any way possible.

I personally hate that cause there's no fun playing some mutant version of basketball just cause you're good at hitting buttons a certain way on a controller.
Old 11-23-2012, 11:59 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Monkey
Genuine question, no sarcasm: Doesn't it bother you at all when every game is 132-145 or something? And most games (assuming here of course) are just about running the break like crazy and scoring from the paint in any way possible.

I personally hate that cause there's no fun playing some mutant version of basketball just cause you're good at hitting buttons a certain way on a controller.
Not really everyone in the league doesn't run all the time, I do cause my team is a " Get Out in Transition Team". We have all different kind of play styles in this league from the Sim Heads to the Freelancing Fastbreakers and only one rule "Completely finished games will only count". Sometimes you just can't stop certain players. We're not just running up the court jacking up shots were using our playbook, running plays, finding our shooters in their hot zones. This is a 12min. simulation HOF league. You deal with foul trouble , fatigue, hot & cold players and your bench becomes a factor like in the real NBA. There's been teams in our league that put up an average of 70-85 shot attempts by slowing it down, running there sets and other guys who average 100 attempts a game who like to fastbreak off misses & turnovers. But when people shoot 55% from the field you will score over 100pts, if you shoot in the low 40's% you will score under 100pts. But, remember this is a video game not real life in the video game world guys make bad shots at a higher rate than the real world, player ratings not team ratings become a key factor along with Sig. Skills. Plus if a person can't stop you, you don't start point shaving to make the stats seem like NBA stats your still trying to win the game, You just might give your bench more minutes. How will the league get better or the person you playing if you ease up on them. The one thing I hate is when a person says "your a Cheeser cause you play this way or that way instead of just playing the game and beating him your style of play" I never understood how one person can tell another person how to play the game against them. You might as well just use both controllers & play yourself.

Here are some other games from the league with more "realistic scores" to show every game isn't such a high scoring affair. Notice the field goal attempts & percentage.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg LG GMS.jpg (395.6 KB, 154 views)

Last edited by capitolrf; 11-23-2012 at 12:33 PM.
Old 11-23-2012, 12:35 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by yungmeaks
So.... do you want a hug? A prize? What do you want?
Nothing, just showing people you can win with any team in the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-23-2012, 01:41 PM   #6
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

All that picture even showed is that you went 5-2 with the Wizards unless I'm missing something lol.

I was ranked in the top 50 in the world using just the Bucks back in 2k11 or 2k12 (not sure which), and I've only lost like 1 or 2 ranked matches so far in 2k13 (record has me down for like 6 or 7 I think because the connection at my school randomly drops out on me lol).
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 11-23-2012, 02:02 PM   #7
Rookie

my only disagreement with your statements are that you didnt play against the best. if you play on virgin gaming or another money site where the best "cheesers" are, you will play against more players at or above your skill level and you will give them the advantage of a Lebron or Durant on offense AND the overpowed CPU recovery defense. So youre stuck trying to beat Wade off the dribble with jordan crawford and then hope the super cpu recovery doesnt force you into a superslow layup or a magical steal animation. i play alot of quick match ranked and the chances of you playing against a guy on your skill level is every 2 out of 10 games so i dont think youre consistently playing the "best" players, just the best teams.
Old 11-23-2012, 03:12 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 11

you are my god from this day on

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »