Home

Why Elite point guards assist totals be so low

This is a discussion on Why Elite point guards assist totals be so low within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-05-2012, 08:05 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 6
Why Elite point guards assist totals be so low

For all my people who play NBA 2K13 i bet you be asking yourself why Chris Paul and Deron Williams only average at best 7 dimes a game and their the main ones with the ball in their hands ? Or maybe you ask yourself why Rondo be the main only threat when it comes to leading the league in Assist totals ? Well i have some information that can you with this.

First off let me say this problem in the game i honestly don't think 2K has any idea about this since this problem been going on for a few years now. So we have to reach out to them to get this fixed since it's unknown to them.

OK to start things off one reason why assist totals for point guards like Chris Paul and Rondo is because they not the only good ball handlers on their team. Last year with Paul i found a way to get him to average 8.5 or assist a game and that was to up his touches more, trade billiups to another team which was the only true way to get his totals up.

When it comes to Deron Williams no matter what type of style he is he will not hit that mark no matter what since they based him off of real life which has him scoring more cause his team sucks. Now even with a more balanced team now his totals should go down just because more people will have the ball.

On NBA 2K there is no true play calling engine in the game and it shows since the computer for 1. waste time off the clock, 2. does more fast pace and fastbreaks in the game, 3 last but not least don't have it so an elite point guard leads the floor.

This research was based on what i done last year and this year but i found that simulating differs each year but the totals does go up if Paul is the main point guard and ball handler on his team while D-wills stays the same.hopefully NBA 2K fix this
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2012, 08:17 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 9
Re: Why Elite point guards assist totals be so low

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaone08
For all my people who play NBA 2K13 i bet you be asking yourself why Chris Paul and Deron Williams only average at best 7 dimes a game and their the main ones with the ball in their hands ? Or maybe you ask yourself why Rondo be the main only threat when it comes to leading the league in Assist totals ? Well i have some information that can you with this.

First off let me say this problem in the game i honestly don't think 2K has any idea about this since this problem been going on for a few years now. So we have to reach out to them to get this fixed since it's unknown to them.

OK to start things off one reason why assist totals for point guards like Chris Paul and Rondo is because they not the only good ball handlers on their team. Last year with Paul i found a way to get him to average 8.5 or assist a game and that was to up his touches more, trade billiups to another team which was the only true way to get his totals up.

When it comes to Deron Williams no matter what type of style he is he will not hit that mark no matter what since they based him off of real life which has him scoring more cause his team sucks. Now even with a more balanced team now his totals should go down just because more people will have the ball.

On NBA 2K there is no true play calling engine in the game and it shows since the computer for 1. waste time off the clock, 2. does more fast pace and fastbreaks in the game, 3 last but not least don't have it so an elite point guard leads the floor.

This research was based on what i done last year and this year but i found that simulating differs each year but the totals does go up if Paul is the main point guard and ball handler on his team while D-wills stays the same.hopefully NBA 2K fix this
i agree, thats why custom sliders and coach profiles are essential for a more realistic experience. cant wait till they get posted on this forum
Old 10-05-2012, 08:21 PM   #3
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark__Grizwald
i agree, thats why custom sliders and coach profiles are essential for a more realistic experience. cant wait till they get posted on this forum
Even with those i found out that when you sim a season Paul and D-will won't even be in the top 4 or 5. D-will problem is on the game he thinks he has to score as in he not balanced out.
Old 10-05-2012, 08:27 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 0

i had 16 assists with rondo on 12 min quarters.. not sure what u mean
Old 10-05-2012, 08:33 PM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kfan83
i had 16 assists with rondo on 12 min quarters.. not sure what u mean
We talking about simulated stats not user stats. Like say you simulated season stats.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2012, 08:36 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

Brandon jennings is leading the league with 11+ assists.. meanwhile cp3/rondo have 5-6 a game.. realistic as hell
Old 10-05-2012, 08:48 PM   #7
Pro

See one reason for that is that they don't have his scoring up to the point he has to score 18 or more a game and then they dropped his touches down below Monte's so it seems.

Seem like they made it so if you don't have to score a lot then your assist totals goes up more. I noticed how his dime total went up more once they got monte
Old 10-05-2012, 08:51 PM   #8
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

It's because of the roster configuration. Attributes: Pass, Offensive Awareness.... Tendencies: Shot Tendency, Shot Location Tendencies.

Send your questions or complaints here: https://twitter.com/NBA2KInsider

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »