Home

Jumpshooting Teams In MyTeam

This is a discussion on Jumpshooting Teams In MyTeam within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-17-2012, 06:26 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Jumpshooting Teams In MyTeam

Is anyone bothered by seeing teams with Anthony Morrow an Kyle Korver light you up and draining contested threes 99.9999999% of the time. i say they need to up the difficulty or lower the sliders online
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2012, 06:48 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: Jumpshooting Teams In MyTeam

You could have put this in the impressions section or myteam discussion thread, but I agree to an extent.

The thing about 2k13 is that:

90% of all open shots with a good release go down for a decent jumpshooter or 3pt shooter. It's even higher with a guy like Kyle Korver, who rarely misses when he is: open, stationary, and the release is perfect. In real life, this isn't the case, even the greatest shooters miss wide open shots sometimes open shots. There are so many ways to miss a shot....if its slightly long and it hits the back iron, it will come straight back out, or if its not soft and the rotation isn't right, the ball might go in and out.

In real life, open shots are missed a lot more often. Then when you talk about contested threes, I believe that the game either doesn't identify contests in all cases or it isn't enough of a factor at times. If you give it to a guy like Korver or Morrow on the fastbreak trailing for 3, they will usually drain it whether or not they have a hand in their face...

They definitely need to make some adjustments to the contested shot % at the least. I can live with draining most open shots because lets face it, when you penetrate and kick it out to a wide open shooter, you did your part as a player and would get frustrated if they missed it. I know I did this A LOT in 2k12.
Old 10-17-2012, 07:10 PM   #3
Rookie

HeavySaucer's Arena

OVR: 1

I'm also getting sick of seeing Korver, Morrow, Mills, and others jack up threes the whole game, but unfortunately that is a worthwile strategy since so many of the shots go in with even a sliver of a look. I've learned how to shut these teams down, but it gets boring seeing the same thing over and over. I actually got excited to play a LBJ-D12 team even though I got my tail kicked!

I can almost take a guess at my next opponent's lineup, and the sad thing is that I would mostly be right:

pg Mills
sg Korver
sf Barnes
pf Novak
c Lopez
Old 10-17-2012, 07:26 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 11

All you whingers need to learn to play D..

Okay 2k has made the mistake of putting the difficulty on Pro, that we know, but where i am in the 2nd seed those teams are completely drowned out and if i do come across an all 3 point shooting team i generally make them quit by the end of the 1st quarter just bcos ive learnt to put bodys on em... sure im up against the lebrons, howards and jordans but trying to contain them is a nightmare compared to korver, morrow, redick, novakaine..

experiment with different defensive sets, play more off-ball defense while using L1 for your teammate to body up but not to double, Assign a defensive anchor, get active perimeter defenders..

So yes the 3 point shooting sucks and is completely bogus but it can be maintained with some persistence!!
Old 10-17-2012, 09:39 PM   #5
Just started!

OVR: 0

I can almost take a guess at my next opponent's lineup
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2012, 10:57 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMOKEYYY

Okay 2k has made the mistake of putting the difficulty on Pro, that we know, but where i am in the 2nd seed those teams are completely drowned out and if i do come across an all 3 point shooting team i generally make them quit by the end of the 1st quarter just bcos ive learnt to put bodys on em... sure im up against the lebrons, howards and jordans but trying to contain them is a nightmare compared to korver, morrow, redick, novakaine..

experiment with different defensive sets, play more off-ball defense while using L1 for your teammate to body up but not to double, Assign a defensive anchor, get active perimeter defenders..

So yes the 3 point shooting sucks and is completely bogus but it can be maintained with some persistence!!
Totally agree. I cam stop the threes.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express
Old 10-17-2012, 11:11 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMOKEYYY

I personally never said I couldn't guard them, I just said that it's a tad unrealistic. Of course parts of the game aren't going to be realistic, but the goal of a "sim" experience is to make things as realistic as possible, and you just admitted yourself that the 3point shooting is, I quote, "completely bogus".

Don't get me wrong, they are completely guardable...but not all the way through a game. No matter what you do, your opponent will hit some threes either way because of the CPU defense in this game, and you can't control 5 people at once..
Old 10-17-2012, 11:16 PM   #8
Rookie

Ghost_07's Arena

OVR: 1

I would definitely rather play a 3 pt shooting team than a stacked superstar team. 3 point shooting teams are so easy to beat, theyre laughable at best.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »