Home

Man, the answer choices are so deceptive...

This is a discussion on Man, the answer choices are so deceptive... within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-14-2012, 08:36 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 24
Man, the answer choices are so deceptive...

During interviews, in MyCareer mode... What's up with the choices? The full answer always seems to be completely left field compared to what the choice's text seems to suggest.

I got a question the other day that was something like "based on tonight's game, what are your expectations of the future?"
One of the choices was "It can only get better." I'm like Oh, that seems like a good choice, optimistic, not too self-centered. Right? Wrong...

Turns out the full answer was a monologue about how my player was planning on becoming the best player in the history of the NBA, and he said stuff like "I want to be a star... this team is ok without me, but once I get rolling, I'm going to put up Hall of Fame numbers" and stuff like that.... what gives? Did they do these type of things on purpose? Because I don't find it fun being 'fooled' by a choice.

I'm done venting now I guess, but what are your thoughts on the whole interview system? I don't know how new/old any of this is, but keep in mind this is more or less my first year playing 2k...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2012, 08:51 PM   #2
Rookie

johhnywave's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Man, the answer choices are so deceptive...

I feel you and completely agree.

To the point that I just choose the most blatantly obvious egocentric answer... and my guy usually gets 2 up arrows (usually the two fan bases) and an even.
Old 10-14-2012, 09:49 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5

I've noticed this as well, makes you think twice before selecting an answer. I want my player to give humble answers to questions..
Old 10-14-2012, 10:19 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 12

Lol. They hit me with a question about how some of my team cried after a game (within the first 10 games, wtf?) so I picked an answer I thought was going to talk about how its not the medias business...

Instead I get like a 3 minute rant about how hilarious thatd be if someone cried, and how i was gonna clown them tomorrow. It was so awkward because it carried on for so long.
Old 10-14-2012, 10:58 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Timely thread because I was just having this discussion with my brother. During a post game press conference, I was notified I'd just won Rookie of the Month. One of the answers seemed to be very humble, something like, "It's all about my team". Another was about how a ring was the most important thing. Then the third was something like, "I thrive off recognition like this". My brother pushed me to select the "recognition" option and lo and behold, it twisted into something positive, leading to good responses from fans, local fans, and teammates. Sometimes it feels more like a game of chance rather than a game of strategy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2012, 11:21 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 23

amen to this! I'll pick and answer like yea this is good then midway through answering he just completely turns a corner and it's nothing like what you would've thought...
Old 10-15-2012, 12:09 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

I've played my player/my career since they first started. When they first introduced the interview, the answers were labeled as arrogant, indifferent, professional and loyalty. I think this started in 2k10

Anyway, they changed the way it's labeled, but not the style. If you choose, b = arrogant, y = indifferent and I think a = professional and x = loyalty.

Keep these in mind when you choose your answers and you'll routinely walk away with better answers than you've probably been getting now
Old 10-16-2012, 04:49 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Somewhat related, I think it's a minor bummer our MyPlayer can never lead a truly humble life. I can answer most press conference questions as modestly as possible, thus giving the impression I'm a relatively self-actualizing individual. But then the minute my Twitter feed pops up it has one of my followers saying something like, "I asked Ryan if he was surprised his team beat the Suns by 14. He said, 'Yeah, I thought it was going to be by a lot more.'"

Good grief, I try to be a Shane Battier and I still come out being a LeBron.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »