Home

When CAP keeps us from playing MyPlayer or Association

This is a discussion on When CAP keeps us from playing MyPlayer or Association within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-03-2012, 07:50 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
When CAP keeps us from playing MyPlayer or Association

To me this has been a huge issue for years and 2K does not seem to realize how important it is to have a decent Create a Player feature in order to deliver an immersive experience in MyPlayer or Association.

It is so frustrating to see them developing a great career mode (endorsements, all star game, olympics, hall of fame), yet I am not sure I am going to touch it for hours and hours. The same can by said for association. I don't even want to download one of the great Draft Classes provided by the 2k community because I know those players won't look like they belong in the same game as the others.

This should have been a priority, the foundation for modes who use a lot of created players. Gamers have begged 2K for years to add fix accessories, I believe this should be our next goal.

Please, can you focus on CAP for the next installment and give us the ability to create someone who actually look like he belongs in the same game as the others!! From face features to body types and also haircut, what we have right now look completely fake. Worse, looking at Ronnie's myplayer in 2k13 it does not seem things will change for NBA 2K13.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2012, 08:17 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 4
Re: When CAP keeps us from playing MyPlayer or Association

Hate to keep repeating the same thing over and over but its just a suggestion. If online is not your main focus, pickup the PC version. You can build a mid level computer for under 200 bucks that can run 2k13.

Just going to post a couple links for example.

http://forums.nba-live.com/viewtopic.php?f=143&t=86989

http://forums.nba-live.com/viewtopic.php?f=143&t=83102
Old 09-03-2012, 08:40 AM   #3
Rookie

Thanks for the advice. I looked up the links you provided and those fictional players look great! I do have a computer bought in 2011 but even with low settings, NBA 2k12 ran very slowly and it was laggy as hell.

Obviously picking up the PC version is a good alternative for gamers who consider it important to have human looking CAP. But still, it does not mean we should cut 2K some slack and not urge them to prioritize this issue.
Old 09-03-2012, 08:52 AM   #4
Rookie

I have to agree. The player models don't look good at all for CAP. I always feel like the white people look like black people. My myplayer is white and I totally don't sound white. lol
Old 09-03-2012, 01:14 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

im completely agree, that was mainly one of the most reasons what i was looking forward to in 2k11, 2k12, and probably even 2k13 now. I know the gameplay will be great anyway, but i just want more hairstyles, and better face for myplayer man, im tired of this, its been the same since 2k10.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2012, 01:18 PM   #6
Rookie

wow ...

I'm assuming that a majority of the people who complain about CAP are not black. I can make a "human" looking player just fine.
Old 09-03-2012, 01:25 PM   #7
MVP

BluFu's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Storm
wow ...

I'm assuming that a majority of the people who complain about CAP are not black. I can make a "human" looking player just fine.
what lead you to that conclusion?
Old 09-03-2012, 01:30 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Storm
wow ...

No you can't because they all look terrible and generic.

They should put more emphasis on this because they do have a mode dedicated to your created player, so it should look perfect.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »