Home

Reaching and stealing online....

This is a discussion on Reaching and stealing online.... within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-06-2012, 12:51 AM   #1
bls
MVP

bls's Arena

OVR: 8
Reaching and stealing online....

The reaching and stealing online is the worst I've ever seen it in any basketball game to date. I mean it looks like street fighter on the court the amount of swiping going on running around the court and instead of getting penalized for it they get rewarded.

2k added that swipe animation and its just crazy now. Its like they act like nba players don't know how to dribble. It's' impossible to set up a play due to it or even work the low post.

I play with the Pistons and it's extremely difficult to compete with a team like that now. The stealing along with the full court passing and the bigs making literally every shot in the post especially put backs to the stars like Melo and Bron being unstoppable makes for a very unrealistic game.

Never thought it could get worst than 2k12. What happened to 2k11? It's like they completely ignored all of the right things with that game with the exception of the spin dunks and lead passing and just made the game worst every year when it comes to online play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2012, 01:10 AM   #2
Rookie

basketball444's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Reaching and stealing online....

I hear you man. I try to back down in the post but it is worthless because the guard comes on over and swipes it away. And if you try to pass is back out for an open three the defense recovers too quickly.
Old 10-06-2012, 01:24 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

I've also encountered a bunch of "X" button mashers so far. I've been doing really good online so "Keep swiping scrubs". I've found it really easy to avoid their tactics and turn it into easy points. Surprised because I only use the Pistons and B Knight was a turnover machine last year.
Old 10-06-2012, 05:17 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

I wish 2k would lower the success rate of reach ins and increase the fouls being called more for online. They need to punish these steal spammers more. We never had these issues in 2k11. Even in the post up animation, someone can come over and just swipe at the ball and knock it loose, it does get very annoying at times.
Old 10-06-2012, 05:19 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 4

i use the pistons as well, and get real mad when supposedly monroe has this sig skill for passing out of the post, yet some how always gets it deflected when i see the very predictable steal coming towards him, and try to kick the ball out. stuckeys jumper is severely under rated, drummond can't do anything but dunk, basically bknight is your only hope when running with the pistons, ill be waiting for a roster update for the reinforcements to come, hopefully a drummond update, cause yeah hes raw, but still loaded with talent, kim english and singler should be nice, 2k will probably under rate them though, so um yeah sucks to be a pistons fan, till we become a contender again, and still be under rated till a couple years after another championship... story of a pistons fan thats a gamer
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »