Home

CP3 and D.Howard contracts

This is a discussion on CP3 and D.Howard contracts within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-22-2012, 09:45 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 4
Icon5 CP3 and D.Howard contracts

I noticed that at the end of the first season and CP3 D.Howard always change team.
I am a fan of realism and since I consider impossible that CP3 or D.Howard can play next season in Orlando or Detroit, I would like to avoid this happening.
The only way to avoit this, seems to be to change the contracts of these two players.
So I ask you kindly suggest me what kind of contracts will sign CP3 and the next D.Howard have.

Example: CP3 100 X 4 years

thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2012, 09:51 AM   #2
MVP

Angel_G's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: CP3 and D.Howard contracts

If any go anywhere it will be Dallas.
Old 11-22-2012, 10:37 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel_G
I know, that's the reason why I would like to give CP3 and D.Howard new contracts to stay in LA, I don't thinks they will move from there...
Old 11-22-2012, 04:21 PM   #4
MVP

d11king's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel_G
I doubt either of them leave, especially for Dallas.

The thing about CP3 that alot of people for realize, is if he signs an extension, it'll probably be in the range of 16-20 mil (maybe even more than that depending on what the contracts of Rondo, Deron and Rose's look like) but if he remains in LA, and lets just say he signs for 18 mil, add 16 from Blake's extension, and 10 from Jordan, that's 44 million between 3 players. I haven't even brought up Eric Bledsoe (who I hope leaves) Jamal Crawford and Caron Butler. The Clippers will have some interesting moves to make if they want to continue to contend, which is probably why in 2K, he always leaves because I guess the AI realizes it would be difficult (just my guess) but regardless, CP3 is CP3, pay that man.

As far as Dwight, same thing, AI probably thinks they don't have enough cap for that specific season, Kobe's 30 mil, Pau whatever he makes, Nash, MWP, it's too much money, so the AI probably thinks current season rather than down the road? IMO Dwight stays in LA, money wise, Lakers I believe can offer him 40 mil more than any other team I think (not sure) and come on.... Championship tradition LMAO.

As far as what you should resign them to, look at the other top players in their position and see what they make, and then go by market value. For example, if Rondo's contract is 14 mil, Deron Williams, 15, Rose 13, than CP3 should be IMO just a bit higher since he by many people's standard is the best PG in the game. But you would have to increase it from year to year, so first year CP3 can make 17, year 2 - 18, year 3 - 21. Dwight's contract is a bit tricky since their shouldn't be (IMO) a center in his range of money as far as contract. But he is a 93 overall rated player and still young, so you could use LeBron James, Trey5, maybe even Melo to find out Dwight's market value as a top player.
Old 11-22-2012, 04:56 PM   #5
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

OVR: 15

I've built my Warriors franchise around the idea of luring both of them to Golden State. I accepted a trade the T'Wolves offered me of K-Love and AK47 for Bogut, Lee, and both my 1st round picks. Then I made a trade with the Cavs to pick up expiring contracts.

Heading into the offseason I have enough cap space to land both Dwight and CP3. They'll be surrounded by a team of great, young shooters:
Steph Curry
Klay Thompson
Harrison Barnes
Kevin Love

Projected Lineup:
PG - Chris Paul
SG - Steph Curry
SF - Harrison Barnes
PF - Kevin Love
C - Dwight Howard
6th Man - Klay Thompson
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2012, 05:54 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

I already posted this in the Association thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcokb24
He(Dwight) has 1 year of experience more than CP3/Deron so he should get a little bit more money, but not that much. 15-16-17-18 is really not too much. It should start in the 18/19 mln range and go on from there with like 4,5% increases I think. Use the same contract you gave to Cp3 and the same one Deron has maybe, their max salaries shouldn't be that far apart.
btw I don't think the fact that he is #1 big man has anything to do with how much money he gets, I mean...the max is the max, you can't give him more than allowed, I think o_O

edit: this should be the rule under the new CBA
"The maximum amount of money a player can sign for is contingent on the number of years that player has played and the total of the salary cap. The maximum salary of a player with 6 or fewer years of experience is either $9,000,000 or 25% of the total salary cap (2010–11: $14,511,000), whichever is greater. For a player with 7–9 years of experience, the maximum is $11,000,000 or 30% of the cap (2010–11: $17,413,200), and for a player with 10+ years of experience, the maximum is $14,000,000 or 35% of the cap (2010–2011: $20,315,400)."

Dwight has 9 year of experience, that means 30% of the cap as starting salary, am I right?
The cap is at $58.044mln. It should be around 17,5mln, a little less.
Anyway I read a while ago somewhere on ESPN he would have got more money by opting in his current deal(like he actually did). So I don't know about that one...
Old 11-22-2012, 05:59 PM   #7
All Star

beast10's Arena

OVR: 36

We're going to have to wait for reditor so we will har th ability to chane their loyalty rating or 2k will just update it
Old 11-22-2012, 06:26 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamBuilder
I've built my Warriors franchise around the idea of luring both of them to Golden State. I accepted a trade the T'Wolves offered me of K-Love and AK47 for Bogut, Lee, and both my 1st round picks. Then I made a trade with the Cavs to pick up expiring contracts.

Heading into the offseason I have enough cap space to land both Dwight and CP3. They'll be surrounded by a team of great, young shooters:
Steph Curry
Klay Thompson
Harrison Barnes
Kevin Love

Projected Lineup:
PG - Chris Paul
SG - Steph Curry
SF - Harrison Barnes
PF - Kevin Love
C - Dwight Howard
6th Man - Klay Thompson
This is so unrealistic. No way the Twolves would offer this in real life at all. Their franchise player and their 2nd best on a 2 year deal while taking back David Lee who is locked in for like 3-4 more years, an oft injured Bogut and Picks that will end up being late 20s? Lets not even go into the fact that you cant trade back to back 1st rounds picks in real life now anyway.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »