Home

Getting Out Rebounded?? Here's why...

This is a discussion on Getting Out Rebounded?? Here's why... within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-03-2012, 09:36 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Getting Out Rebounded?? Here's why...

Ive noticed alot of people say that the rebounding is broken in every 2K game. But the main reason why this is happening is more than likely human error. You simply have to box your man out.

When your playing on ball defense and the player/CPU takes a shot, instead of turning to chase after the rebound, Hold LT and use LS to keep the shooter from getting the rebound. His in turn makes everyone on your team do the same thing, and your team will more than likely get the defensive rebound.

This is something i use when i play and I usually play on HOF or Superstar at least, just wanted to give a tip that some of you might not know about since i've gotten so many good tips from this site.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2012, 09:42 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: Getting Out Rebounded?? Here's why...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meetro
Ive noticed alot of people say that the rebounding is broken in every 2K game. But the main reason why this is happening is more than likely human error. You simply have to box your man out.

When your playing on ball defense and the player/CPU takes a shot, instead of turning to chase after the rebound, Hold LT and use LS to keep the shooter from getting the rebound. His in turn makes everyone on your team do the same thing, and your team will more than likely get the defensive rebound.

This is something i use when i play and I usually play on HOF or Superstar at least, just wanted to give a tip that some of you might not know about since i've gotten so many good tips from this site.
Thanks. It helps
Old 10-03-2012, 09:53 PM   #3
Madden & NBA 2K fanatic

Joobieo's Arena

OVR: 19

Boxing out is key folks .
Old 10-03-2012, 09:56 PM   #4
MVP

blklightning's Arena

OVR: 9

Guilty as charged. Thanks for the tip.

3 points for graphics, 1 point for the passable commentary, and a half point for the boxart. I can give no further points since the all over the place gameplay would ruin it anyway.
Old 10-03-2012, 10:20 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

nice tip i never knew your teammates do it if you do it
Old 10-03-2012, 10:44 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

Yea its so many small details to this game and they never give you a full manual to explain these things..I guess hey expect us to just figure out every little trick. But if you understand the fundamentals of real basketball and apply it to this game, you can have some really great things happen.
Old 10-03-2012, 11:02 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

This was what i did last year, but last year, there were plenty of times i'd box out and then my guy would get his rebound stolen by a guard (Both opponent and teammate)

I havent played enough of this year to make a sure judgement, but I feel like this year's box out animation hitbox to engage the box out is smaller. I found it harder to box out than last year, though it could just be the small sample size of games.

However, I think i do see less superman guard rebounds, but again, I havent played enough to really confirm. Liking the game so far, there seems to be more live rebounds where the ball tips in the air. Was in the last two iterations as well, but it seems like it happens more, which is kinda cool to me.
Old 10-03-2012, 11:30 PM   #8
Pro

TeddyKGB's Arena

OVR: 4

No offense to the OP, but isn't this obvious? This is like basketball 101. When a shot goes up you put a body on your man and get between him and the basket.

Last edited by TeddyKGB; 10-04-2012 at 04:33 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »