Home

The defensive logic of this game is completely messed up!

This is a discussion on The defensive logic of this game is completely messed up! within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-11-2012, 06:54 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
The defensive logic of this game is completely messed up!

After several games now i can say that. Period!

And does not depend only from knowledge of basketball of who has the joypad in the hands, but from the incorrect application of fundamentals of the cpu.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2012, 09:15 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: The defensive logic of this game is completely messed up!

Defense is a lot worse than last year, that is certain. I can do an up and under with Brook Lopez and it will go in 90% of the time. Right in the defender's face, I will do the up and under and the defender will just be pushed to the side as the ball gracefully shoots into the basket.

How about more aggression in the paint? How about a block? No, the CPU will just stand there and let Brook Lopez (me) do my thing. Did I mention I can also do this with Deron Williams, simplistically.

NBA 2K11, where art thou?

Spoiler
Old 10-11-2012, 09:17 AM   #3
MVP

RumbleCard's Arena

OVR: 8

I had similar issues but upping the chance of contact and block sliders helped quite a bit.
Old 10-11-2012, 09:56 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sword1986
Defense is a lot worse than last year, that is certain. I can do an up and under with Brook Lopez and it will go in 90% of the time. Right in the defender's face, I will do the up and under and the defender will just be pushed to the side as the ball gracefully shoots into the basket.

How about more aggression in the paint? How about a block? No, the CPU will just stand there and let Brook Lopez (me) do my thing. Did I mention I can also do this with Deron Williams, simplistically.

NBA 2K11, where art thou?

Spoiler

I find it so funny... people talked so bad about 2k12 and now they are saying it is indeed a better game!!!!!!!! Wow, you never know which direction to go...
Old 10-11-2012, 10:26 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by alecast
I find it so funny... people talked so bad about 2k12 and now they are saying it is indeed a better game!!!!!!!! Wow, you never know which direction to go...
I am one of those people, and I do agree 2K12 sucks. However, 2K13 sucks even more.

Defensive play was better in 2K12.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2012, 10:30 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

I thought the gameplay on NBA 2k12 was awesome, now this year it seems like in online matches good defense doesn't matter. Unless you can heavily contest a shot, or cause a turnover chances are whatever shot your opponent takes is going in granted its in that player's range. Can't blame 2K I guess, its easier to market a game when anybody can be good at it regardless of skill or basketball knowledge.
Old 10-11-2012, 10:30 AM   #7
MVP

infam0us's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by alecast
Honeymoon phase of the game is over, we've had a week to play the games and now the flaws are becoming annoying
Old 10-11-2012, 10:33 AM   #8
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by bs129
I thought the gameplay on NBA 2k12 was awesome, now this year it seems like in online matches good defense doesn't matter. Unless you can heavily contest a shot, or cause a turnover chances are whatever shot your opponent takes is going in granted its in that player's range. Can't blame 2K I guess, its easier to market a game when anybody can be good at it regardless of skill or basketball knowledge.
Don't you realise that quick ranked is garbage and if you are a sim guy chances are you won't ever have fun playing it?

Don't judge the game on quick ranked game because it means nothing. Play against good people, with simulation slider and online is almost flawless.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »