Home

Most irritating things in NBA 2k13

This is a discussion on Most irritating things in NBA 2k13 within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-17-2012, 10:39 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Most irritating things in NBA 2k13

I believe many things are mentinoned here and there in the forum, so I would share my low moments with the game in rather concise manner:

-Skating is back for another year (even with minimal use of turbo). Footplanting improved minimally, but far from satisfactory. It kills you efforts on defense tremendously.
-Bumping stll excessive and mechanic, improved like 5% from NBA 2K12. A lot of unnecessary and unnatural movements in the game. NBA 2k13 is just another build of the last year game, with questionable improvements.
-Ball awarness by AI players is just horrible. Ball often lands on their head and they stll can't grab a rebound.
-Speaking about rebounds, AI offensive rebounding is basically broken. Its used by the AI to keep scores close or to differentiate dificulty levels in most irritating way possible, another proof of 2k12build not improved enough (boxing out not helping, if you were wondering whether I tried that http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2hQ_WFSiaA&sns=em).
-Dunks impossible to block or change. If opponent beats you minimally for possition forget about blocking.
-Online on pro difficulty is basically an arcade mode.
-Online lag kills your timing for plethora of things, especially on defense. In general online remains the last place where they even try to improve anything.

Well, I hope they address in the patch at least some of things mentioned here, though I remain very sceptical about that. The game is far from trash, it has great positive sides, for e.g. breaking animations in the post, dribble moves are fantastic, but how can you enjoy the good sides when movement, rebounding and other core staff irritate you that often?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2012, 10:48 AM   #2
Banned

Re: Most irritating things in NBA 2k13

Agreed.

Only minimal improvements have been made, and it's actually worse in some regards.

NBA 2k12 2.0.
Old 11-17-2012, 11:16 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sead94
I believe many things are mentinoned here and there in the forum, so I would share my low moments with the game in rather concise manner:

-Skating is back for another year (even with minimal use of turbo). Footplanting improved minimally, but far from satisfactory. It kills you efforts on defense tremendously.
-Bumping stll excessive and mechanic, improved like 5% from NBA 2K12. A lot of unnecessary and unnatural movements in the game. NBA 2k13 is just another build of the last year game, with questionable improvements.
-Ball awarness by AI players is just horrible. Ball often lands on their head and they stll can't grab a rebound.
-Speaking about rebounds, AI offensive rebounding is basically broken. Its used by the AI to keep scores close or to differentiate dificulty levels in most irritating way possible, another proof of 2k12build not improved enough (boxing out not helping, if you were wondering whether I tried that http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2hQ_WFSiaA&sns=em).
-Dunks impossible to block or change. If opponent beats you minimally for possition forget about blocking.
-Online on pro difficulty is basically an arcade mode.
-Online lag kills your timing for plethora of things, especially on defense. In general online remains the last place where they even try to improve anything.

Well, I hope they address in the patch at least some of things mentioned here, though I remain very sceptical about that. The game is far from trash, it has great positive sides, for e.g. breaking animations in the post, dribble moves are fantastic, but how can you enjoy the good sides when movement, rebounding and other core staff irritate you that often?
You are expecting 2K to address such things in the coming patch? Really?
Old 11-17-2012, 11:23 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 5

How about that fact you can't get an assist if 2k thinks you threw a bad pass. I throw at least one every game that would, in real life, count as an assist, but I've never gotten credit for it in NBA 2k13.

Oh, and the MyCareer glitch where if freezes before the game starts. Might not be on everyone's list but it will when you encounter it.
Old 11-17-2012, 11:23 AM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by alecast
You are expecting 2K to address such things in the coming patch? Really?
Yes. Why not? If the workload's too much then I guess our money is too much as well.

There's no reason why at least half these issues shouldn't be mitigated with the upcoming patch. No one paid $65 for a broken game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2012, 12:42 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stalkerxx
No one paid $65 for a broken game.
At least no one did with the intention for it to be.
Old 11-17-2012, 01:17 PM   #7
Rookie

Po0hd1n1's Arena

the cpu cherrypicking all game
Old 11-17-2012, 02:13 PM   #8
Rookie

The only thing that makes me rage hard in this version is that sometimes my guy shoots a freaking jumpshot when he is right under/around the basket...

That happened in 2k8 and shouldn't happen in 2k13 !!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »