Home

Indiana Pacers...Nerfed?

This is a discussion on Indiana Pacers...Nerfed? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-19-2012, 08:23 PM   #1
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

OVR: 0
Indiana Pacers...Nerfed?

I might as well be playing with a bottom-tier team, since my team have so few signature skills and low ratings. I got a great big in Hibbert, but I can't use him effectively due to his low SIT rating. Also, most of the other centers have Defensive Anchor and/or Bruiser which makes it worse.

How does the 6th best team last season get so little respect?

Is anyone having success using Indiana in online ranked games?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2012, 08:45 PM   #2
Banned

b2th3m1th's Arena

Re: Indiana Pacers...Nerfed?

They aren't a team that should have a ton of talent. they aren't real contenders they are 2nd round and outs. Hibbert isn't great he is good to average... Granger is not a top tier player. You got rid of your best PG in Collison. West is good but limited. Really other than Paul George developing they dont have a hope in getting to the conference finals. They are a fun scrappy team though.
Old 10-19-2012, 10:07 PM   #3
Rookie

pacers got some nice pick and roll plays. even though Hibbert has 95 Hook shot, D West is the more consistent scorer. Hibbert's drop step will get ripped everytime in the 4th quarter since they dont call reach in fouls this year, so avoid using it and stick to his hooks/fades/up & under moves. West is nice this year though. faceup shot is money and he has a quick 1st step off triple threat. DG can post up as well. i normally run my offense thru these 3 in the post and kick out for open 3's if the double comes. i hate that fake pass is "double tap" pass button which doesnt work all the time but whatever. their 3pt lineup can matchup against Lebron or Melo at the PF spot. pretty solid all around team even though the CPU wont autorotate on D like they do for the heat/lakers/knicks/thunder/bulls.
Old 10-19-2012, 10:32 PM   #4
Pro

Just use Gerald Green. He turns them into the 90s Bulls.
Old 10-19-2012, 11:09 PM   #5
rel
Rookie

Going to have to disagree with ya here. Yea, so what if they don't have sig skills...if you play them correctly, they are a great team to run with. DG will not miss at times and PG is quite the finisher in the game. Hibbert is a beast down low and EVERYONE in that starting 5 can hit the 17 fter. Yea, they don't have any superstars, but that's what makes it fun playing with them.

Oh, and yes, ditto...Gerald Green :P

...and whoever thinks they are '2nd round and outs' is kidding themselves. Arguably the second best team in the East.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2012, 12:24 AM   #6
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

I think the Pacers are pretty good to run with if you play with them right. Gerald Green def needs to play, especially if DG isn't doing anything, since u can play Paul George at SF. Hibbert is good inside, but this game tend to have the big men miss a ton of easy hook shots for some reason so it's hard to score with him.

West is nice in the post, but I like Handbrough for his rebounding too off the bench. Augustin is good at getting to the basket and can finish better than George Hill...but he's not very good defensively, so be careful using him against other star PGs. Getting Paul George's timing on his jumper is tough, but once you get it he is money from 3pt and is a human highlight reel.
Old 10-20-2012, 01:05 AM   #7
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
how many times you going to post this?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »